World Of Warships

Max H

So far BB drivers in this game seem on par with clickers in WoT. Never fails, regardless of map or game mode, they all go to the edge of the map where they can't influence anything and duke it out while the boats with speed really decide the fight.

Along those lines, since capping is so prominent in this game, there really should be XP boosts to folks who try to play the game and not go hug the red line in a BB. A cruiser who valiantly tries to interrupt cap, and does get some hits in to delay it, should get far more XP than a BB that goes to the edge of the map and racks up dmg on another BB doing the same. The latter does nothing to help the team win. The former does and is actually playing the game as it's intended.

Edited by Skywalkre

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hearing "Enemy Aircraft Carrier Sunk" in a small DD after spending like 5 min going around half the map to get to him...

Would've been better if his torp planes didn't sink me at the same time but oh well. I didn't care.

Edited by Fritz

Hearing "Enemy Aircraft Carrier Sunk" in a small DD after spending like 5 min going around half the map to get to him...

Would've been better if his torp planes didn't sink me at the same time but oh well. I didn't care.

Imagine sinking solo a CV from a BB at game start. B)

Edited by sunday

I've applied twice to get into this and still have not heard back you lucky dogs. :(

Maybe if you checked your PM box on this here forum... Twice :P ;)

So far BB drivers in this game seem on par with clickers in WoT. Never fails, regardless of map or game mode, they all go to the edge of the map where they can't influence anything and duke it out while the boats with speed really decide the fight.

Along those lines, since capping is so prominent in this game, there really should be XP boosts to folks who try to play the game and not go hug the red line in a BB. A cruiser who valiantly tries to interrupt cap, and does get some hits in to delay it, should get far more XP than a BB that goes to the edge of the map and racks up dmg on another BB doing the same. The latter does nothing to help the team win. The former does and is actually playing the game as it's intended.

Don't even get me started on a battle that ended in a draw because our pair of Fusos decided that capping is too mainstream and went to try to chase enemy Kongo - in a tail chase I might add ;)

For now I have learned that if hevy units lemmingtrain to one flank, I should not do even a scouting run on the other - rather stick to the middle and try to A. deal some damage, B. protect carrier or C. find an opening towards enemy carrier. If it works, I en up often somewhere close to the top, XP wise. If it fails, it fails hard.

Will there be an Alaska class heavy cruiser? I find that more impressive than the Des Moines.

In the future, I am sure the Large Cruisers (Alaska was the only one that got built, but at least Germans and Japanese also had projects) will show up in the future.

That's just luck. Mine was hard work and patience (5 minutes of patience to sail across literally half the map and 5 seconds of frantic hard work lining up my torpedo spread before the fish from his birds hit me :D )

That's just luck. Mine was hard work and patience (5 minutes of patience to sail across literally half the map and 5 seconds of frantic hard work lining up my torpedo spread before the fish from his birds hit me :D )

Well, luck six times in a row... :D

Btw replays MUST be put in asap. This game has way more of an epic and cinematic feel than WoT. Replays are a must.

Though I understand that with the rapid version release in beta, old replays might be broken very often.

The skill trees for the Captains are extremely underwhelming right now. Lots of XP needed to move up and for many of the tiers there really isn't any choice as the options are ship-specific. I like the idea of a 'talent tree' for Captains but if they're going to do it they should copy MMOs and give us something like WoW had back in the day, RIFT still does, etc.

The skill trees for the Captains are extremely underwhelming right now. Lots of XP needed to move up and for many of the tiers there really isn't any choice as the options are ship-specific. I like the idea of a 'talent tree' for Captains but if they're going to do it they should copy MMOs and give us something like WoW had back in the day, RIFT still does, etc.

Skill selection should be planned, because the number of skill points a captain could have is limited.

Skill selection should be planned, because the number of skill points a captain could have is limited.

Is it?

Even so, having more options in a bigger tree doesn't really change anything. You just give more points and faster. As it is now you might as well pick a 'course' for each captain (DD, CA, BB, CV) and they can just automatically get the right skills as they hit a threshold (which is almost what happens now as there's very little choice).

The skill tree right now just gives the appearance of choice rather than any meaningful choice.

Torn about HE vs AP against BBs now.

In my last game I'm capping and half health in my Cleveland and a full health Kongo is approaching me from range. I know I'll be able to dodge shots for a bit but there's no way, even with fairly consistent AP hits, that I can kill him first. I swap to HE in the 'hope' that maybe I'll cause lots of fires, knock out some guns, etc. I've been aiming where I was aiming with AP (basically high middle) and then noticed I was getting the crits and occasional fire, but consistently doing 1.5-2k dmg. My AP barrages could hit for 3k but it'd usually be 3k, 500, 500, 2.5k, 500, etc.

This is something that will definitely need some testing down the road.

Looking at the TX US and IJN DDs, I'm thinking the US is better all-around. Maybe I should focus on the US DD line. Though their torpedoes are horrible for quite a few tiers...

Its a good game but they should make one drastic change. Remove capture bases completely, the concept is beyond the understating level of the majority of their player base. Matches should only be kill enemy team. Its even worse than in WOT.

Torn about HE vs AP against BBs now.

In my last game I'm capping and half health in my Cleveland and a full health Kongo is approaching me from range. I know I'll be able to dodge shots for a bit but there's no way, even with fairly consistent AP hits, that I can kill him first. I swap to HE in the 'hope' that maybe I'll cause lots of fires, knock out some guns, etc. I've been aiming where I was aiming with AP (basically high middle) and then noticed I was getting the crits and occasional fire, but consistently doing 1.5-2k dmg. My AP barrages could hit for 3k but it'd usually be 3k, 500, 500, 2.5k, 500, etc.

This is something that will definitely need some testing down the road.

Depends on range, but don't forget how Hiei met its end.

Its a good game but they should make one drastic change. Remove capture bases completely, the concept is beyond the understating level of the majority of their player base. Matches should only be kill enemy team. Its even worse than in WOT.

I would like to see a dynamic objective, like a convoy to protect, an outright fleet action, stuff like that. In fact, I would like them to copy WT and introduce a realistic mode where torpedoes are not reloaded and battles happen in the open sea between nationalities, but one can but whish...