Because The British Royal Family

DougRichards

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There isn't a unified position. Republicans hate the monarchy and take any perceived infraction of some arbitrary code of conduct as ammunition demanding their removal, some just live the campy circus surrounding them. The media ignores the salacious obvious nonsense if they're broadsheets, or invents it if they're red tops.

For example, The Express seems to waste no opportunity to insist that William and Harry should be joined at the hip, and would be if it wasn't for their wives hating each other.

Who knows, or cares?

So what is the feeling of the Brit-on-the-street feeling about Randy Andy and the Firm today? What exactly is the Civil List? I thought it was a list of people who were getting a title or knighthood?

I should correct myself, the civil list is the old name for it. The new name is the Sovereign grant act.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_list

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sovereign_Grant_Act_2011

Course I dont see him going to New York again anytime soon...

The MCC is still open as of this writing. The shame he has inflicted upon his family of noble birth is evident.

The question is if Bond is available.

Edited by Nobu

I thought I had read somewhere that the Royal family had large revenues from holdings or estates. Something about the revenue being greater than the civil list or grant. Is this true or false?

Well, what now for Andrew? Will the Queen allow him to be interviewed by the FBI? Will she allow him to appear in court? And what of the Duchess of York?

They've been divorced for 23 years and she does not seem to have had any involvement in this affair. I can't see any reason why this should affect her.

The question of whether the queen would ever allow him and/or her considerable estate to be blackmailed by incriminating video may have been avoided or answered by recent events.

The alternative would have called for him to make the the ultimate sacrifice.

Edited by Nobu

Any updates? In the reallly old days the “king” got sacrificed to make the land “healthy” I wonder if Charles is thinking about that for Andrew.....

A wicker man on the Isle of Sky perhaps? Unfortunately the sacrifice had to be virtuous, so that rules out a certain member of the royal family.

As said before, as far as British justice goes, Andrew has done nothing wrong. Ok, so he exercised exceedinly poor judgement and hung around people he really would have been advised not to hang around, and said exceedingly unwise things. But if that was a hanging offence, the Duke and Duchess of Windsow would have been strung up.

Andrew has been stripped of his duties. My guess is that is the only action you will see from this point on. We arent going to extradite him, and we have nothing to charge him with.

As said before, as far as British justice goes, Andrew has done nothing wrong. Ok, so he exercised exceedinly poor judgement and hung around people he really would have been advised not to hang around, and said exceedingly unwise things. But if that was a hanging offence, the Duke and Duchess of Windsow would have been strung up.

Andrew has been stripped of his duties. My guess is that is the only action you will see from this point on. We arent going to extradite him, and we have nothing to charge him with.

Sexual Offences Act 2003 Section 47 Para. (1) a.

He is alleged to have had sex in London with a seventeen year old prostitute who was procured for him. This is illegal under the above cited legislation. Whether the evidence supports prosecution (or will be said to support it) is less certain.

Sexual Offences Act 2003 Section 47 Para. (1) a.

He is alleged to have had sex in London with a seventeen year old prostitute who was procured for him. This is illegal under the above cited legislation. Whether the evidence supports prosecution (or will be said to support it) is less certain.

Ok, well if that can be proved, he is in the shit. The difficulty is proving it years after the event.

I don't defend him I might add. I just don't see where it can go from here. I believe the victim but there is no supporting evidence, other than a photo open to interpretation.

And who really wants to find out when you get down to it?

While reflecting very badly on Andrew, I don't get the impression this is affecting the Royal Family as a whole. Am I correct in thinking that?

Not really.

I think I've already said that anti-monarchists take any opportunity, and there's enough salacious nonsense about to keep them angry anyway.

Everyone else is probably thinking that Randy Andy is irrelevant - there was much more interest in William and Harry's alleged massive bust-up because their wives allegedly hate each other. Or something like that, all made up by the Daily Heil or Excess.

Even Harry's marriage doesn't matter a damn - William is next up after Charles and his succession is secure because of the kids there, too.

BTW, when it was released that Harry was dating Megan Markle, the first I knew that she was "coloured" was when an American news source splashed the importance of it all over the front page. It didn't rate a mention anywhere in the UK that I was aware of, until that point, and only nostril-flaring racists, of which there remain a few, give a damn.

• 1 month later...

As the breakup of the USSR showed, the problem with secessionism is that it tends to spiral. :D

'Brit hits the fan': How world reacted to Megxit after Harry and Meghan's shock announcement

By Telegraph Reporters

9 JANUARY 2020 9:01 AM

Prince Harry and his wife Meghan shocked the world on Wednesday night with their announcement that they were "stepping back" as senior members of the royal family.

The news dominated the front pages in the UK, social media hotly debated the move while a host of celebrities lined up to praise the royal couple.

In a shock announcement, the couple said they would spend time in North America and rip up long-established relations with the press.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are understood to have made their bombshell statement without notifying either Harry's grandmother the monarch, or his father Prince Charles.

The surprise news follows a turbulent year for the couple, who have openly said they have struggled in the spotlight and grown apart from Harry's brother Prince William. They have also reacted badly to negative news coverage.

[...]

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-family/2020/01/09/brit-hits-fan-world-reacted-megxit-harry-meghans-shock-announcement/

That's the problem with Royals marrying Americans - even the lefty-lib Hollywood types are still, by definition, republicans. :D I had taken the earlier rumblings about family strife largely as yellow press gossip, but seems there's more to it.

As the breakup of the USSR showed, the problem with secessionism is that it tends to spiral. :D

'Brit hits the fan': How world reacted to Megxit after Harry and Meghan's shock announcement

By Telegraph Reporters

9 JANUARY 2020 9:01 AM

Prince Harry and his wife Meghan shocked the world on Wednesday night with their announcement that they were "stepping back" as senior members of the royal family.

The news dominated the front pages in the UK, social media hotly debated the move while a host of celebrities lined up to praise the royal couple.

In a shock announcement, the couple said they would spend time in North America and rip up long-established relations with the press.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are understood to have made their bombshell statement without notifying either Harry's grandmother the monarch, or his father Prince Charles.

The surprise news follows a turbulent year for the couple, who have openly said they have struggled in the spotlight and grown apart from Harry's brother Prince William. They have also reacted badly to negative news coverage.

[...]

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-family/2020/01/09/brit-hits-fan-world-reacted-megxit-harry-meghans-shock-announcement/

That's the problem with Royals marrying Americans - even the lefty-lib Hollywood types are still, by definition, republicans. :D I had taken the earlier rumblings about family strife largely as yellow press gossip, but seems there's more to it.

I suppose it's like being the perpetual vice president. Harry and Megan have to go to all the activities but don't have any real power or responsibility.

Plus the US is a bigger pond so they will have more opportunity to make a living. Megan probably still likes the movie industry and she thinks that both of them could do well doing that. I stopped watch Suits when Megan and Patrick Adams left the show.

Edited by Mobius

He's pussy whipped and she wants to be a princess but doesn't want the responsibilites and oversight that comes with the title. Are they giving up the fat bank account, paying back for the houses the government just spent millions refurbishing for them or the yearly income? Are they going to trade on their royal status to become "self sufficient"? Have they given up the private jets yet or is "Uncle Elton" still flying them around?

He's pussy whipped and she wants to be a princess but doesn't want the responsibilites and oversight that comes with the title. Are they giving up the fat bank account, paying back for the houses the government just spent millions refurbishing for them or the yearly income? Are they going to trade on their royal status to become "self sufficient"? Have they given up the private jets yet or is "Uncle Elton" still flying them around?

she wants to be a "princess" like in a disney movie. Not the actual constant PR work it actually means being a princess.

I actually respect Prince Harry (or is it just "Harry" now) for this, and think he will be absolutely fine out in the real world if he is eventually cut off from the royal purse completely.

The United Nations would be atop a long list of MNCs interested in his services. It also raises the question of whether he could enter politics.

Edited by Nobu