Weird And Wonderful Afv's

Mr King

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fill it with Helium for armoured air assault! (those are british soldiers thus it gertrs an U)

A few years ago I watched a documentaqry about such diversion units and how they planted fake armor divisons in an area and transmitted faked radio calls and everything in WW2. If onyl i could remember the title.

• 2 weeks later...

M41s??? That's a stretch; but if they are the only tanks available...

Take out a tank, things get real serious.

Where was the movie made?

Czechoslovakia. The director was Lithuanian,as was the actor playing Allende.

All things considered,they did a pretty good job reproducing some of the footage of the M41s and troops,if you consider things like Patton and Battle of the Bulge. I don't believe any M41s were lost but it gave Communists something to cheer I suppose. The Thompson and MG42s are accurate for what Chilean troops have,the SVT stand-ins for SIG 510s are funny.

b1cSlSy.jpg

BMP-1 turret Toyota Land Cruiser. The turret and crew compartment are modular, meaning they can be installed on different types of vehicles.
At least three of such heavily armed technicals are known to have been completed by 'The Workshop', which have mainly seen use in and around Deir ez-Zor.

https://imgur.com/b1cSlSy

Edited by Mr King

Some windshield...

the 73 mm gun thingie is rather low pressure so I guess the windshield will survive on this next level technical.

What is the GRAU index number of the turret btw? And has this turret been mounted on for example a BRDM hull? MT-LB(u)?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...