Because Trump 2.0

Mr King

The Koch brothers, and other big business need their slave/serf labor, so they will never allow things like eVerify, and such to come into effect.

Interesting about the Koch brothers, villified by leftists four years ago, now another pair of monied men for leftists to sponge from.

Edited by DKTanker

• Replies 31k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stuart Galbraith

• rmgill

• DKTanker

• Josh

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Agreed, it is time the rich nations of Europe had to take the responsibility for their own defense instead of depending on the US to do it for them.

And let's make sure those euros are for actual defense spending. We've seen in the US that just because something is placed in our DoD budget, doesn't mean it has the slightest thing to do with defense.

The illegals are slave labor, without being slave labor, the employer has little/no interest.

I'm not completely against a work program, but historically, cheap labor has always stifled technical innovation, and any mechanism for citizenship is the path for complete destruction of this nation. The 1965 Immigration Law probably doomed it already, to be honest. S/F....Ken M

That is one of things i do not get about he USA, why not simply go after the employers and not the employees. If hiring illegals becomes a risk and does not pay off, there are no jobs and less would come.

Business interests (Regardless of party affiliation) make sure it doesn't happen.

Indeed, that's why you'll hear just as much anger at the GOPe as at the Dems because they have sold out to the corporate interests that like cheap, compliant workers.

https://americanmind.org/features/thinking-about-thinking-about-trump/the-breaking-of-the-never-trump-mind/

This essay kind of wanders around, but it makes a couple of good points. One, that Trump was the beneficiary, not the cause, of the big divide in the Republican Party. Two, the Acela Conservatives are emotionally much closer to the AOC crowd than the Bass Pro Shops crowd.

Agree, totally.

Agreed, it is time the rich nations of Europe had to take the responsibility for their own defense instead of depending on the US to do it for them.

And let's make sure those euros are for actual defense spending. We've seen in the US that just because something is placed in our DoD budget, doesn't mean it has the slightest thing to do with defense.

Personally I don't care if they use their defense budget to grow acres and acres of daisies so long as 1.) They don't come calling when they need a mailed fist and 2.) The US doesn't accept the call.

The IGB worked so well because lethal force backed it up. If you give Border Control the authority to shoot on sight, you don't need to build a wall.

And yet even with the "shoot on sight" order they had a wall and or in most cases double lines of fencing. Which do you suppose was the redundancy, the wall or the shoot on sight order?

The fence. In the end the fence was only a means to activate the booby traps after you passed the 5km restricted zone, the 0,5-1km wide direct border zone. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SM-70. Did I mention the guard towers and bunkers roughly every 250m?

Did I mention I patrolled the IGB for 10 years? Did I mention the mines were removed from the "death" strip along with the "booby" traps on the fence itself, prior to my 10 year experience of border patrolling? Nor were all the bunkers and towers manned all day every day. What probably dissuaded many, if not most, individuals wasn't the personal cost of failure, but the devastating cost to family members and friends if the attempt was successful.

Hard to believe, when the mines were removed by 1983 and the fall fell in 1989. But you add another valid argument for why the wall worked. I somehow doubt that Mexico will go after the families of anybody that crosses the border into the USA though.

Personally I don't care if they use their defense budget to grow acres and acres of daisies so long as 1.) They don't come calling when they need a mailed fist and 2.) The US doesn't accept the call.

I am assuming NATO continues as is. They promised 2% GDP but it can't be for basket weaving.

The Kurds America support in Syria are closely related to the Kurdish movement in Turkey, which is a Feminist Communist movement acknowledged as a terrorists organization by the United States. It isnt in the interest of the United States to support such an organization forever. Its also awkward since the US has an airbase in Turkey.

Thanks for the correction on the number of fatalities in the Vietnam war. The point still remains that recent European sacrifices are about 1% of American losses in Korea or Vietnam.

Putin manages to get results with an economy the size of Brazil. Why cant Western Europe get similar results? Why is the United States even needed? (In all fairness the French are making an effort in west Africa.)

Businesses are raided in search of illegal workers and the owners fined. But with a porous border you cant raid every restaurant and construction site and farm in America every year. The INS is mostly trying to deport criminals now.

If you want to deport 11 million illegals (in one year) you need 55 million officers. Or 5 million in 11 raids. The size of the US army is about 476,000 regular soldiers, for comparison. One million with reserves, etc.

Edited by Detonable

With enough strict enforcement, they go home, especially if they can't find meaningful work. You need not deport them but you also have to be sure to not allow them to be on the dole.

Edited by rmgill

With enough strict enforcement, they go home, especially if they can't find meaningful work. You need not deport them but you also have to be sure to not allow them to be on the dole.

And there it is. The wall is a good idea to keep out violent criminals and gangs. Robust eVerify with draconian penalties on employers along with an inability to collect any services without being a citizen would minimize both those who come over and those already here who stay. The fact that we have allowed a slave/serf economy to flourish in the US so business donors have money to contribute is deplorable.

That's a program for professionals (requiring degrees for many of the jobs). Doesn't really apply to the majority of illegals that Trump's wall would target nor the jobs they get.

Those that Trump's wall would target? You mean the folks breaking long standing US Immigration law?

What an odd way for you to phrase that. Do you think we should have no border laws or just no border enforcement so that the law can be used perniciously?

Way to completely miss the point...

Folks were (and continued to after my post) talk about work programs. Your link is for professionals. We have an issue with them coming in legally and then staying past when they're supposed to leave. The issue is with the folks who try to come across illegally via the US-Mexico border. Those folks are being attracted here due to the abundance of work in the fields, in fast food, construction, landscaping, housecleaning, the list goes on. Programs like the one you linked do nothing to stop that flow.

To be fair there's absolutely no reason we need a work program for most of the jobs above. Americans can and should be able to fill out most of them. About the only area that you can make an argument for for work programs is seasonal work in the fields given we simply don't have Americans living in many of those places to do that work.

She spent her entire adult life telling and living a lie and now thinks she can just say she isn't who she said she was. A media not bent on carrying the ball for the Left....who am I kidding, if the media wasn't of the Left Miss Fauxcahontas wouldn't now be a senator let alone running for president.

That's a program for professionals (requiring degrees for many of the jobs). Doesn't really apply to the majority of illegals that Trump's wall would target nor the jobs they get.

Those that Trump's wall would target? You mean the folks breaking long standing US Immigration law?

What an odd way for you to phrase that. Do you think we should have no border laws or just no border enforcement so that the law can be used perniciously?

Way to completely miss the point...

Folks were (and continued to after my post) talk about work programs. Your link is for professionals. We have an issue with them coming in legally and then staying past when they're supposed to leave. The issue is with the folks who try to come across illegally via the US-Mexico border. Those folks are being attracted here due to the abundance of work in the fields, in fast food, construction, landscaping, housecleaning, the list goes on. Programs like the one you linked do nothing to stop that flow.

To be fair there's absolutely no reason we need a work program for most of the jobs above. Americans can and should be able to fill out most of them. About the only area that you can make an argument for for work programs is seasonal work in the fields given we simply don't have Americans living in many of those places to do that work.

Agree with Skywalkre's post. But I question why businesses, especially smaller businesses, should be in the business of identifying illegal aliens. That is the federal government job, IIRC -- according to a court case involving Arizona and the federal government during the the Obama presidency. As far as the last statement; transportation is found to move illegal aliens to some of these fields, why not similar transportation arrangements at the local welfare office to these same fields.

Edited by Rick

And there it is. The wall is a good idea to keep out violent criminals and gangs. Robust eVerify with draconian penalties on employers along with an inability to collect any services without being a citizen would minimize both those who come over and those already here who stay. The fact that we have allowed a slave/serf economy to flourish in the US so business donors have money to contribute is deplorable.

I maintain that we need pretty severe disincentives for illegals, particularly when they commit ID theft. Else we'll just continue with the current frequent flyer program. And shift more responsibility off the employers onto ICE. And put a LOT more responsibility onto local, state, and federal benefits administrators.

I filled out an I-9 last week, I am extremely glad I went to the trouble of getting an updated birth certificate and passport earlier this year. Even tough I am an extremely anglo-looking dude.

When Government shutdowns are the result of factions using their power to freeze the system as leverage against the other, leaving their constituents to suffer, why is that not something the Judicial branch can intervene in, along with a big helping of "none of you are eligible for reelection"?

When Government shutdowns are the result of factions using their power to freeze the system as leverage against the other, leaving their constituents to suffer, why is that not something the Judicial branch can intervene in, along with a big helping of "none of you are eligible for reelection"?

Separation of Powers.

I would want to see a detailed border enhancement plan graphically depicted for each 10 mile stretch of border showing existing infrastructure and adding proposed enhancements with cost estimates. It would have to be signed off by the GAO, legal, and the EPA to ensure all laws are met. Then we can talk about funding it.