Falklands and the thirty year rule

Reminds me when one of the younger Kennedys went to Northern Ireland and told a British Soldier to 'go home'.

'I am home you stupid bastard' replied the soldier from the Ulster Defence Regiment. :rolleyes:

Fantastic!! That anecdote is new to me. I hope that fella got some sort of medal.

As for Penn, surely MI6 can bend a rule or two and arrange a liquidation?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reminds me when one of the younger Kennedys went to Northern Ireland and told a British Soldier to 'go home'.

'I am home you stupid bastard' replied the soldier from the Ulster Defence Regiment. :rolleyes:

Fantastic!! That anecdote is new to me. I hope that fella got some sort of medal.

Reminds what happened to my friend in late 80's....

He is great fan on Irish folk music and collected anything on vinyl he could get his hands on. He was in Ireland, rented a car and had this idea to go to see NI too. OK, at border, he was stopped by RUC/UDR roadblock. He did show his passport..but was bit curious why all cops and soldiers wanted to take a look into his car and were laughing their asses off.

Well...when he stopped to his destination Bed & Breakfast, he realized he had his vinyl collection on backseat. Topmost was something like Wolfe Tones "Rifles of IRA"....

The best thing to do with asshats (like Penn) is to give them plenty of room to manoeuvre. They *will* eventually step on their own dicks. The selective blindness that prevents some from seeing them in all their exposed glory affects primarily those who are hopelessly committed already - nothing can save them, not even the truth rubbed in with added chilli oil.

Reminds what happened to my friend in late 80's....

He is great fan on Irish folk music and collected anything on vinyl he could get his hands on. He was in Ireland, rented a car and had this idea to go to see NI too. OK, at border, he was stopped by RUC/UDR roadblock. He did show his passport..but was bit curious why all cops and soldiers wanted to take a look into his car and were laughing their asses off.

Well...when he stopped to his destination Bed & Breakfast, he realized he had his vinyl collection on backseat. Topmost was something like Wolfe Tones "Rifles of IRA"....

Your mate was lucky they weren't Paras. The blokes I know would have dismantled his car and everything in it down to their component nuts and bolts in the course of "searching" it and then told him to take it away ASAP because it was causing an obstruction... :)

BillB

The Argies are imploding. Kichner's Year of Decision is not going well, what with the tepid OAS esponse to Plan Malvinas and now the row with Spain over YPF.

Yup they just nationalized the oil industry. That always works well in Latin America just ask the Mexicans and Venezuelans.

The lack of a Calvinist streak is quite apparent in Argentinian economic and political history.

Watchout USA !

Yep, or used to. OTOH, Repsol is largely Spanish, there's a sizeable stake owned by Pemex (Mexico), US funds, and others.

It's open to question wether the Argies will pay or not, they have done this antics before.

Simple. Conquer the Malvinas and sell the real estate to the Chinese. Then claim it's Argie sovereign territory, conquer them again and sell them to Chavez, then ...

:)

There is a legend about the Parachute Regiment, that a certain NCO brought back a model of a monk from Spain. The model was very sophisticated, when you pressed down on the old fellas bald spot, a giant phallus flashed out from beneath his robes.

Supposedly it was always demonstrated to any cars searched carrying Priests and Nuns.....

Definitely sounds like Paras... :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 years later...