Top Posters In This Topic

• Roman Alymov

• Stuart Galbraith

• glenn239

• Josh

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, sunday said:

That should be from when Dugin was a commie nostalgic, as it is unlikely the Soviet state could survive without the CPSU, and the CPSU had perpetrated too many crimes to risk having it alive.

More complex than that: he was of strong anti-Communist views in his Soviet time, and has suffered from it (not so badly as in modern "cansel culture" as late USSR was relatively soft on opponents, but still lost his academic career etc.)

In the 1980s, Alexander Dugin held radically anti-Soviet and anti-communist views. According to Dugin himself, he drove his young son "to spit on the monuments to Ilyich," which he later regretted. During this period, Dugin was interested in the philosophy of Friedrich Nietzsche, the works of Mircea Eliade, the ideas of the European "new right", the theorists of the "conservative revolution" of the interwar period, the theorists of geopolitics (Karl Haushofer, Friedrich Ratzel, Karl Schmitt), as well as authors such as Rene Guenon, Julius Evola, Herman Wirth.

In his own words: "Dugin recalled how during the August coup he looked out of the window and saw the opponents of the GKChP, who rushed along the Arbat to the White House: "At the sight of this crowd, I realized: they will throw themselves off the cliff like pigs, as in the gospel parable. I realized that I was for the first time for the Soviet Union, at the very moment when he was dying, I fell in love with him"

3 minutes ago, Perun said:

Do you have higher resolution map

No, it is from "Map in higher resolution" link from here 

https://t.me/boris_rozhin/63243

CCTV video of pro-Ukr shell exploding in street market in Donetsk. Note how calm are locals - no panic, not even rush too much. 8 years of live under bombardment....

https://t.me/anna_news/39080

20 minutes ago, Roman Alymov said:

More complex than that: he was of strong anti-Communist views in his Soviet time, and has suffered from it (not so badly as in modern "cansel culture" as late USSR was relatively soft on opponents, but still lost his academic career etc.)

In the 1980s, Alexander Dugin held radically anti-Soviet and anti-communist views. According to Dugin himself, he drove his young son "to spit on the monuments to Ilyich," which he later regretted. During this period, Dugin was interested in the philosophy of Friedrich Nietzsche, the works of Mircea Eliade, the ideas of the European "new right", the theorists of the "conservative revolution" of the interwar period, the theorists of geopolitics (Karl Haushofer, Friedrich Ratzel, Karl Schmitt), as well as authors such as Rene Guenon, Julius Evola, Herman Wirth.

In his own words: "Dugin recalled how during the August coup he looked out of the window and saw the opponents of the GKChP, who rushed along the Arbat to the White House: "At the sight of this crowd, I realized: they will throw themselves off the cliff like pigs, as in the gospel parable. I realized that I was for the first time for the Soviet Union, at the very moment when he was dying, I fell in love with him"

Complex indeed.

It is not extraordinary that those that have suffered under an unpopular regime disregard all that things promoted by that regime, throwing out equally the good and the bad. Fortunately, that did not reach Russian ballet.

16 minutes ago, Roman Alymov said:

No, it is from "Map in higher resolution" link from here 

https://t.me/boris_rozhin/63243

CCTV video of pro-Ukr shell exploding in street market in Donetsk. Note how calm are locals - no panic, not even rush too much. 8 years of live under bombardment....

https://t.me/anna_news/39080

Thanks 🙂

9 minutes ago, sunday said:

Complex indeed.

It is not extraordinary that those that have suffered under an unpopular regime disregard all that things promoted by that regime, throwing out equally the good and the bad. Fortunately, that did not reach Russian ballet.

I think sometimes what comes after "unpopular regime" is suddenly making this previous regime popular, but it is too late....  Life imitating art. "To kill the dragon", 1988(!)

By the way his older son grew up into rock musician.

Edited by Roman Alymov

From Yuri Podolyaka ( 2.3mln subscribers, original in Rus here https://t.me/yurasumy/4834  )

What's going on: I must be honest — we were defeated in this battle.

Unfortunately, in addition to blogging, I have a lot of other things that I can only do personally. That is why I am writing this post now, and not two hours ago, when I learned the news that our troops had left Raisin.

And when I came back, I read a lot of monotonous questions — what's going on? I have already partially given the answer in the morning post (https://t.me/yurasumy/4831 ). The surrender of the Izum means that we were defeated in the battle in the eastern part of the Kharkiv region. This is now a fact, without any options and ambiguities. Moreover, the defeat is doubly offensive because, as the events of the last two days have shown, we had reserves, but someone (I do not know who, but I know that this "someone" exists) I placed them INCORRECTLY, which led us to the result that WE have now, and not the APU. But even here they could, as it was near Kherson, having suffered huge losses, "with a snout in the blood" returned to their original positions. But instead we withdraw, and the enemy triumphs.

What will be the consequences?

Yes, you can console yourself as much as you like that we saved the army, etc., but this is a very inept excuse, because we lost the bridgeheads, after which the offensive on Soledar and Bakhmut lost its strategic meaning, and we also threw (along with mountains of shells that will now fly on our heads) tens of thousands our people, hundreds of whom, and maybe thousands, will be subjected to repression (many will be killed). And those who managed to escape, beggars and ragged will come to Russia, which is not waiting for them (I know what I'm saying). I am constantly sorting out the stories of Ukrainian refugees, whom NO ONE IN RUSSIA CARES about (not to be confused with refugees from the LPR and the DPR, they have a much higher status, although it's strange, but it's a fact). And it is somehow not customary to talk about these abandoned people today.

Yes, we talk a lot, but about something else. We talk about the inhabitants of the republics who have been bearing the hardships of war for the ninth year) but few people in Russia know that after the departure of our troops from the Kiev, Chernihiv and Sumy regions, thousands of people who managed to believe us are kept in the dungeons of the SBU, and hundreds of them were killed (and this is commensurate with the losses of civilians DNR and LNR from 02/24-22). And right now there are "filtration" in Balakleya and I'm sure the murders of those who believed us, but did not have time to escape, in Kupyansk and Izyum have already begun. And these are also hundreds of OUR people whom WE HAVE ABANDONED.

And this terror, which suits the Kiev regime, is not accidental. As a result (residents of the Kherson and Zaporozhye regions are already writing to me), residents of the liberated territories of these regions are waiting in horror for what will happen next. After all, as a result of the defeat in the Kharkiv region, they were convinced that they were in danger, because the transition of territories under the power of Russia does not protect them from anything, both in particular and in general. Therefore, I am absolutely sure that we will have problems on the territory of the Zaporozhye and Kherson regions today.

But that's not all. The most important question is, what's next? The answer to which no one has yet. Because those who are in the subject know that the current defeat in the Kharkiv region is the result of the fact that until now many in the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation are trying not to notice the problems identified by the first months of the WAR. Yes, a lot has been done, but even more has not been done. New statutes have not been approved, the coordination of artillery and aviation leaves much to be desired. And so far, the only thing that saves us is that we have a lot of them, and the enemy has few. And this affects, among other things, the conduct of operations. etc. And without solving these problems, cardinally, and not in words, we should not wait for victory in the war. Although, I'm sure she will. Why? But because we already have no other way out. Either to win, or we, as a people, will never be. Such is the truth of life.

40 minutes ago, Roman Alymov said:

From Yuri Podolyaka ( 2.3mln subscribers, original in Rus here https://t.me/yurasumy/4834  )

What's going on: I must be honest — we were defeated in this battle.

Unfortunately, in addition to blogging, I have a lot of other things that I can only do personally. That is why I am writing this post now, and not two hours ago, when I learned the news that our troops had left Raisin.

And when I came back, I read a lot of monotonous questions — what's going on? I have already partially given the answer in the morning post (https://t.me/yurasumy/4831 ). The surrender of the Izum means that we were defeated in the battle in the eastern part of the Kharkiv region. This is now a fact, without any options and ambiguities. Moreover, the defeat is doubly offensive because, as the events of the last two days have shown, we had reserves, but someone (I do not know who, but I know that this "someone" exists) I placed them INCORRECTLY, which led us to the result that WE have now, and not the APU. But even here they could, as it was near Kherson, having suffered huge losses, "with a snout in the blood" returned to their original positions. But instead we withdraw, and the enemy triumphs.

What will be the consequences?

Yes, you can console yourself as much as you like that we saved the army, etc., but this is a very inept excuse, because we lost the bridgeheads, after which the offensive on Soledar and Bakhmut lost its strategic meaning, and we also threw (along with mountains of shells that will now fly on our heads) tens of thousands our people, hundreds of whom, and maybe thousands, will be subjected to repression (many will be killed). And those who managed to escape, beggars and ragged will come to Russia, which is not waiting for them (I know what I'm saying). I am constantly sorting out the stories of Ukrainian refugees, whom NO ONE IN RUSSIA CARES about (not to be confused with refugees from the LPR and the DPR, they have a much higher status, although it's strange, but it's a fact). And it is somehow not customary to talk about these abandoned people today.

Yes, we talk a lot, but about something else. We talk about the inhabitants of the republics who have been bearing the hardships of war for the ninth year) but few people in Russia know that after the departure of our troops from the Kiev, Chernihiv and Sumy regions, thousands of people who managed to believe us are kept in the dungeons of the SBU, and hundreds of them were killed (and this is commensurate with the losses of civilians DNR and LNR from 02/24-22). And right now there are "filtration" in Balakleya and I'm sure the murders of those who believed us, but did not have time to escape, in Kupyansk and Izyum have already begun. And these are also hundreds of OUR people whom WE HAVE ABANDONED.

And this terror, which suits the Kiev regime, is not accidental. As a result (residents of the Kherson and Zaporozhye regions are already writing to me), residents of the liberated territories of these regions are waiting in horror for what will happen next. After all, as a result of the defeat in the Kharkiv region, they were convinced that they were in danger, because the transition of territories under the power of Russia does not protect them from anything, both in particular and in general. Therefore, I am absolutely sure that we will have problems on the territory of the Zaporozhye and Kherson regions today.

But that's not all. The most important question is, what's next? The answer to which no one has yet. Because those who are in the subject know that the current defeat in the Kharkiv region is the result of the fact that until now many in the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation are trying not to notice the problems identified by the first months of the WAR. Yes, a lot has been done, but even more has not been done. New statutes have not been approved, the coordination of artillery and aviation leaves much to be desired. And so far, the only thing that saves us is that we have a lot of them, and the enemy has few. And this affects, among other things, the conduct of operations. etc. And without solving these problems, cardinally, and not in words, we should not wait for victory in the war. Although, I'm sure she will. Why? But because we already have no other way out. Either to win, or we, as a people, will never be. Such is the truth of life.

Putin. According to some sources, he was running the battle himself. I guess in that regard at least, he really has achieved his aim of becoming Stalin.

Well you have more than enough kit to build another army if its a consolation. Id start with shooting Shoigu personally.

1 minute ago, seahawk said:

Russia must hope that the Ukrainians will go for revenge killings in the Eastern parts and brutalize supporters of Russia, because if they do not, the pro-Russian militias could dissolve quickly.

The Ukrainians aren’t necessarily displaying such savagery yet. Also, there’s a chance many of those who were supporters of Russia are probably going to have a change of heart at this point.

1 hour ago, Roman Alymov said:

Kind of a tacit admission of what the Russian army has been up to for the last 6 months when you stop and think about it.

25 minutes ago, Huba said:

And reportedly RU army run from Svatove. There are also the weirdest claims about Kherson, Donetsk airport and even Mariupol at the moment...

Reportedly some activists raised Ukrainian flags on various flagpoles around Mariupol.

5 hours ago, Stuart Galbraith said:

...Just destroying the fire control radar is enough....

So are we back to claims of 80+ hit % for HARM or do you have some proof to the claims?

1 minute ago, Yama said:

Reportedly some activists raised Ukrainian flags on various flagpoles around Mariupol.

Yeah, that's what I heard. What was happening yesterday seemed like rout of RU forces east of Kharkiv. Today it more and more looks like total collapse, at least in the north-eastern part of the front.

4 hours ago, sunday said:

...I wonder what Solzhenitsyn and Dugin thought of each other. Seems Solzhenitsyn was not very much against Putin.

I have always found funny there is a horde of people in the west that talk about Solzhenitsyn a lot... Yet never quote what he said about "west" after having experience of it first hand.

Russians losing Izyum is more or less a significant strategic defeat, there’s really no other way to put it. Izhyum fell on the first month or two of the conflict, and was a significant juncture for supplies and reinforcements from Belgorod. It was one of the first major river crossings the Russians did in the East, something they probably will be unable to do again.

Well, looks like the Russians have only themselves to blame for this. I honestly can’t see how Russia will be able to continue offensive operations in the East without Izyum. They’ll literally have to be pure defensive going forward 

Assuming they don’t keep running away and leaving behind all their equipment of course 😂

Edited by crazyinsane105