Because Biden

nitflegal

On 6/9/2021 at 12:16 PM, glenn239 said:

So on one hand Israel is in danger of being destroyed by a sea of Arabs that want to commit genocide, but on the other hand, Israel is apparently so safe and secure that the US need not commit even one set of boots on the ground in Palestine?  

In danger, well, only if someone gives those Arabs nukes. But their desired goal is the utter destruction of Israel. So, when it comes to characterizing the objectives of a given side and if they should be given money...I think that's clear. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/9/2021 at 4:16 PM, Mikel2 said:

How is the media covering Hunter's latest linguistic indiscretions? I'm sure that if one of Orange Man's kids had done the same, they would have covered exactly the same...

oleandrin-works-as-well-as-smothering-so

All good in the 'hood;

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1447972/Demarche-meaning-what-is-Demarche-Joe-Biden-Boris-Johnson-Northern-Ireland-evg

JOE BIDEN has ordered his officials to employ a rare ‘demarche' against Boris Johnson and the Government for "inflaming" tensions in Northern Ireland.

9 hours ago, rmgill said:

In danger, well, only if someone gives those Arabs nukes. But their desired goal is the utter destruction of Israel. So, when it comes to characterizing the objectives of a given side and if they should be given money...I think that's clear. 

The question is not whether Hamas should get money from US tax payers to buy Iranian rockets, the question is why the US has tolerated the existence of Hamas in Gaza for almost 15 years now.   If Hamas is habitually firing rockets at the cities of an ally of the United States, then to respond to this affront the USA needs to go in and put Hamas in the history books, and find and destroy everyocket there is in Gaza.   Guess what?  Hamas can't fire any more rockets at Israel because Hamas doesn't exist and there are no rockets in Gaza.

But the way Might Zuk reacted to that idea is almost that losing Hamas is a bad thing for Israel, because he seems to prefer Hamas running Gaza to the US Marine Corps  running Gaza.  Can you think of any reasons why that might be the case, reasons other than the usual Eurotropes about US Marines being too stupid to learn from previous hard lessons in Lebanon, or too cowardly to destroy Hamas in battle?

Edited by glenn239

Except it doesnt seem to be true. Biden does not even seem to have bought it up with Johnson. There is no need, Johnson has already said he isnt going to put a border in Ireland, so that pretty much is that.

As DB usually says, its the Express. From my perspective Its one step up from your National Enquirer. Yes, its sometimes right, but....

Also reported in the Grauniad, the Torygraph, the Times, the WaPo, but whatever.

11 hours ago, rmgill said:

Saudi Arabia has nukes.

1 hour ago, TrustMe said:

Saudi Arabia has nukes.

Doubtful.  The danger with the Saudis is that the Gulf populations did not seem to dig the IAF blowing the shit out of Gaza, and the argument that 10 or 12 Israelis died in return was not accepted because the kill ratio was about 25:1.  So the danger for Israel is no so much Saudi nukes, it's the Saudi people that the royal family will not want to get into too contradictory a stance on Israel.  The last thing MBS will want is being perceived at the street level to be an Israeli stooge by his own population.   The whole thing is a needless complication that would go away if the American were running Gaza.

SA funded the Pakistani nuclear weapons program in return they gave SA nukes. The Nukes are mounted on Chinese built ballistic D21 missiles.

Chinese technicians maintain them. The Chinese also maintained them when the SA bought the DF4 models in 1989. 

18 hours ago, TrustMe said:

Chinese technicians maintain them. The Chinese also maintained them when the SA bought the DF4 models in 1989. 

China is a signatory to the NPT, is it not?  It cannot be China that maintains Saudi nukes.

It'll be one of those rumours floating around the internet.  There are some sources that insist Iran has a few nukes too, bought after the collapse of the Soviet Union.

Anyways, that aspect is pie in the sky since the situation will evolve without the use of nuclear weapons.  The problem for Israel is that it is not on good terms with anyone including the United States these days.  Whatever hopes that Bibi had in signing deals with the Gulf Arab States in relation to using the GAS as stooges and cannon fodder against Iran appears to be unlikely.  The Saudis are starting to pivot towards Iran and look to be on the path to normalizing relations with Syria.

Not sure what all the genius 'war please' strategists around here think about that, but my take is that if Iran and the GAS normalize relations, that this is very bad for an Israel that wants to confront Iran because Iran now suddenly is not distracted by a huge potential Gulf air and sea front.  Furthermore, Gaza is a sucking chest wound because the Arabs ARE NOT going to tolerate endless IAF bombing campaigns of Gaza, and certainly less so if the Saudis re-establish relations with Syria and end the Yemen War.

IMO, if the Saudis and Iranians bury the hatchet, Israel needs to eliminate anything that thinks like Bibi from power in Israel and pivot towards a formal alliance with the United States in which US forces will be on the ground in Israel.  

6 hours ago, glenn239 said:

IMO, if the Saudis and Iranians bury the hatchet, Israel needs to eliminate anything that thinks like Bibi from power in Israel and pivot towards a formal alliance with the United States in which US forces will be on the ground in Israel.  

I do love the way other people obligate the US Military to perform their pie in the sky ideas.  The power elites in Europe are demanding the world "Build back better."  I'm not sure exactly what that's supposed to mean, pretty sure nobody else does either, but of this I am sure, "Build back better" will no doubt include "Emasculate America More."

On 6/11/2021 at 9:00 AM, glenn239 said:

The question is not whether Hamas should get money from US tax payers to buy Iranian rockets, the question is why the US has tolerated the existence of Hamas in Gaza for almost 15 years now.   If Hamas is habitually firing rockets at the cities of an ally of the United States, then to respond to this affront the USA needs to go in and put Hamas in the history books, and find and destroy everyocket there is in Gaza.   Guess what?  Hamas can't fire any more rockets at Israel because Hamas doesn't exist and there are no rockets in Gaza.

We've tried that before. Beirut Marine Barracks bombing was the result. 

Israel is reasonably able to handle it for the most part. Also, given how copacetic the DNC is with anti-semitic movements, I'm not sure that they'd tolerate such a brazen show of support for Israel and the resulting bloodshed. 

20 hours ago, Stuart Galbraith said:

TM, pardon me for my reticence, but do you actually have a source for that?

Check this out.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saudi_Arabia_and_weapons_of_mass_destruction#:~:text=and biological weapons-,Background,the International Atomic Energy Agency.

9 hours ago, rmgill said:

Israel is reasonably able to handle it for the most part. Also, given how copacetic the DNC is with anti-semitic movements, I'm not sure that they'd tolerate such a brazen show of support for Israel and the resulting bloodshed. 

The Dems have always had more than their fair share of "shoot 'em in the shoulder" national security types. Hamas and Hezbollah are not going to change their ways on this side of the grave, so half-measures are a status quo strategy.

On 6/11/2021 at 9:00 AM, glenn239 said:

But the way Might Zuk reacted to that idea is almost that losing Hamas is a bad thing for Israel, because he seems to prefer Hamas running Gaza to the US Marine Corps  running Gaza.  Can you think of any reasons why that might be the case, reasons other than the usual Eurotropes about US Marines being too stupid to learn from previous hard lessons in Lebanon, or too cowardly to destroy Hamas in battle?

There is ZERO % chance of the US getting directly involved in that mess. US boots on the ground in Gaza, no way does any US leader have an desire to do that.

9 hours ago, 17thfabn said:

There is ZERO % chance of the US getting directly involved in that mess. US boots on the ground in Gaza, no way does any US leader have an desire to do that.

If the US does not resolve it, then countries like Iran will.    

I don't think Israel can handle the situation.  I think they're over their heads.

22 hours ago, Ivanhoe said:

The Dems have always had more than their fair share of "shoot 'em in the shoulder" national security types. Hamas and Hezbollah are not going to change their ways on this side of the grave, so half-measures are a status quo strategy.

At some point the danger is that an Israeli-Gaza dust up could trigger a massive regional war.  And, since it will be entirely the prerogative of Iran to intervene or not each time a bombing campaign of Gaza develops, then the question is - do you think Iran will choose to intervene in the war in which it will lose it, or the one finally in which it will win?  

Sometimes I gain the impression that I'm living in some alternate reality, and that tanknet posts are glitches in my Matrix.

Sometimes I just wonder how many people here manage to put their socks on the right way up.