• Mr King

• rmgill

• Ivanhoe

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

http://www.democrati...d.com/101491897

So much for artistic diversity.

Rich...

Somehow I..once..went and looked at discussion there... Was...interesting..

Like from "onager" (not that 99.9% there would know what onager is):

Uberblonde, thanks for posting that link. I was about to point out that Kink-aid ripped off his gallery owners, but you beat me to it.

Ripped them off in ways other than selling them his diabetes-inducing paintings, that is.

And as a Professional Atheist, I have to point out that Kink-aid was also a Fundie Xian. What a shock!

My workplace used to employ a woman who had the task of decorating offices. She bought Kink-aid's crap by the ton, and always reminded everyone in earshot of his religiosity, while gushing about his "God-given talent."

I thought most of his stuff was not only schlocky but creepy. e.g., all those little cabins in the dark woods with one light in a window. I always assumed orgies were taking place in there. Or maybe human sacrifice/dismemberment.

Now..his "art" reminds me why I am not into fancy sweets after steak or why beer & candy does not go along...

(NECN) - Academy Award-winning Actor Morgan Freeman is reportedly getting ready to walk down the aisle, again - with his step-granddaughter.There have been multiple reports over the years that the 74-year-old was having an affair with the 27-year-old.

http://www.necn.com/04/10/12/Morgan-Freeman-marrying-his-step-grandda/landing_arts.html?blockID=686262&feedID=4214

Whats with Hollywood actors and them fucking their step daughters?

They have disdain for much of America, considering us a bunch of rednecks.

BUT they enjoy the same things rednecks like: drugs, alcoholism, and illicit sex.

They have disdain for much of America, considering us a bunch of rednecks.

BUT they enjoy the same things rednecks like: drugs, alcoholism, and illicit sex.

Dude, the rednecks don't tolerate incest, most don't have much use for drugs either. Being routinely exposed to the "hill people" bustouts leads to contempt you probably can't fathom.

Hollyweird and liberals in general are pure narcissists, simple as that. S/F....Ken M

Dude, the rednecks don't tolerate incest, most don't have much use for drugs either.

You obviously haven't spent much time with rednecks. Those are the big three of the redneck world. Go visit Eastern Kentucky sometime.

Kenfucky? No thanks, been there. Guess IL farm town rednecks are different than your rednecks. It was drinking, racing dirt tracks or streets and more drinking. This was pre meth and pre welfare for everybody, so perhaps I've been passed up by history. S/F....Ken M

the rednecks

Gotta be a better name for white trash than that, possibly 'crackers'? The entomology of 'Rednecks' goes back to some ballsy men.

Mingo County authorities created a vigilance committee made up of the “better citizens of Mingo County,” men of business, men of property, to reinforce the state police and the newly constituted national Guard as well as a newly recruited volunteer army known as the State Militia, which lacked proper uniforms but wore white armbands to distinguish themselves from the union men with the red bandanas. Most miners had taken to wearing blue bib overalls and tying around their necks a red bandana which soon became the hallmark of the insurgent army, leading both friends and foes to refer to them as “rednecks.”

http://www.glendale.edu/chaparral/apr05/blair.htm

Dude, the rednecks don't tolerate incest, most don't have much use for drugs either.
You obviously haven't spent much time with rednecks. Those are the big three of the redneck world. Go visit Eastern Kentucky sometime.
Visit Kentucky? I lived there for 10 years and married into a Pike County family. Can't say much about incest, didn't see any going on, and contrary to popular mythology, the movie Deliverance was not filmed in KY, nor were the extras from KY (Ned Beatty is from KY, so maybe that's from where the confusion arises). However, meth is a problem in KY: west, central, southern, and eastern. However, my impression is that Oklahoma has a far worse problem than KY(lived in KY and moved directly to OK). North Texas has quite the meth problem as well.

the rednecks

Gotta be a better name for white trash than that, possibly 'crackers'? The entomology of 'Rednecks' goes back to some ballsy men.

Mingo County authorities created a vigilance committee made up of the “better citizens of Mingo County,” men of business, men of property, to reinforce the state police and the newly constituted national Guard as well as a newly recruited volunteer army known as the State Militia, which lacked proper uniforms but wore white armbands to distinguish themselves from the union men with the red bandanas. Most miners had taken to wearing blue bib overalls and tying around their necks a red bandana which soon became the hallmark of the insurgent army, leading both friends and foes to refer to them as “rednecks.”

http://www.glendale....apr05/blair.htm

The name Redneck seems to have replaced the name Hillbilly especially when referring to the Appalachia region, but many people still use the term.

As to Cracker I have heard it used in 2 different ways . One was a black kid who used it on me and when I asked another black kid what it meant he said it was short for Soda Cracker referring to the color of white skin.

When I was in Georgia a white Georgian referred to himself as a Georgia Cracker referencing a mule skinner using a whip as it's origin.

As to Redneck the first time I heard it used was by an Upper Middle Class white from Birmingham Al. as a reference to white tenet farmers from the South who had red necks from working in the fields( He was referring to our plt. sgt.).

1. The name Redneck seems to have replaced the name Hillbilly especially when referring to the Appalachia region, but many people still use the term.

2. As to Cracker I have heard it used in 2 different ways . One was a black kid who used it on me and when I asked another black kid what it meant he said it was short for Soda Cracker referring to the color of white skin. When I was in Georgia a white Georgian referred to himself as a Georgia Cracker referencing a mule skinner using a whip as it's origin.

1. Agreed. The word "Redneck" is WAY over-used and misused.

2. "Cracker" is an insult. It's the same as calling somebody a racist. It references the white man supervisors who stood over the black slave farmhands with a bullwhip and "cracked" that whip on a slave now and then. I've been called a Cracker once by some black guy I didn't know (a long time ago). Didn't bother me at all.

It's a big problem in rural Missouri.

Visit Kentucky? I lived there for 10 years and married into a Pike County family. Can't say much about incest, didn't see any going on, and contrary to popular mythology, the movie Deliverance was not filmed in KY, nor were the extras from KY (Ned Beatty is from KY, so maybe that's from where the confusion arises). However, meth is a problem in KY: west, central, southern, and eastern. However, my impression is that Oklahoma has a far worse problem than KY(lived in KY and moved directly to OK). North Texas has quite the meth problem as well.

There's always going to be a segment of any ethnic/societal/racial group that's prone to abusing drugs, alcohol, spouses, or what have you. A black platoon sergeant of mine used to refer to the blacks around him who did things like that as "n******s", and had nothing but disdain for them. Other blacks, who he felt were upholding the standard, he referred to as "Black Men", and you could hear the capitalization when he talked. Interesting guy. If he thought you were a decent human being, he didn't care what color you were. Behave like a "trashy n*****r", and he had nothing but contempt, disrespect, and a very hard attitude.

I do believe he was the only person I ever met who was hated equally by most blacks, whites, and anything else that worked for him. The majority of the inner-city blacks in our unit were scared spitless of him, and hated him with a passion I thought would have been reserved for a white supremacist. Which group, oddly, found common cause in hating him with the others. Kind of a weird dynamic to watch--Proto-KKK members allied with gangsta' wannabes, against a black guy who wouldn't take any crap from any of them. The rest of us used to like watching the whole thing--The troublemakers were a small minority, and it was like watching a lion-tamer or something working with them. The rants we'd hear were memorable, to say the least.

Segue aside, that guy had some profound wisdom: All sets of humans, no matter how you chose to group them, have members worthy of shame. Yet, at the same time, there are others who aren't. I know some I'd refer to as "rednecks" who are the salt of the earth, and some others who I fully expect to make the front page of the paper in a very bad way. Either way, I'm not judging the grouping of human beings I refer to as "rednecks" by either subset. Stereotypes are useful tools only insomuch as you remain aware that they are just that, and are limited by their very nature. I've known black guys I'd trust with my life, and others I'd likely shoot if they showed up at my door unannounced. Same with whites, Indians, asians, or whatever else you'd want to throw out there.

Viktor Frankl...

Did you ever study or even wanted to study psychology?

I've been told similar or that I should be some sort of counselor. I sometimes wonder if that should have been the field for me. But, there are other fields where I ponder the same.

Re: Oxy problem - ditto WV, esp the South Western part. Marshall U has made a clinic for detoxing babies.

Edited by MCab

My Guide to Gawker Sites

Gawker: What Wanna-be rich New Yorkers and those of their ilk think is newsworthy

Gizmodo: Used-to-be relevant Technology news. Now a soapbox for its editor's Apple fetish and bizarre rants. Commentators who disagree are banned on sight.

IO9: What happens when you give mediocre English graduates who loved Science Fiction their own website. Did you know that Mass Effect is the most important Science Fiction story of the 21st century mainly because you can have lesbian sex?

Jezebel: Angry feminists sit around and complain that men don't like them, casual sex isn't very fulfilling, and how Sarah Palin has set back Women's Rights 150 years for the crime of not agreeing with their worldview

Kotaku: Video game nerds who take video games a bit too seriously at times with a side of creepy fascination with Japan.

Deadspin: Funny and witty sports news when under the command of Will Leitch, but now it stalks every aspect of ESPN, is only interested in the sex lives of athletes, and commenting about sports is essentially banned. Good commenters are those who make sex-related one-liners on the article. Great commenters up the ante via liberal use of profanity and lewdness.

Lifehacker: How to be a cheapskate, via articles posted from other websites with minimal citation. Most good commenters make comments via WiFi stolen from their neighbours

Jalopnik: Angry car guys who hate Priuses, and by extension the rest of the Gawker websites. Interestingly enough, the only website with growing traffic.

...I've been told similar or that I should be some sort of counselor. I sometimes wonder if that should have been the field for me. But, there are other fields where I ponder the same.

Ha, knew it. Mother is psychologist and I dated few female psychology students too when I was too dumb to know better (Don't do it. Just don't do it.). All of them never stopped talking about Frankl so I read a few of his books - have to say that he is a good reading even for someone like me who's only interest in psychology are insanities to introduce to Call of Cthulhu RPG... :D