120 Dead In Paris

Stefan Fredriksson

Moto. The deacts are there to make him seem more dangerous and to deter police respond 'man with long gun = higher threat'. Don't write them off as nuts. They are the enemy, and are highly motivated and very effective. It is not a random occurrence. This is part of the decentralized strategy employed by Islamists. They hide in the shadow of their backers, KSA and the GCC and use the infrastructure provided to generate and disseminate their message. Tell me how there is Internet and cell coverage in DAESHland.

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reported by witnesses that he was killed by local police (pistols only, no body armour) who stood in front of the truck.

I'm sorry if my previous post was unsympathetic and politicized the tragedy. I'm just tired seeing these things happen over and over and over again and the usual script happens - people marching in unity, officials making pretty speeches and all that, on and on, and nothing substantial really happens.

Yes, it is sad that this happened again, to France. But there comes a point that one has to ask: when exactly are they going to do something really substantial to end this sort of nonsense.

Major terror attacks have pretty much become monthly, almost weekly occurrences.Nothing is going to happen. It is time to break out the French flag overlay for my avatar on Facebook, and start virtue signaling.

The only real solution is the immediate and large scale application of the proper hashtags.

Prayers for the victims and disdain for the politicians who have zero inclination to take this issue head on. It's easier to make bold statements but do nothing except manage the carnage week after week.

Tell me how there is Internet and cell coverage in DAESHland.

Because the service providers haven't switched out the local networks, presumably because neither the Iraqi nor Syrian government has told 'em to.

Switching off mobile phone coverage in an area can be done in seconds. My employer & the other networks did in central London on 07-07-2005, for example: the only calls which the networks accepted were to & from phones on an official list. Phones used by emergency services, basically. The procedures were in place - & still are - & I assume that such arrangements are normal across the world. The area could have been switched out completely, switched to emergency calls only - whatever.

Edited by swerve

Re: 'Nail Tapes' difficult to employ without advance warning vehicle is approaching, most effective on passenger car tires, not so much on heavier truck tires; as mentioned above - flat tires do not immobilize especially at low speed. More effective at high speed causing a loss of control.

Re: Barricades - change target to un-protected area, you can't put them everywhere.

Re: 'Nail Tapes' difficult to employ without advance warning vehicle is approaching, most effective on passenger car tires, not so much on heavier truck tires; as mentioned above - flat tires do not immobilize especially at low speed. More effective at high speed causing a loss of control.

Re: Barricades - change target to un-protected area, you can't put them everywhere.

But you can put barricades in place for specific events of large annual gatherings. 5 killed vs 80 is worth it.

But barricade is of course no good if the police permit anyone that asks through.

Name of the perpetrator stated as Mohamed Lahouaiej Bouhlel, a professional (truck?) driver; he last came to attention of authorities over a physical altercation following a quarrel in traffic.

Foreign victims reported so far are a Russian student, two Americans (father and son from Texas), and a teacher and two students from Berlin who had been on a pre-graduation trip with one of nine local school classes.

Edited by BansheeOne

Every festival I have seen in Chicago in which a street is blocked off....it can protect against a runaway car, but definitely not a truck, and especially not an 18 wheeler. Our larger events such as Lollapalooza (we have about 100,000 folks who come out to that event daily when it happens)...now that I think of it, there aren't proper barriers to stop trucks. Yikes. I seriously hope they change that this year around.

Every festival I have seen in Chicago in which a street is blocked off....it can protect against a runaway car, but definitely not a truck, and especially not an 18 wheeler. Our larger events such as Lollapalooza (we have about 100,000 folks who come out to that event daily when it happens)...now that I think of it, there aren't proper barriers to stop trucks. Yikes. I seriously hope they change that this year around.

It's no small wonder we haven't seen more VBIEDs here.

Edited by ZeeWulf

It's no small wonder we haven't seen more VBIEDs here.

Well, making a large scale truck bomb requires serious skill and obtaining a large amount of material that is now heavily regulated. After OKC and the first attack on WTC, the Feds really clamped down on the sale of ammoniam nitrate. There are also various versions of ammoniam nitrate that are specifically made in such a way where it can't be used for explosives.

Actually, bombs are no longer the most favored terrorist weapons. They are too "quick" and undramatic.

The Mumbai assault with small arms and grenades garnered a lot more media attention than a simple bombing. That surely pointed the way ahead for the Paris attack.

Similarly the Chechen hostage takings.

They are going for more human drama, which a simple bombing can no longer achieve in a world where people have become somewhat jaded to terrorist attacks. Of course still nothing matches up to the NY 911.

Nail tapes.

Easy to put in place and hide and with flat tires all around a vehicle won't get far.

I've seen a car running on a rim at speed on a highway. For several miles.

Well you generally do nto need to protect against 18-wheelers I guess, the guy here had basically a medium track (4-wheeler if I saw correctly), that is more than enough and far easier to buy/rent (cheaper, there is more of them etc...)

EDIT: And yes, Carte de Sejour is not a citizenship. So tunis-Tunisian (unless he has one of the parents French)

Edited by Marek Tucan

Actually, bombs are no longer the most favored terrorist weapons. They are too "quick" and undramatic.

The Mumbai assault with small arms and grenades garnered a lot more media attention than a simple bombing. That surely pointed the way ahead for the Paris attack.

Similarly the Chechen hostage takings.

They are going for more human drama, which a simple bombing can no longer achieve in a world where people have become somewhat jaded to terrorist attacks. Of course still nothing matches up to the NY 911.

Well, bombs also take a long time to make, and they can be just as dangerous to the terrorists as they can be to their intended victims. The chances of an individual or terrorist cell being captured while making a bomb is also relatively high as it can take months of preparation.

Guns and grenades on the other hand can be concealed more easily and it takes very little preparation time. On top of that, the security forces in Mumbai were an absolute cluster*ck when it came on to taking out the terrorists. It took them nearly three days in total to wipe out 15 guys armed with AKs and grenades!

What do you mean by "policy"? That the law is the books? or that the law is actively not respected by the influence of Media-Political complex? Maybe for small crimes are not.

Btw some French media stopped called the author French-Tunisien and now only say he is Tunisien. So a immigrant that was not expelled when he committed a crime.

Meanwhile big troubles are coming for the current power and justice . He was in an altercation with a French in January and in last March was to get on a 6 month jail time which would not have ended yet.

The Facebook page of the guy that recognized him that he had altercation with protested. Facebook page wiped clean.

En janvier dernier, l'auteur de l'attentat de Nice avait eu une altercation avec Jean-Baptiste Ximenes, un automobiliste. Alors que ce dernier lui avait demandé de déplacer son véhicule, Mohamed Lahouaiej-Bouhlel l'avait agressé. En mars dernier, il avait été condamné à six mois de prison avec sursis.

Sept mois après cette altercation, Jean-Baptise Ximenes s'est exprimé sur Facebook reconnaissant son agresseur : "Le terroriste qui a fait les attentas à Nice est celui qui m'a agressé a coup de batte de baseball... Il devait faire 6 mois de prison ... Où est la justice ? Le monde est petit alors arrêtez de les laisser se promener".

From Le Figaro.

http://www.lefigaro.fr/actualite-france/2016/07/15/01016-20160715LIVWWW00050-en-direct-nice-attentat-attaque.php

Edited by lucklucky