Because Biden

nitflegal

8 hours ago, rmgill said:

For the other Americans on this thread, how annoyed are you by Those not of Sam demanding that the US solve a problem of military import unilaterally?

Just raise your hand...

Hand raised here.

.For any one calling for more US adventurism I say "read the room".  There is no appetite for it in in the USA.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 hours ago, DKTanker said:

Who wrote this?

I wrote that. 

DK, Hamas ain't going anywhere, so if you tolerate their existence going forward like you've done so for 15 years now, then Iran will resolve Gaza for you.    I'm not saying the US "must" invade Gaza.  I'm saying that if you don't act, then Iran will be more than happy to do it for  you.  Here,

Iran, Hamas and Hezbollah coordinated Gaza fighting in joint war room -- report | The Times of Israel

Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps and Hezbollah coordinated with Hamas on the recent fighting in Gaza between Palestinian terrorists and Israel, according to the editor-in-chief of a Lebanese daily affiliated with Hezbollah.

He also said if Israel “expanded its aggression, the entire axis of resistance would have confronted it,” referring to Iran and its regional proxies.

The gist of the situation is that Israel is enmeshed in a regional confrontation in which it is not clear that it - a tiny country - has the resources on its own to prevail.  

Edited by glenn239

11 hours ago, 17thfabn said:

Hand raised here.

.For any one calling for more US adventurism I say "read the room".  There is no appetite for it in in the USA.

Do you think the Iranian Revolutionary Guards give a flying fuck whether the American public is tired of foreign interventions?  Trotsky said that you might not be interested in war, but war might be interested in you.  This might be one of those situations going forward.

15 hours ago, Rick said:

"I never said the Americans had to solve jack shit in Gaza.  I said that if you don't, then Iran will. "

Disagree. The various peoples of the Mid-East have been going at each other since the Old Testament and will continue to do so until the posters on the Grate Site are long gone. No matter which "outside" country decides to involve themselves in the mess, the mess makers will continue to make the mess. This will not be resolved until the second coming of Christ.

Israel will never fall no matter how weak she may appear for she has a friend in a high (very high) place that will not allow this to happen. It's all written down in the world's owner's manual ;)

I think Imperial Rome might have a view on that one Rick.

Iran increasingly takes responsibility for Gaza war - The Jerusalem Post (jpost.com)

Iran’s speaker of parliament has urged Muslim countries to adopt policies to put an end to Israel’s “apartheid policy and genocide of Palestinian people” according to Iran’s state media.  That outlandish claim, made by Iran’s regime that is in the midst of its own presidential election, is just the tip of an emerging narrative in Iran that positions itself front and center for the Palestinians.

“Much of the credit for the potency of the Palestinian resistance in Gaza today belongs to Iran, which for some years now has been training Palestinian fighters in weapons and tactics, and has aided them in amassing a vast arsenal of missiles,” says Iran’s state-owned news network Press TV. “A Hamas official has said the Palestinians won the latest war against Israel thanks to the support provided by Iran.”

Iran has already explained that Hamas didn’t need to win a victory over Israel in this war. All it had to do was survive. It set a low bar. Israel had more to lose by not winning.

1 hour ago, BansheeOne said:

Well if Iran is the problem, why not invade them directly? 😁 

I mean, if you really want to solve stuff, invade all the countries at the same time, that will teach them...

3 hours ago, BansheeOne said:

Well if Iran is the problem, why not invade them directly? 😁 

Since we are re-doing the 1970s economically, it seems inevitable that we will get embroiled in a land war in Asia.

Yes, that sounds bad, however there are upsides:

• might annoy the crap out of Erdogan;
  • opportunity to field-test new gear;
  • Iranian women are hawt;
  • American STEM industries will benefit from a second Iranian diaspora;
  • Iranian women are hawt.

2 hours ago, Ivanhoe said:

Since we are re-doing the 1970s economically, it seems inevitable that we will get embroiled in a land war in Asia.

If I  remember my 70's history we were getting out of an Asian land war, not getting into one.

You are correct there are a lot of hot Iranian women.

4 hours ago, RETAC21 said:

I mean, if you really want to solve stuff, invade all the countries at the same time, that will teach them...

Agreed, there are a bunch of countries that need regime change.

In no order and by no means not a complete list:

Russia

China

The Joyous People's Republic of Korea

Saudi Arabia

Syria

Iran

The Papacy

Pakistan

And add in the places that need a functioning government Such as Libya and Somalia.

We are going to need a much BIGGER Army, Navy, Airforce and USMC. We need more drones and more mercenaries. I usually don't give investing advice, but I would say General Dynamics, Boeing etc are a buy. Can we invest in Black Water and Halliburton? 

35 minutes ago, 17thfabn said:

Can we invest in Black Water and Halliburton? 

Blackwater is no more, it changed name to Xi. Halliburton was a money loser even during the height of the repair work after OIF. Parent corp tried to sell it at the height of the work, but the financials were so bad no one would buy it.

8 hours ago, glenn239 said:

Do you think the Iranian Revolutionary Guards give a flying fuck whether the American public is tired of foreign interventions?

It has nothing to do with what the IRG think. It has to do with the amount of flak we get from the Europeans who can't fund their own militaries to do basic regional defense and then folks demanding that the US go where ever they think we should go and fund all the defense spending we do for their own ends. 

I'm sorry, Canada barely has a pot to piss in in this regard. Certainly not for their given size/weight of country. You guys used to have the 2nd largest air force in the world. DEMANDING that the US go and intervene in Gaza, an area that is by rights Israel's back yard while having forces within your own government who are nominally in favor of Hamas as are much of the European governments, it all rings hollow. 

Review the commentariat of the US democrats and the Euro- & Canadian Liberals. How many were happy that Trump potted Suleimani? How many would go along with any sort of US intervention? 

That we're kind done with this sort of stuff at this point and we're they bad guys? Sorry WHAT? 

Call up the hair, have him send your forces to Gaza. 

36 minutes ago, Ivanhoe said:

Blackwater is no more, it changed name to Xi. Halliburton was a money loser even during the height of the repair work after OIF. Parent corp tried to sell it at the height of the work, but the financials were so bad no one would buy it.

I should look harder before I make investment advice! 

Don't mistake me, I'd like to see the US and other reliable allies go in and clean out Hamas and Hezbollah and rip them out by the roots. But I don't think that the western left would tolerate that. They'd loose their fucking minds in rioting and protesting. Never mind that they say not a WHIFF when Obama was bombing the crap out of Libya, but have a Republican do the same thing, they'll go nuts. 

I don't see the Biden Admin doing this alone because it's not in line with what the left of the DNC wants, See also the Squad. 

https://www.rawstory.com/noor-bin-laden/

Osama bin Laden's niece protested the Joe Biden-Vladimir Putin summit by waving a "Trump won" flag.

The infamous 9/11 mastermind's niece, Noor bin Laden, stood on board a boat on Lake Geneva, Switzerland, waving the banner with other Donald Trump supporters, reported The Recount.

She has been open in the past about backing the twice-impeached one-term president.

I don't particularly get the idea of protesting a summit. It would make sense if people were protesting Biden's expected concessions or something, but AFAIK we're not there yet. For all we know, Joe is going to be calling Putin "Leonid" and the whole thing being a bust anyways.

12 hours ago, Ivanhoe said:

Well Alexander managed it, how hard could it be? And he was Gay, and didnt even appreciate all the Hawt Iranian women.

8 hours ago, Ivanhoe said:

https://www.rawstory.com/noor-bin-laden/

I don't particularly get the idea of protesting a summit. It would make sense if people were protesting Biden's expected concessions or something, but AFAIK we're not there yet. For all we know, Joe is going to be calling Putin "Leonid" and the whole thing being a bust anyways.

Putin (aka Leonid) goes in looking nervious and twitchy as a crack user, as if we are going to threaten him with Barbarossa II, and comes out looking smug and making the usual denials about everything with the media. In short, if people were going to take Trumps face at his summit as a sign of Putin's victory, they can take Putins smugness at his press conference as an example of his victory too.

You were right, it was a bust. He shouldnt even have gone there, because it achieved absolutely nothing, pretty much as everyone told him it would.

Edited by Stuart Galbraith

10 hours ago, 17thfabn said:

Agreed, there are a bunch of countries that need regime change.

In no order and by no means not a complete list:

Russia

China

The Joyous People's Republic of Korea

Saudi Arabia

Syria

Iran

The Papacy

Pakistan

And add in the places that need a functioning government Such as Libya and Somalia.

We are going to need a much BIGGER Army, Navy, Airforce and USMC. We need more drones and more mercenaries. I usually don't give investing advice, but I would say General Dynamics, Boeing etc are a buy. Can we invest in Black Water and Halliburton? 

And there are a bunch of them that can be done easily. like Liechtenstein, Andorra or Luxembourg, start with the low hanging fruit and then move up :D

5 hours ago, rmgill said:

More gems from Mr Magoo..

Sigh, It isn't as if Putin has to try to make Biden look weak and small.  But that's what we're told the American electorate wanted, a feeble and weak leader to reflect their own self-image.