Because Trump 2.0

Mr King

No, I want to make Congress do without THEIR paychecks.

I'm fine with that.

In any country members of parliament should be mandarotily in the stae healthcare and pension systems. Avoiding the blind talking about paintings or the deaf talking about music problem. So in the US case they should have medicaid, medicare, oabama care or the Vetran admin responsible for them. That should sort out the healthcare problems quickly. Same for this dumb gov shutdown maneuver taking the country hostage.

• Replies 31k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stuart Galbraith

• rmgill

• DKTanker

• Josh

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A buddy of mine has a neighbor who works for the Dept. of Homeland Security. He was deemed "Essential Personnel", so he is still working and not getting paid (unless he's lying about it). Plus all leaves have been canceled, which ruined a Christmas trip to visit his relatives.

A buddy of mine has a neighbor who works for the Dept. of Homeland Security. He was deemed "Essential Personnel", so he is still working and not getting paid (unless he's lying about it). Plus all leaves have been canceled, which ruined a Christmas trip to visit his relatives.

Shit also happens in the real world of private business. Being on the taxpayer dole should not be an immunization for shit happening.

I think the contractors have the most to worry about. Those people aren't getting paid. Though 7 ot the 10 richest counties in the country are around DC so there is plenty of fat that can be thinned.

Most contractors I know in the DC area are still working and getting paid. I actually don't know any contractors who are having any issues from this shutdown (I'm certain they exist). Most of those impacted are the Govvies in the shutdown/furloughed agencies. Some are funded, so they are working and getting paid. It will take a much longer shutdown to really cause much actual pain in the DC Metro area.

I think the contractors have the most to worry about. Those people aren't getting paid. Though 7 ot the 10 richest counties in the country are around DC so there is plenty of fat that can be thinned.

When Lock-Mart furloughs all the non-union staff, or all the staff with less than X seniority, do the newsies run heart string plucking stories about how they're terribly hard hit? I don't recall that when I stopped working at Lock-Mart back in the 90s. I didn't write my congressman and bitch, I went and found another job. 6 months later, Lockheed called me again and wanted me to come in, "I had a gig, thanks, sorry."

In the end the shutdown just proofs that the deep state has gotten too big. I think you could fire 50% of all federal government employees without anybody noticing. Start with the whole FBI.

Edited by seahawk

In the end the shutdown just proofs that the deep state has gotten too big. I think you could fire 50% of all federal government employees without anybody noticing. Start with the whole FBI.

I'm sure we can start here.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/waynecrews/2017/07/05/how-many-federal-agencies-exist-we-cant-drain-the-swamp-until-we-know/#15f6eae21aa2

So anyone have thoughts on Manafort giving polling information to a Russian? Or are we pretending that didnt happen because it might ruin the witch hunt narrative? It doesnt mean trump himself was involved, but it sure is a bad look at the minimum.

I think contractors have a real problem in that some contracts are short term and need to be renewed. I had a friend who was a computer system administrator who lost his job temporarily during a previous shutdown.

I'm back to being contractor scum, this time .mil rather than .gov; to date nobody has mentioned anything to indicate my next paycheck won't be there.

So anyone have thoughts on Manafort giving polling information to a Russian? Or are we pretending that didnt happen because it might ruin the witch hunt narrative? It doesnt mean trump himself was involved, but it sure is a bad look at the minimum.

Don't care what PUBLIC information Manafort gave to anyone.

I look forward to it being made an official charge and being proven in a court of law.

Polling data? That's treason? I guess Weissman has managed to "discover" a law against that as well. At least until the supreme court throws it out unanimously like the last time he made shit up.

Shit also happens in the real world of private business. Being on the taxpayer dole should not be an immunization for shit happening.

Oh without a doubt, worse even. All my employers have been at-will establishments. Seen a lot of folks leave suddenly.

I look forward to it being made an official charge and being proven in a court of law.

Polling data? That's treason? I guess Weissman has managed to "discover" a law against that as well. At least until the supreme court throws it out unanimously like the last time he made shit up.

Next thing you'll see are allegations that a Trump ally, okay, Manafort, shared a box of Cracker Jacks with a Russian and let the Russian keep the prize.

Was it public info or was it info gathered by and for internal party use? Why would the Russians need Manafort if the info was PUBLIC info?

Yes. Don't care that the Trump Campaign was actively collaborating with Russian operatives during the campaign. And that the FBI opened a counter intelligence investigation on Trump personally. Things you claimed never happened, then claimed "collusion" isn't a crime...now you claim you don't care.

Dems file HR 1 which would allow them unlimited POWAH! over all US elections (that darn Constitution is really an impediment in their plans for POWAH!). The scary thing, is they really do want this: https://pjmedia.com/jchristianadams/h-r-1-democrats-act-to-strip-state-powers-over-elections/

There needs to be a Dooms Day clock for the count down to American Civil War Part 2, to illustrate to people what actions like these are setting a course to.

6iP4PUY.jpg​

Thats a really cool clock. I shall have to see if they have them on Amazon. It fits well with my post millennial angst.