The Insane Rationalizations, Bigotry And Out Right Hypocrisy Of The Left

Mr King

I think people are just more likely to say what's on their mind on the internet where they don't fear any kind of censure or retribution.
Or it could be somebody putting you on. Without naming names, how many USian Tanknetters would you say echo her sentiments?

• Replies 18.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Murph

• Mr King

• rmgill

• Ivanhoe

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think people are just more likely to say what's on their mind on the internet where they don't fear any kind of censure or retribution.
Or it could be somebody putting you on. Without naming names, how many USian Tanknetters would you say echo her sentiments?

This. Either trolling or mis-interpreted sarcasm.

It's the dreaded Presbyterian jihad. A round of golf, followed by drinks at the club, then oohing-aahing over this year's new Cadillac/Buick in the parking lot. Easily seen by their turbans/plaid slacks.

It's the dreaded Presbyterian jihad. A round of golf, followed by drinks at the club, then oohing-aahing over this year's new Cadillac/Buick in the parking lot. Easily seen by their turbans/plaid slacks.

Sign me up!

This. Either trolling

This.

Without knowing the context, I wouldn't put it past the DU/DailyKoz types to masquerade as their worst Rethuglian wet dream and troll a UK-ite.

You want some proof, Chris?

How many incarnations did Brian Ross have when he came here to troll and troll and troll...?

Social Reeducation begins by teaching people not to tweet. It is of course not free and is participant funded.
The thing is, members of both sides go in for social reeducation. I spent some time online with a staunch Republican the other night. She made it clear that her aim, and that of basically anyone she considered worthy, was to rid the US of any trace of democracy and turn it into a monotheist theocracy based on a literal interpretation of both Testaments (but mostly the Old one - there wasn't a whole lot of love in her message!). This would be accomplished by 'People of Faith' taking public office and paving the way for public money to be used to indoctrinate children in the 'One True Faith'. This in turn would marginalise and pave the way for the elimination of all other religions. US military might (presumably less women) would then be used to impose the One True Faith on everyone world-wide. I'd like to say this person was an isolated case, but I've run into a lot of this kind of thing in my travels. She was a big fan of the 2nd Amendment too. She literally felt it gave her the right to go round to people's houses and shoot them if they voted in something that didn't fit in with The Plan. I'm not making any of this up and, in my experience, she was by no means an isolated case.

Religion and guns, all she needed was racism to hit the trifecta of European stereotypes of American conservatism.

What you encountered was a staunch troll from your own side of the pond, who knew all the right buttons to push.

What you encountered was a staunch troll from your own side of the pond, who knew all the right buttons to push.

Next time, Werb should ask her what's the color of the boathouse on the Potomac.

All us real Rethuglians know it. ;)

Also acceptable : how many virgins can be sacrificed at Bohemian Grove on any given night?

Edited by X-Files

This just in -

Yahoo News' Washington bureau chief was fired Wednesday after he was caught on a hot mic joking that Republicans are "happy to have a party" while black people drown.

The comment was made by David Chalian during live coverage of the Republican National Convention in Tampa, and was an apparent reference to the convention getting underway while a tropical storm-turned-hurricane barreled toward the Gulf Coast.

Religion and guns, all she needed was racism to hit the trifecta of European stereotypes of American conservatism.

Speaking of which -

Tampa, Florida (CNN) – Two people were removed from the Republican National Convention Tuesday after they threw nuts at an African-American CNN camera operator and said, “This is how we feed animals.”

http://politicaltick...amera-operator/

Legitimate attendees - or faux (my guess) - they should have had their names and photographs published. MoveOn & friends are not above pulling crap like this...

Edited by X-Files

Next time, Werb should ask her what's the color of the boathouse on the Potomac.

Also acceptable : how many virgins can be sacrificed at Bohemian Grove on any given night?

Not only that, but I heard you knew the color of the bathhouse in Dupont Circle! :P

Not only that, but I heard you knew the color of the bathhouse in Dupont Circle! :P

Only cause I was trying to run down your pop and serve him paternity papers.

The thing is, members of both sides go in for social reeducation. I spent some time online with a staunch Republican the other night. She made it clear that her aim, and that of basically anyone she considered worthy, was to rid the US of any trace of democracy and turn it into a monotheist theocracy based on a literal interpretation of both Testaments (but mostly the Old one - there wasn't a whole lot of love in her message!). This would be accomplished by 'People of Faith' taking public office and paving the way for public money to be used to indoctrinate children in the 'One True Faith'. This in turn would marginalise and pave the way for the elimination of all other religions. US military might (presumably less women) would then be used to impose the One True Faith on everyone world-wide. I'd like to say this person was an isolated case, but I've run into a lot of this kind of thing in my travels. She was a big fan of the 2nd Amendment too. She literally felt it gave her the right to go round to people's houses and shoot them if they voted in something that didn't fit in with The Plan. I'm not making any of this up and, in my experience, she was by no means an isolated case.

If you had left out 'staunch Republican' and replaced it with 'Muslim cleric' and 'Old Testament' with 'Koran' I'm sure many on the Left would of said that this was mere rhetoric of an oppressed people and she had a point. Or, she didn't mean it or it was because we had it coming. And you would have been told to 'not worry about it'.

No one expects the Methodist Inquisition!

Does Cole-Haan make wingtip jackboots? If so, I gotta get me some.

World domination, one picnic at a time.

I dunno what the Episcopal Church has on tap for world domination. Life Partner Affirmation Day or something...

Methodists???? Someone needs to keep an eye on the Amish ... never trust anyone without a zipper ...

Art, life, etc. This seems like a good place to stick this

http://www.bloomberg...ce-burnout.html

Occupy Wall Street, the global movement against inequality that ignited in Manhattan last year, will mark its first anniversary by trying to block traffic in the financial district and encircle the New York Stock Exchange.

Planning for the Sept. 17 protest, dubbed S17, follows months of internal debate and flagging interest, according to interviews with organizers. The morning action may include attempts to make citizens’ arrests of bankers, and some activists intend to bring handcuffs, they said.

“We are here to bring you to justice,” said Sean McKeown, a 32-year-old chemist and New York University graduate who’s helping organize the demonstration. “We’re offering you the chance to repent for your sins.”

My bold.

ETA: found on tumblr

It really is a shame that NYC is so stingy with carry permits. A mid-level bank peon ventilating some clowns who came at him with handcuffs would make a great story.
Edited by Max H

I am concerned that the first lady to wear an Augusta Green Jacket may well be ready to accept another Cabinet job. But I cannot understand how a black woman could possibly be in a Romney-Ryan cabinet........

ETA:- She just squashed it.

Edited by Simon Tan

Legitimate attendees - or faux (my guess) - they should have had their names and photographs published. MoveOn & friends are not above pulling crap like this...

Now fairly certain they were Obama plants. Mums been the word with nary a word more about the incident.

As you know, I am a self-defined fundamentalist Christian, and most of my circle of friends are the same. I have never met anyone who believes what this person claims to believe. Really, truly.

That doesn't mean that you didn't come into contact with some extreme fringe element type ( like a Westboro Baptist Church member, for example ). They do exist, but thankfully are a very tiny percentage of those who claim Christianity as their faith.

Now fairly certain they were Obama plants. Mums been the word with nary a word more about the incident.

Not surprisingly, Huffington Post is running it as a straight story. And you know how they hate anything straight.

As you know, I am a self-defined fundamentalist Christian, and most of my circle of friends are the same. I have never met anyone who believes what this person claims to believe. Really, truly.

That doesn't mean that you didn't come into contact with some extreme fringe element type ( like a Westboro Baptist Church member, for example ). They do exist, but thankfully are a very tiny percentage of those who claim Christianity as their faith.

I want to second what Michael says here. Although I'm not a fundamentalist, I think you all know that I used to run in GOP circles at the national level and have NEVER run into anyone seriously advocating that line of thinking. Not even from the people I knew who worked for folks like James Dobson and Gary Bauer. The farthest they'd go was in supporting prayer in public schools and at public events. But that is a far, far cry from trying to install a theocracy.

I do, however, know people who would advocate that level of extremism as a mechanism to bait Libs/Progressives and drive them into a frothing fury. Since your discussion partner's comments are so far out of the norm, I have to wonder if maybe that's what she was doing. If not, IMHO she represents an opinion held by somewhere in the neighborhood of <1% of Conservatives.