• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, lucklucky said:

https://bariweiss.substack.com/p/what-happens-when-doctors-cant-speak

I’ve heard from doctors who’ve been reported to their departments for criticizing residents for being late. (It was seen by their trainees as an act of racism.) I’ve heard from doctors who’ve stopped giving trainees honest feedback for fear of retaliation. I’ve spoken to those who have seen clinicians and residents refuse to treat patients based on their race or their perceived conservative politics.

Some of these doctors say that there is a “purge” underway in the world of American medicine: question the current orthodoxy and you will be pushed out. They are so worried about the dangers of speaking out about their concerns that they will not let me identify them except by the region of the country where they work.

“People are afraid to speak honestly,” said a doctor who immigrated to the U.S. from the Soviet Union. “It’s like back to the USSR, where you could only speak to the ones you trust.” If the authorities found out, you could lose your job, your status, you could go to jail or worse. The fear here is not dissimilar.

When doctors do speak out, shared another, “the reaction is savage. And you better be tenured and you better have very thick skin.”

The meetings are largely a support group. The members share their concerns about what’s going on in their hospitals and universities, and strategize about what to do. What is happening, they say, is the rapid spread of a deeply illiberal ideology in the country’s most important medical institutions. 

This dogma goes by many imperfect names — wokeness, social justice, critical race theory, anti-racism — but whatever it’s called, the doctors say this ideology is stifling critical thinking and dissent in the name of progress. They say that it’s turning students against their teachers and patients and racializing even the smallest interpersonal interactions. Most concerning, they insist that it is threatening the foundations of patient care, of research, and of medicine itself.

Note: the quote button tag is not working.

I always thought that if you lived through a revolution it would be obvious to everyone. As it turns out, that’s not true. Revolutions can be bloodless, incremental and subtle. And they don’t require a strongman. They just require a sufficient number of well-positioned true believers and cowards, like those sitting in the C-suite of nearly every major institution in American life.

Recommended reading:

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/48759697-corporate-cancer

The Honolulu Police Department's recent shooting of a black man is not its finest hour. The video of the victim's fightback reaction to a police get-on-the-ground command was eye opening, though. 

Edited by Nobu

Dang. And the dead man's family are asserting they know why he was justified in attacking the police officers. 

thing is, if he was there illegally, he has limited recourse on a self defense claim. 

It appears the killing has gained some traction in South Africa, with there being questions of why there haven't been riots in response to it.

Not a fan of excessive use of force by angry slash stressed-out police, but engaging in hand to hand combat with them sounds like a violation of the police interaction prime directive: just get home to one's family alive.

Boy, we thought it was bad when Starbucks baristas were giving you a dose of woke rhetoric with your skinny latte. Now it's a beat down with your Amazon prime shipment. 

19 minutes ago, rmgill said:

Boy, we thought it was bad when Starbucks baristas were giving you a dose of woke rhetoric with your skinny latte. Now it's a beat down with your Amazon prime shipment. 

As Amazon is a corporate charter member of Woke Nation, the woman ought to sue the hell out of Amazon's board of directors and senior officers.  Or maybe just the one officer.

Packages are getting stolen right off of the stoop these days. Mailbox fishing is becoming a thing as well.

The wife dropped off Mother's Day cards with gift cards in them into the letter slot at the post office last month to "ensure" they got collected slash delivered. 3 of them never made it.

Carrying a .45 may not be the answer. Everyone is involved.

Edited by Nobu

1 hour ago, Stuart Galbraith said:

That young feller deserves accolades, like British citizenship and an OBE.

47 minutes ago, lucklucky said:

I suppose  people will have to get white stars in their clothes...Maybe even Jews and some blacks will be accused of adjacent whiteness.

American blacks who do not cling to the narrative are already being accused of whiteness.

2 hours ago, Ivanhoe said:

American blacks who do not cling to the narrative are already being accused of whiteness.

I fear there will soon be some serious, physical, demonstrations to persuade "Oreos" to get back in line.  I further fear the madness has only just begun for all of us.

5 hours ago, lucklucky said:

I suppose  people will have to get white stars in their clothes...Maybe even Jews and some blacks will be accused of adjacent whiteness.

Jews are already so far beyond mere Whiteness that they're in a special class by themselves.

Poor White Feminists they are now part of counter revolution says neo-Marxist OXFAM

"A lawyer today accused Oxfam of suggesting reporting rape is 'contemptible' after a training document said 'privileged white women' were supporting the 'root causes of sexual violence' for wanting offenders jailed because it disproportionately affects minorities."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9671555/Oxfam-staff-training-document-blames-privileged-white-women.html