The Middle East War

7 hours ago, JDAM said:

he British have just one interest in Iran with any lasting power. Most of the propaganda from the UK flows from that very obsession, as what flows from the oil fields.

What?! makes no sense, UK in Iraq had mostly a passive even a deal with Shiite militias. So if Britain was so interested in Oil then it would have had a much more active policy in Iraq.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, TrustMe said:

It's more complicated than the above. Us Brits basically controlled the Middle East not just Iran, which we invaded in 1941, but also oil producing states like Barhain and Iraq (the Iraki Kirkuk fields were the largest ever discovered upto the 1920's). But this is all ancient history as have long since left the Middle East for being the wars/conflicted shit hole that it is.

Resource extraction is usually the key goal of imperialism. The profit motive for plundering oil will not be ancient history until the act is no longer profitable.

From your link:

BP was the lead contractor on the Rumaila development, with a 38% working interest. The China National Petroleum Company (CNPC) held 37% with the remaining 25% held by the Iraqi government.

BP said, alongside CNPC, it intended to invest $15bn over the next 20 years to increase production in Rumaila to nearly 3m barrels per day, or 3% of global oil production. 

In its first year of operation, BP increased production from the Rumaila field by 10% above the rate initially agreed with the Iraqi oil ministry, meaning the company became eligible for a share of the oil produced.

In 2014, BP increased its working interest in the Rumaila TSC to 48% and the contract was extended by five years to 2034. 

Why it did not got majority and the Chinese could get 37%?

2 hours ago, lucklucky said:

From your link:

Why it did not got majority and the Chinese could get 37%?

You need to ask oil industry experts to get precise answers. I don't know if there is a consensus.

On 4/18/2024 at 6:24 PM, JDAM said:

https://www.bp.com/en/global/corporate/news-and-insights/bp-responds-to-bbc-story-on-rumaila-oilfield.html

28 November 2023

As we have stated before, bp is not and has never been the operator of the Rumaila field. Nor do we have any ownership interest or equity in the field or any right to the oil it produces.  Nevertheless, we continue to actively support the lead contractor – Basra Energy Company Limited (BECL) – in its work to help the operator of the field, the Rumaila Operating Organisation (ROO), to reduce its flaring and emissions.  

Their role seems to be technical support, not operating the field, not do they own it. So other than the main essentials, all of them, completely true then

On 4/22/2024 at 10:35 AM, Perun said:

You certainly show your colours again and again. Were you grandparents in Ushtasha? :D

1 hour ago, Sardaukar said:

You certainly show your colours again and again. Were you grandparents in Ushtasha? :D

No, in Partisans, Ustashe didnt have support here. But I know your fought with nazies against free world forces...and lost 😀😁

You, like your grandparents, support genocid not I

Edited by Perun

3 hours ago, Perun said:

No, in Partisans, Ustashe didnt have support here. But I know your fought with nazies against free world forces...and lost 😀😁

You, like your grandparents, support genocid not I

You just show your total ignorance of history...again.

You are just going to run your mini-Jasenovac in your mind and try to blame others.

That is sad. 

4 hours ago, Perun said:

Houthis attack Israel-linked ship in Indian Ocean, 2 US warships in Red Sea

https://www.timesofisrael.com/houthis-attack-israel-linked-ship-in-indian-ocean-2-us-warships-in-red-sea/

The only link between MSC Orion and Israel I could find is the ethnicity/religion of one of the co-owners, one Raffaela Aponte-Diamant, born in Haifa in 1945, and currently described as Italian or Swiss.

Ship sails under Portuguese flag.

Edited by sunday

30 minutes ago, Sardaukar said:

You just show your total ignorance of history...again.

You are just going to run your mini-Jasenovac in your mind and try to blame others.

That is sad. 

Facts, write with real facts not with nostalgy for Finland nazi pupet state and lost wars

Edited by Perun

Is it just me or has Houthi And The Blowfish barely been able to attack a ship in the last few weeks? Did the attack on Israel along with the attrition from fighter bombers use up most of their stuff?

29 minutes ago, Josh said:

Is it just me or has Houthi And The Blowfish barely been able to attack a ship in the last few weeks? Did the attack on Israel along with the attrition from fighter bombers use up most of their stuff?

I think its mostly drones at the moment and they are getting shot down. A couple days a Greek frigate shot one with the 127mm gun of all things

• 3 weeks later...