Because The British Royal Family

DougRichards

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow, I can't believe that the Fake News scumbags are making it a racial issue that "poor Meghan" was a victim of the evil British Royal racists. Also they announced that they will live in LA once Trump is out of office, woke much? I have to agree that they need to be De-Titled or whatever the process is to make a Royal wanker a commoner.

Wow, I can't believe that the Fake News scumbags are making it a racial issue that "poor Meghan" was a victim of the evil British Royal racists. Also they announced that they will live in LA once Trump is out of office, woke much? I have to agree that they need to be De-Titled or whatever the process is to make a Royal wanker a commoner.

There IS a hint of it in the British press in fairness, though I suspect there would also be a large amount of negativity where she a white American divorcee as well. They press has to find something to be negative about, there is nothing that sells like bad news. Be careful at taking anything you read in the British press about where they live at face value. They say Canada, ive personally seen nothing else that suggest they are going anywhere else for the time being at least. The British tabloids lie to a degree I dont think you Americans fully appreciate. Take CNN and turn it up to 11, and you still arent close.

I also dont want to see them de titled. Harry, whatever one thinks of his recent actions, fought in Afghanistan twice, bravely, and showed a commendable gusto in killing Taliban. He is owed something for that. But he still wants the riot act throwing at him. You dont go pissing off the firm you work for in this artless fashion, let alone when they happen to all be close relatives. That is something great uncle Edward would have done.....

Edited by Stuart Galbraith

Stuart, I just find it reprehensible that they treated HM that way, especially after all the good things HM has done for them. Good point, I tend to look at the British Press much like the US press where they at least once in a while tell the truth, not often, but occasionally.

Yes, I completely agree. Its not just bad treating the Queen like that, she is his Grandmother after all. Ive a Grandmother 2 years older than the Queen, and I hope I treat her with more respect and understanding than that.

The Press is a mixed bag. I would reject instantly anything owned by Murdoch, other than perhaps the Times which he has not completely destroyed despite best efforts. The Guardian is ok, but left leaning, and always has seen things through that perspective. But you can rule out the Sun, the Mirror, the Mail and most of the others, because after all, tits and bums and royals sell papers.

People talk about the Bias of the BBC, but I find watching it back to back with Sky News they tend to balance each other out.

Reportedly poor Meghan signed a Disney contract before the Markles made their grand announcement. I suppose the plan is to leverage her new found royalty into being a Hollyweird A lister.

Yes, I completely agree. Its not just bad treating the Queen like that, she is his Grandmother after all. Ive a Grandmother 2 years older than the Queen, and I hope I treat her with more respect and understanding than that.

The Press is a mixed bag. I would reject instantly anything owned by Murdoch, other than perhaps the Times which he has not completely destroyed despite best efforts. The Guardian is ok, but left leaning, and always has seen things through that perspective. But you can rule out the Sun, the Mirror, the Mail and most of the others, because after all, tits and bums and royals sell papers.

People talk about the Bias of the BBC, but I find watching it back to back with Sky News they tend to balance each other out.

In the US, my mom watches Beeb US along with German DW, France 24 and Russia Today; they all have their biases (Beeb sensitivity to third world; France disdain for the Anglos and the third world; Germany worry about 'Jewish things'; RT: verbal anti Jewish and anti Israel commentary as well as little concern for third world issues unless it's in their issues) and they all balance out.

France 24 along with Euronews are pretty good, Francocentric as you would expect, but its an interesting perspective. As a Brit I noticed they get a lot of news we simply dont notice here.

Cant get DW, cant watch RT without getting a videodrome induced headache.

You have to take a wide tranche, I agree.

There IS a hint of it in the British press in fairness, though I suspect there would also be a large amount of negativity where she a white American divorcee as well. They press has to find something to be negative about, there is nothing that sells like bad news. Be careful at taking anything you read in the British press about where they live at face value. They say Canada, ive personally seen nothing else that suggest they are going anywhere else for the time being at least. The British tabloids lie to a degree I dont think you Americans fully appreciate. Take CNN and turn it up to 11, and you still arent close.

I also dont want to see them de titled. Harry, whatever one thinks of his recent actions, fought in Afghanistan twice, bravely, and showed a commendable gusto in killing Taliban. He is owed something for that. But he still wants the riot act throwing at him. You dont go pissing off the firm you work for in this artless fashion, let alone when they happen to all be close relatives. That is something great uncle Edward would have done.....

I remember an interview with Harry when he was deployed. He seemd to be quite happy to be away from all the royal PR work and just being Captain Wales flying Apaches. So I don't think he was "pussy whipped". But announcing it behind his grandma's back is bad style certainly. They should have talked about his withdrawal from the royal PR machine beforehand with her and the rest of the family of course.

The power vested in the position of the Supreme Governor of the Church of England to declare the marriage null and void is available, should Her Majesty wish to reconsider.

Doing so would have the benefit of casting certain immediate family members of Duchess of Sussex back into the oblivion from whence they came (or crawled out of).

Edited by Nobu

That's like your go to answer isn't it on press that tells you things that you hate (rightly or wrongly).

So, I wonder when Disney is going to pitch their New TV program, 'Keeping up with the Sussexes'. I predict all manner of interesting political and pop-culture stuff on it along with a very expensive house with all the latest in VERY expensive green technologies to show off how carbon neutral they are.

Edited by rmgill

That's like your go to answer isn't it on press that tells you things that you hate (rightly or wrongly).

Maybe I just have a lower threshold for lies and bullshit than you do Ryan. Edited by Stuart Galbraith

The power vested in the position of the Supreme Governor of the Church of England to declare the marriage null and void is available, should Her Majesty wish to reconsider.

Doing so would have the benefit of casting certain immediate family members of Duchess of Sussex back into the oblivion from whence they came (or crawled out of).

Easier to send them to the Tower.

Maybe I just have a lower threshold for lies and bullshit than you do Ryan.

I dunno, that sounds like a videodrome sort of response. :)

Well, the English Crown did organize a schism, and made the people change religion, for that reason.

Maybe I just have a lower threshold for lies and bullshit than you do Ryan.

I dunno, that sounds like a videodrome sort of response. :)

Touche'. ^_^