Brexit

Corinthian

just use this hungarian's invention, the ball tip pen also known as biro. Leaves a mark on the paper and the ink is quite water resistant. If paranoid use a biro with water resistant ink.

But even the good old pencil.is good, just apply more pressure. Sure the graphite can be rubbed away, the paper stays scratched.

there is so much dumb in this brexit campaign or the countering stay in.

Edited by Panzermann

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

just use this hungarian's invention, the ball tip pen also known as biro. Leaves a mark on the paper and the ink is quite water resistant. If paranoid use a biro with water resistant ink.

But even the good old pencil.is good, just apply more pressure. Sure the graphite can be rubbed away, the paper stays scratched.

there is so much dumb in this brexit campaign or the countering stay in.

but how deep, and for how long? I see a whole new World of EU regulation..... :D

As noted in several mythbusting items, most of the "dumb" comes from one side, sadly.

I've just had to post a reference to the specific article in the Lisbon Treaty that defines how Exit works to someone who claimed that the Lisbon Treaty *prevents* secession.

It's right there, it couldn't be clearer, and yet...

Michael Gove and his dismissal of expert testimony springs to mind.

For those desperate enough, the BBC News channel is following it live. you might be able to stream it from bbc.com as they claim to be providing the content internationally.

Remain to win by 4 points with turnout about 75%

Won't get any results for quite a while,though. I'll go to bed & switch on the radio in the morning to find out what's happened.

Iain Duncan Smith is saying some reasonable things (!!!) about difficulties both Labour & the Conservatives have had, & problems the campaign has shown up for both.

IDS is seeing the writing on the wall.

Pound is up above $1.50. The bookies are giving 93% chance to Remain.

The NC Politics people (who predicted the last election result when all the pollsters got it badly wrong) have as of 7am said there is a 75% chance for Remain.

I expect updates from the moment the first district reports, sometime around midnight. - 12:30 BST

Apart from Gibraltar (96% Remain), the first two areas declared are more Leave than expected for a Remain majority. Not good.

This is going to kill me before the night is out.

Leave took an early lead, due to the NE voting largely out but it's swung back a bit with some city results somewhat balancing out the Shire Leave votes.

Scotland is voting in, but turnouts don't seem to be as high as elsewhere.

At least Cameron (and Remain) has managed to sew up the Scottish and Republican Northern Irish vote!

Seriously though how does the British political class (eg Major, Blair, Brown, Cameron, Corbyn, Mandelson, etc) explain to their respective constituencies their cohesion/alignment on such a vexed issue ?

It's been called as a leave vote by all the uk news outlets with 50 districts remaining.

We're in for a difficult next 2 decades.

Yep, but one gets the impression it wasn't going to be an easy 20 years in any case. The optomist in me hopes that a bit of pain now, might let you weather any reckoning the EU faces later.

Shane