Because Biden

nitflegal

5 hours ago, Stuart Galbraith said:

Well Alexander managed it, how hard could it be? And he was Gay, and didnt even appreciate all the Hawt Iranian women.

He married two persian princesses..........but homo i'm sure.🤣

He did also conquer Afghanistan and turned it into a hellenistic state that lasted for several centuries with greek rulers.😋

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, RETAC21 said:

And there are a bunch of them that can be done easily. like Liechtenstein, Andorra or Luxembourg, start with the low hanging fruit and then move up :D

Don't forget Monaco, Malta, etc.

And it would be good for business to perform a regime change in Jersey and Guernsey. Send a message to France that we're no longer going to put up with their outrrrrageous accents.

There was that joke about the American-Andorran war that never was.

One day, the Andorran PM went to talk to the US Ambassador to Spain (he could have tried the one to France, but the French President was notably lacking in humor), and had the following conversation:

Andorran PM: Good morning, sir. I am the Andorran Prime Minister.

US Ambassador to Spain: Good morning, sir. Feel welcomed, please.

APM: Thank you. I must discharge the serious duty of notifying you the Republic of Andorra is going to declare war on the Republic of the United States of America.

USAS: HA HA HA HA... Wait, are you serious?

APM: Yes, my kind sir, I am.

USAS: But you could not expect to win! The United States Navy is the mightiest on Planet Earth. We will blockade you into famine and submission.

APM: Well, we do not have any coastline, nor any merchant fleet, so we are not vulnerable to the mighty US Navy.

USAS: No matter. The United States Air Force is going to destroy all your industry.

APM: Well, we do not have any industry either, so that threat is moot.

USAS: Still, there are one million and a half people under arms in the United States Army. See?

APM: Oh, I see.

USAS: Yes?

APM: Yes, that may be a problem. Fortunately, I should retract the war declaration of the Republic of Andorra. Sorry for bothering you.

USAS: Not a problem, I knew you were going to see defeat as assured.

APM: Our defeat? Hardly. Problem is other.

USAS: Oh, really?

APM: Yes, indeed. You will see, we are quite a small country...

USAS: (Weak too)

APM: Please, let me finish.

USAS: Please, proceed.

APM: You will see, as a small country we have some difficulties to find space to built enough POW camps for one and a half million people, so really, we could not wage war against you.

3 minutes ago, sunday said:

There was that joke about the American-Andorran war that never was.

One day, the Andorran PM went to talk to the US Ambassador to Spain (he could have tried the one to France, but the French President was notably lacking in humor), and had the following conversation:

Andorran PM: Good morning, sir. I am the Andorran Prime Minister.

US Ambassador to Spain: Good morning, sir. Feel welcomed, please.

APM: Thank you. I must discharge the serious duty of notifying you the Republic of Andorra is going to declare war on the Republic of the United States of America.

USAS: HA HA HA HA... Wait, are you serious?

APM: Yes, my kind sir, I am.

USAS: But you could not expect to win! The United States Navy is the mightiest on Planet Earth. We will blockade you into famine and submission.

APM: Well, we do not have any coastline, nor any merchant fleet, so we are not vulnerable to the mighty US Navy.

USAS: No matter. The United States Air Force is going to destroy all your industry.

APM: Well, we do not have any industry either, so that threat is moot.

USAS: Still, there are one million and a half people under arms in the United States Army. See?

APM: Oh, I see.

USAS: Yes?

APM: Yes, that may be a problem. Fortunately, I should retract the war declaration of the Republic of Andorra. Sorry for bothering you.

USAS: Not a problem, I knew you were going to see defeat as assured.

APM: Our defeat? Hardly. Problem is other.

USAS: Oh, really?

APM: Yes, indeed. You will see, we are quite a small country...

USAS: (Weak too)

APM: Please, let me finish.

USAS: Please, proceed.

APM: You will see, as a small country we have some difficulties to find space to built enough POW camps for one and a half million people, so really, we could not wage war against you.

From the wiki, so as usual, dubious:

"Andorra did not officially participate in World War I,[5] although there were three Andorran volunteers who fought: Valentí Naudi, Josep Estany and René Huguet.[6] North American newspapers in 1958 claimed that Andorra had declared war on Germany in 1914 but failed to sign a peace treaty until 1958,[7][8] and this claim has appeared in later sources,[9] but there appears to be no contemporary evidence of such declaration. In 2014, the news outlet Ràdio i Televisió d'Andorra investigated the 1958 claim and could find no documentation of any original declaration of war. Historian Pere Cavero could only find an exchange of letters between the German consul in Marseille and the Catalan Ombudsman, where the former asks if there is a state of war with Andorra and the latter responds they could find nothing in their archive to indicate this."

16 hours ago, Ivanhoe said:

https://www.rawstory.com/noor-bin-laden/

I don't particularly get the idea of protesting a summit. It would make sense if people were protesting Biden's expected concessions or something, but AFAIK we're not there yet. For all we know, Joe is going to be calling Putin "Leonid" and the whole thing being a bust anyways.

https://www.noorbinladin.com/

17 hours ago, rmgill said:

Don't mistake me, I'd like to see the US and other reliable allies go in and clean out Hamas and Hezbollah and rip them out by the roots. But I don't think that the western left would tolerate that. They'd loose their fucking minds in rioting and protesting. Never mind that they say not a WHIFF when Obama was bombing the crap out of Libya, but have a Republican do the same thing, they'll go nuts. 

I don't see the Biden Admin doing this alone because it's not in line with what the left of the DNC wants, See also the Squad. 

Those are all valid points.  But what the Iranians said was,

Iran has already explained that Hamas didn’t need to win a victory over Israel in this war. All it had to do was survive. It set a low bar. Israel had more to lose by not winning.

That's the way I was starting to think about it 3 or 4 years ago too.  All the Iranians need is for Hamas to survive in power in Gaza.   If the West goes in and runs the show, then the Iranian planning against Israel goes for a shit because a key pillar in their strategy is kicked over.

12 hours ago, Stuart Galbraith said:

I think the French would be delighted to discover that Americans believe Jersey and Guernsey are French. 😄

They're almost French. Casus Belli.

https://babylonbee.com/news/biden-gets-no-pudding-cup-today-as-punishment-for-taking-a-question

Paywalled:

A family affair: Children and other relatives of Biden aides get administration jobs.

Barely a week into office, President Biden made a promise that signaled a sharp break from his predecessor: No member of his family would be involved in government.

But that vow did not extend to his senior staff and their relatives. In the first few months of Biden’s presidency, at least five children of his top aides have secured coveted jobs in the new administration. They include two sons and a daughter of the White House counselor, the daughter of a deputy White House chief of staff and the daughter of the director of presidential personnel.

The pattern — which continued this week with the Treasury Department's announcement that it was hiring J.J. Ricchetti, son of Biden counselor Steve Ricchetti — has drawn concerns from ethics experts, diversity advocates and others. They say it is disappointing that Biden didn’t shift even further from the practices of Donald Trump’s presidency, which they felt reeked of nepotism and cronyism. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/biden-aides-relatives-jobs/2021/06/17/ab504a22-cea4-11eb-8cd2-4e95230cfac2_story.html

34 minutes ago, JWB said:

Paywalled:

A family affair: Children and other relatives of Biden aides get administration jobs.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/biden-aides-relatives-jobs/2021/06/17/ab504a22-cea4-11eb-8cd2-4e95230cfac2_story.html

Nepotism is only a problem when Republicans are dosing it.  Hunter Biden will make up to half a million dollars a painting from anonymous buyers, many foreign and potentially state actors but everyone yawns that the treasured son of the president will be funneled millions of dollars by anyone seeking influence with his dad.

On 6/17/2021 at 3:22 AM, RETAC21 said:

And there are a bunch of them that can be done easily. like Liechtenstein, Andorra or Luxembourg, start with the low hanging fruit and then move up :D

Great idea! Think of them as warm up wars!  

I like this quote "War is God's way of teaching us geography" .  https://quoteinvestigator.com/2014/05/19/geography/

We should concentrate on small countries with pleasant climates and hot women.  Portugal would be a little more difficult than mighty Luxembourg or Liechtenstein.  The USA will not invade Andorra, we can't find it :( . 

Portugal is ripe for a US invasion. It would give Americans the chance to learn that Portugal and Spain are two different countries!  And with almost  1,000 miles / 1,800 kilometers of coast line it would give the USN & USMC a chance to play with their amphibious toys!

This would make Portugal worth an invasion. 

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=portugal+hot+women&iax=images&iai=http%3A%2F%2Fi0.wp.com%2Fkingoftheflatscreen.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2017%2F05%2FALGB.jpg%3Fresize%3D670%2C837&ia=images

Because Biden? Because the Catholic Church?

June 19, 2021

12:57 AM CEST

Last Updated 10 hours ago

U.S. bishops vote to draft Communion statement that may rebuke Biden

Julia Harte, Gabriella Borter

June 17 (Reuters) - A divided conference of U.S. Roman Catholic bishops announced on Friday that they had voted to draft a statement on Holy Communion that may admonish Catholic politicians, including President Joe Biden, who support abortion rights.

The 168-55 decision to draft a teaching document on the Eucharist, a holy sacrament in the Roman Catholic faith, came after two hours of debate at the virtual assembly of the United States Catholic Bishops' Conference on Thursday, in which the bishops weighed the merits of reaffirming church teachings against the possibility of sowing partisan division.

The debate this week laid bare some of the cultural and political rifts that have rocked the church in the last several years. U.S. Catholic Church membership has dropped nearly 20% in the past two decades, according to a Gallup poll in March, as sexual abuse scandals involving predatory priests have come to light and members have become increasingly divided on social issues.

The bishops in favor of drafting the document insisted on Thursday that it would not call out any individual politician by name, but the topic of Biden's social views came up repeatedly in the discussion. Biden, the second Catholic to serve as U.S. president, has alarmed many bishops by supporting same-sex marriage and abortion rights, views they say are antithetical to church doctrine.

Some bishops want to block politicians with views like Biden's from receiving Communion. But any statement would serve as guidance, and individual bishops would be able to make an independent choice.

Asked on Friday if he was concerned by the bishops' decision and if he would be blocked from participating in Holy Communion, Biden said, "That's a private matter and I don't think that's going to happen."

Biden attends Catholic mass each weekend. The president has said he personally opposes abortion but supports a woman's right to choose. He did not keep a Hyde Amendment ban on federal funds for abortions in his first budget presented earlier this year.

Some bishops advocating for drafting the document argued they had an obligation to clarify the church's teachings for all Catholics in light of inconsistencies in the faith and actions of public officials like Biden.

"Almost daily I speak with people, Catholics...who are confused by the fact that we have a president who professes devout Catholicism and yet advances the most radical pro-abortion agenda in our history," said Bishop Donald Hying of Madison, Wisconsin, who supported drafting the document.

Opponents said they feared writing the document could sow further partisan division within the church, and that the bishops should take more time to discuss the issue before moving forward.

A Vatican official, Cardinal Luis Ladaria, wrote to the conference in May urging caution on the debate over politicians' abortion views and Communion, saying it could become a "source of discord," Catholic News Service reported.

Bishop Robert McElroy of San Diego argued against the drafting of the document, saying the move would run counter to the bishops' goal of uniting Catholics through the sacrament.

"The Eucharist...will inevitably become a tool in the vicious partisan turmoil that roils our nation," he said.

Exit polls from the 2020 presidential election showed the Catholic vote nearly split between Biden and Republican former President Donald Trump.

[...]

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us-bishops-vote-draft-communion-statement-that-may-rebuke-biden-abortion-views-2021-06-18/

6 hours ago, 17thfabn said:

Great idea! Think of them as warm up wars!  

I like this quote "War is God's way of teaching us geography" .  https://quoteinvestigator.com/2014/05/19/geography/

We should concentrate on small countries with pleasant climates and hot women.  Portugal would be a little more difficult than mighty Luxembourg or Liechtenstein.  The USA will not invade Andorra, we can't find it :( . 

Portugal is ripe for a US invasion. It would give Americans the chance to learn that Portugal and Spain are two different countries!  And with almost  1,000 miles / 1,800 kilometers of coast line it would give the USN & USMC a chance to play with their amphibious toys!

This would make Portugal worth an invasion. 

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=portugal+hot+women&iax=images&iai=http%3A%2F%2Fi0.wp.com%2Fkingoftheflatscreen.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2017%2F05%2FALGB.jpg%3Fresize%3D670%2C837&ia=images

Portugal is a great choice insofar as it's not done by Spaniards :D

That's a great quote, I am totally stealing it!

3 hours ago, BansheeOne said:

I read that as US Bishops draft Communism. Ive hung out at this site too long.

Edited by Stuart Galbraith

10 hours ago, 17thfabn said:

We need to learn from the Yurrow playbook and execute a war-by-proxy. Choose some Euro country where the public education system still works, use trade treaties to incentivize them into action, then hire a 3rd country with a history of perfidy to create an actionable incident.

Once pacified, start up direct flights from LaGuardia and begin the student exchange programs. If they have a predilection for STEM, also start up direct flights to Raleigh-Durham. If a knack for basketball, direct flights to LA 'cuz the Lakers be hirin'.

10 hours ago, 17thfabn said:

Don't forget about the Cape Verde islands!

There's no crying in baseball, and all is fair in love and war. You give a list to a belligerent and say, "Pretty please, don't attack these targets." You're sounding like the weakling you are, not the Corn Pop killer you lie to yourself about.