tanknet.org

Weird And Wonderful Afv's

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks like a collection of the weird & wonderful. That in the back with the tilted forward cab looks like a HMMWV adn a GAZ-66 had a drunken night. that LVT-ish vehicle with the track made of balloon tires to the left. then what kind of a MAN Kat1 is that? I have never seen one like that before. the exhaust is weird pointing down so deep. Also details of the cab are different from regulöar models. certainly is different from the ones the USAF used for their ladn based BGM-109G.

The HMMWV/GAZ-66 is a COHHV HMMWVtruck prototype.

4922_original.jpg

The LVT-ish vehicle is an XM759:

The MAN is a GMC candidate for the palletized loading system contract, which Oshkosh eventually won. It's essentially a MAN underneath as I understand it.

Also visible in the background of that picture is a MEXA-Clark articulated 8x8 truck and a screw-propulsion riverine utility craft.

Thank you. Interesting collection for sure.

The MAN is a GMC candidate for the palletized loading system contract, which Oshkosh eventually won. It's essentially a MAN underneath as I understand it.

​

I guess it is a type that was not bought by the Bundeswehr. MAN constantly improved on the desing for export and civilian sales.

Interesting project for a HMMWV truck. Makes it look like a UNIMOG or GAZ-66. I guess in the end they just went with the HMMWV with the higher load capacity?

Edited by Panzermann
  • 1 month later...