Gifted Russian Politicians, emerging from Burning Kiev

ClaymoreCA

Selectively chosen, obviously, but one of the more frank exchanges I've seen in these panel shows.  Especially when the one panelist tells the other he's "no comrade" and that he should be more careful with his words.  When the rational and pragmatic finally feel like they can squeak out a little wisdom and warning, mayhaps things will change.  Of course, there is more likelihood of tragic involuntary defenstration solving the problem....

1 hour ago, crazyinsane105 said:

That is more or less what is needed to get DNR and LNR to back down. At that point, Russia will actually lose the East entirely. I feel like this should have been offered way before Feb. 24th, but it’s better late than never. Otherwise, Ukraine won’t have the ability to control these regions, ever. There are way too many DNR and LNR guys, many of whom are quite heavily armed, who will wage a very long guerrilla war against the Kiev government

Tough  chance for that.  The nationalists are busy destroying culture monuments and even WW2 monuments.  The new Ukraine is  a nazi (small as in cosplay) / toxicly nationalsr state.

2 hours ago, Strannik said:

Tough  chance for that.  The nationalists are busy destroying culture monuments and even WW2 monuments.  The new Ukraine is  a nazi (small as in cosplay) / toxicly nationalsr state.

I guess you got to keep believing that so you can justify this "Special Military Operation". In your world anyone who is not with you is a Nazi?

8 hours ago, crazyinsane105 said:

Tactical nukes aren’t going to make a difference in this case

It would be hard to govern an area which is rich with radiation. Even harder to explain to the pro Russian militias why a tactical nuke on their own land was necessary 

On Saturday there was massive (and very expencive) celebration of "City day" in Moscow, that culminated with 25000 rounds fireworks (video below is only one of ~20 points where it was launched from)

Tactical nules? Help from China? We do not need it. We need to fix the problem of pro-Western elite trying to ignore war.

Edited by Roman Alymov

2 hours ago, Stuart Galbraith said:

Thats amazing. And it may be that the real effect of this counteroffensive will be less the material, because they dont seem to have claimed many troops, than the psychological. This might turn out to be Russia's Tet moment. If of course all those people on that programme dont end up fall out of 6 story hospital windows anyway.

Parts of the Russian online fanbase are definitely doing a reality check, too. Though I expect that other parts will call them defeatists, traitors and Ukrainian agents for it.

Constructive Critiques Connected To Russia’s Tactical Pullback From Kharkov

10 SEPTEMBER 2022

The rapidly evolving events around that region have compellingly discredited the prevailing interpretation of the Ukrainian Conflict that’s hitherto been pushed by the multipolar quarters of the Alt-Media Community. Considering all that’s transpired over just the past few days, it’s now time for key influencers to reassess a lot of what they’d taken for granted if they sincerely aspire to obtain as objective an understanding of everything as possible.

Russian and Allied forces are presently carrying out a tactical pullback from the Kharkov Region in the face of Kiev’s NATO-backed counteroffensive there, which has been much more successful on the ground than the failed Kherson one that immediately preceded it. The author shared his thoughts about this development in his piece titled “Kharkov: What’s Driving The Latest Military Dynamics & What Might Come Next?”, which answers those two questions and then concludes with some general observations about the Ukrainian Conflict.

The present piece approaches the topic from a different perspective by sharing constructive critiques connected to Russia’s tactical pullback, the purpose being to break through some of the groupthink and shatter the related myths pushed by the multipolar quarters of the Alt-Media Community (AMC). President Putin cautioned members of his military, intelligence, and diplomatic bureaucracies (“deep state”) against indulging in wishful thinking in late June, so it’s important to promote that pragmatic cause through a well-intended effort to objectively assess what Russia could have done differently.

[...]

https://oneworld.press/?module=articles&action=view&id=3242

9 minutes ago, Daan said:

However, the source is poor, provides no evidence and the channel biased.

Par for the course around here, with some outstanding exceptions, and Rob Lee is not one of them, by the way.

Compared to this rather conspiratorial Mathis Mateo, Rob Lee seems a paragon of impartiality and objectivity. The channel is a trove of right-wing talking points in the tradition of the American culture wars, including antisemitism.

1 minute ago, BansheeOne said:

I think it's beautiful work of conspiracy prosa - "Jewish president", "MI6" and "Bucha was a Ukrainian false flag" all effortlessly condensed into ten lines. 🤩

I'm offended that Polish mercenaries were not included.

5 minutes ago, BansheeOne said:

I think it's beautiful work of conspiracy prosa - "Jewish president", "MI6" and "Bucha was a Ukrainian false flag" all effortlessly condensed into ten lines. 🤩

It didn't mention Jewish Nazis at all though, so that's a mark or two dropped.

On 9/12/2022 at 11:40 AM, Adam_S said:

It didn't mention Jewish Nazis at all though, so that's a mark or two dropped.

I have to say that few pro-Russian memes have aged as badly as the one juxtaposing a Jewish-nosed NATO Azov fighter with an Aryan Donbas miner in light of current events. Though admittedly, it looked about a hundred years old to begin with.

Edited by BansheeOne

2 minutes ago, urbanoid said:

Ah, so you just didn't need that railway in the first place, Russia wasn't going to make any other offensives in the Donbass region anyway and losing in days what took months to occupy is no setback at all.

I do not know what is reported in your media, but here in Russia this evenys created a significant political wave - for example, Kadyrov de-facto demanded heads rolling in MoD, and personally promised that territories will be returned. Again, it seems like he got the best PR team in Russia, may be even better then one of Putin. He is very good in PR and knows what to say to wide Russian audience (not only Chechens). And it started long ago, not now - now it only became more visible

Just now, Roman Alymov said:

I do not know what is reported in your media, but here in Russia this evenys created a significant political wave - for example, Kadyrov de-facto demanded heads rolling in MoD, and personally promised that territories will be returned. Again, it seems like he got the best PR team in Russia, may be even better then one of Putin. He is very good in PR and knows what to say to wide Russian audience (not only Chechens). And it started long ago, not now - now it only became more visible

Oh, Kadyrov promised, haha. If this 'PR' of his (in general, not just current 'promises') works on the Russians it says far more about Russians than it does about him. To a 'normal' audience it's absolute cringe and Kadyrov is a clown.

4 minutes ago, urbanoid said:

Oh, Kadyrov promised, haha. If this 'PR' of his (in general, not just current 'promises') works on the Russians it says far more about Russians than it does about him. To a 'normal' audience it's absolute cringe and Kadyrov is a clown.

This "clown" emerged from the fire of civil and tribal war in Chechnya, and then survived bureaucratic wars in Russian elite. He is very gifted politician. Re your unhappiness with Russians - it is up to you, with latest visa regulations there will be much less Russian tourists coming to EU, so less disturbance for you.

4 minutes ago, Roman Alymov said:

This "clown" emerged from the fire of civil and tribal war in Chechnya, and then survived bureaucratic wars in Russian elite. He is very gifted politician. Re your unhappiness with Russians - it is up to you, with latest visa regulations there will be much less Russian tourists coming to EU, so less disturbance for you.

He's an idiot, and a homicidal idiot at that. Why do you think Putin has never promoted him?

2 minutes ago, Stuart Galbraith said:

He's an idiot, and a homicidal idiot at that. Why do you think Putin has never promoted him?

Actually it was Putin who promoted him after the death of his father, who was also very gifter politician (despite having very limited formal education, except Islamic one - he was traditional Muslim leader of Chechnya)

8 minutes ago, Roman Alymov said:

Well, I'm afraid that a different set of standards and values is stopping me from admiring a corrupt 'tribal strongman' with a big mouth, I also don't appreciate tribal wars that make such 'tribal strongmen' emerge to positions of power.

4 minutes ago, Roman Alymov said:

Actually it was Putin who promoted him after the death of his father, who was also very gifter politician (despite having very limited formal education, except Islamic one - he was traditional Muslim leader of Chechnya)

Yes, and that was how long ago now? 

4 minutes ago, Stuart Galbraith said:

Yes, and that was how long ago now? 

That was promotion of person uknnown till this moment outside Chechnya directly to top seat in this important region. Where to promote him further, to President seat in Kremlin? Any other appointment (for example, federal minister) would be considered as moving down, not up.

11 minutes ago, Roman Alymov said:

Sorry, don't want to troll but:

As I'm not very familiar with the current political system in Russia, can you explain what "being a politician" or being a gifted one actually means in Russia these days ?

3 minutes ago, Inhapi said:

Sorry, don't want to troll but:

As I'm not very familiar with the current political system in Russia, can you explain what "being a politician" or being a gifted one actually means in Russia these days ?

In Kadyrov's case it's probably being ruthless enough to hold onto power against possible competitors and extorting enough money from the central budget to maintain a half-decent standard of living in 'his' province.