Because The United Kingdom?

Mr King

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I reckon liquor's the one thing that carries the poor old lady through these brexit&terror days :(

queen mom was known to consume a bottle of gin a day.

And died a century old. These girls know what they are doing.

This looks bad. We better keep an eye on BillB, DB, Stuart et al;

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-lancashire-40800462

Caterpillars are being killed by a bug which turns them into "exploding zombies", a wildlife expert has said.

Lancashire, Manchester and North Merseyside Wildlife Trust said the skins of insects have been found on Winmarleigh Moss, near Garstang.

The baculovirus drives caterpillars on a "death march" to the top of plants, then when it dies the bug bursts out to seek other victims.

The trust's Dr Chris Miller said it was "gruesome - like a zombie horror film".

Species jumping is inevitable, n'est-ce pas?

Personally speaking, this happened to me long ago. All that's left is a vestigial nerve ending typing out endless streams of pithy remarks. Just think what I could do if my head hadn't exploded. :)

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/biggest-shark-ever-caught-in-uk-waters-is-hooked-off-cornwall/story-30466429-detail/story.html

A blue shark thought to be Britain's biggest on record has been caught off Cornwall.

Amateur angler John Dine hooked the 9ft monster during a fishing trip from Penzance.

His three friends lent a hand as he spent an hour reeling the shark into the 30ft Bite Adventures catamaran owned by Penzance skipper Robin "Chippy" Chapman.

The group heaved it on board where they measured its length and girth. From that, they calculated its weight at 256lb, well above the 58-year record holder of 214lbs.

They then lifted it up for the obligatory photo before returning it back into the sea safe and well. The group, from Essex, intend to claim the "catch and release" record from the Shark Angling Club of Great Britain.

Mr Dine used mackerel bait on a size 10/0 hook to tempt the shark and a 400lb, 49-strand Fin-Nor rod and reel.

Skipper Robin Chapman told the Daily Mirror: "I had a party down for a few days fishing for sharks, as they do every year. They had it in their minds this time that they wanted a big one.

"We didn't have to wait long. As soon as they hooked the shark up we knew it was big, it went off like a steam train.

"After 40 minutes of hard battling, we saw the fish from the bow as it circled the boat once before going off on another surging run.

:huh:

I came across this earlier while surfing teh interwebz. Irony thy name is the BNP.

Hint: Have a careful look on the nose, just underneath the front exhaust pipe.

bwahahaha polish foreign workers stealing the jobs of good english soldiers! :lol:

should also be in the because poland thread. ^_^

Well it IS the BNP. Expecting any fucking sense out of them is like expecting money out of a Merchant Banker.

Well apart from the time they exposed the widescale grooming of underage kuffar girls by Moslem males in Yorkistan to similar cries. Only to be proved absolutely right. But apart from that, fair one.

BillB

Well it IS the BNP. Expecting any fucking sense out of them is like expecting money out of a Merchant Banker.

Well apart from the time they exposed the widescale grooming of underage kuffar girls by Moslem males in Yorkistan to similar cries. Only to be proved absolutely right. But apart from that, fair one.

BillB

I know Bill, but I dislike giving Nazi's credit for anything, even when they are right.

TB-3 Roman?

http://news.sky.com/story/cctv-shows-jogger-pushing-woman-into-path-of-london-bus-10978903

CCTV footage has captured the moment a jogger appears to push a woman into the path of an oncoming bus in London.

The 33-year-old victim was walking across Putney Bridge when the runner knocked her into the road.

A double-decker bus narrowly avoided hitting her - and seconds later, passengers disembarked and rushed to her aid.

The jogger made his way back across the bridge about 15 minutes later, and although the victim tried to speak to him about what happened, he did not acknowledge her and carried on running.

According to the Met Police, the woman suffered minor injuries in the incident, which happened at about 7.40am on 5 May.

Yeah, think you are right Urbanoid. Shame none of these seem to be preserved, they look impressive.

I was rather surprised looking up an online article the other day to see that the Soviets even used Avro Lancasters. They had 2 cobbled together from bits left behind from a British effort to use Soviet bases to Sink the Tirpitz. Think they might have been Ex 617 Squadron aircraft left behind after being damaged on Soviet runways. Surprisingly they didnt use them as bombers, they used them as LR MPA.

LOL Doug. :)

Edited by Stuart Galbraith

http://news.sky.com/story/cctv-shows-jogger-pushing-woman-into-path-of-london-bus-10978903

CCTV footage has captured the moment a jogger appears to push a woman into the path of an oncoming bus in London.

...since this is the "because the UK" thread ... is there anything typically British in this?

Seems to happen more often (in general) than one might believe. In Germany the last 18 months had two similar cases that were captured on CCTV - one kicking a woman in the back on a flight of stairs, the other almost the same, but with a sucker punch to the head. Makes me wonder how often this kind of shit happens without anyone noticing it. Also, I think that the perpetrators are acting on impulse (whatever weird and destructive impulse that may be - maybe similar to what attracts some people to dog fights).

...since this is the "because the UK" thread ... is there anything typically British in this?

Seems to happen more often (in general) than one might believe. In Germany the last 18 months had two similar cases that were captured on CCTV - one kicking a woman in the back on a flight of stairs, the other almost the same, but with a sucker punch to the head. Makes me wonder how often this kind of shit happens without anyone noticing it. Also, I think that the perpetrators are acting on impulse (whatever weird and destructive impulse that may be - maybe similar to what attracts some people to dog fights).

Well it happened in London involving Londonians. I know its often regarded as a separate country these days, but I couldn't think of a better thread off the top of my head. :)

How a about a 'pointless crime that makes you slap your forehead in despair' thread. Id be up for that one. And there seems to be more than enough filler for it as the gene pool atrophies as you rightly point out.

Its surprising the Soviets didnt go in for Strategic bombing. I know they were hard up for tactical fighters and bombers, but its still surprising they didnt put more effort into bombing Berlin even for political purposes. I mean 93 strategic bombers sounds good, but we and the Americans could go through that in a week and not feel the loss.