Because, Germany

X-Files

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

An American tourist gave the Nazi salute in Germany — so a stranger beat him up, police say (wapo)

An American tourist in Germany was beaten up by a passer-by after he began giving the Nazi salute outside a cafe in Dresden, police said Sunday.

The incident occurred about 8:15 a.m. Saturday as the man left a cafe called Europe in the Neustadt district of Dresden, police said in a statement. The district is known to be a liberal part of the town and a popular meeting spot for students.

The tourist was identified only as a 41-year-old American man who was “severely drunk,” according to police. He suffered minor injuries, while the stranger who assailed him fled the scene, police said.

Police said the U.S. national is under investigation for violating German laws prohibiting Nazi symbols and that they are still seeking the passer-by for causing personal injury, according to the Associated Press.

(...)

The Dresden incident occurred just a week after two Chinese tourists were detained for giving Nazi salutes outside Berlin's Reichstag, once home to the Imperial Diet. The two tourists were fined nearly $600 each but were permitted to leave the country with their tour group, police said. Similarly, a 30-year-old Canadian tourist was detained in 2011 after being photographed giving the Nazi salute outside the Reichstag. He, too, got off with a fine.

Germany is not the only European country to ban the salute. Earlier this month, Switzerland’s Supreme Court upheld the conviction of a man who appeared in 2013 photos making the Nazi salute outside a Geneva synagogue.

make stupid jokes get stupid prizes

Edited by Panzermann

If the guy was drunk he was anesthesised already so that made no effect. During his time with the Kops (how does one say cops in German?) he had time to sober up so he could be punched again but properly this time.

that is just pandering to the conservative voting base. there are elections upcoming.

Edited by Panzermann

(how does one say cops in German?)

Because, German language:

Polizeihauptkommissar

Polizeiliche Ordnungsbeamte

Sicherheitspolizei-Polizeiobermeisterin

Muahahahahahahaaaa!

It probably would be met by a blank stare. If you want to invite being taken into custody and dragged to court for insulting a Polizist, choose one of the following (taken from actual court rules; translated to the best of my abilities):

Razzing 150 €

"Girlie!" 200 €

"Bekloppter" 250 €

"Stupid cow" 300 €

"Bite me!" 300 €

"Stupid pig" 475 €

"Don't you have anything better to do - Bitch?!" 500 €

"What do you want, fruitcake?!" 500 €

"Asozialer" 550 €

"The sun has fried your brain!" 600 €

Einen Polizisten duzen 600 €

"Loghead!" 750 €

Tapping one's forehead 750 €

"Bei dir piept's wohl!" 750 €

Wiper gesture 1000 €

Flipping the bird 4000 €

"Wanker" 1000 €

"Idiot" 1500 €

"I'd fancy to call you an asshole now!" 1600 €

"Bitch" 1900 €

"Fieses Miststück" 2500 €

"Alte Sau" 2500 €

Fines will vary, depending on the circumstances and your personal income level.

Edited by Ssnake

Websters.com is applicable here.

Lake - a body of fresh or salt water of considerable size, surrounded by land.

(go) jump in the lake, (used as an exclamation of dismissal.)

:lol:

(how does one say cops in German?)

Because, German language:

Polizeihauptkommissar

Polizeiliche Ordnungsbeamte

Sicherheitspolizei-Polizeiobermeisterin

Muahahahahahahaaaa!

You forgot

Polizeihauptmeister mit Amtszulage in der Bundespolizei (used to be im Bundesgrenzschutz)

Erster Leitender Polizeihauptkommissar

and don't get me started with the weirdo titles that the Zoll (customs) uses like Zollschiffshauptsekretär

a slang term is "Bulle" which many take offence to, because they mistakenly think it comes from the bovine. Actually it comes from the dutch bol which means head. Meaning a smart man you can trust. another explanation comes from the old wax seal covers called Bulle that used to be hanging from old documents. There is also the old-fashioned Polente (from Polizei), but that sounds like a 1950ies crime comedy film to most ears nowadays.

Then there is the ever present Bullenschweine ("cop-swine"), which definitely is an insult. Often heard from those stone-hurling worldpeace lovers in black hoodies.

I suppose the term "junior minister" suggests more seniority than there's actually associated with his job as a secretary to the secretary of finance. ;)

You forgot

Polizeihauptmeister mit Amtszulage in der Bundespolizei (used to be im Bundesgrenzschutz)

Erster Leitender Polizeihauptkommissar

Should not that in german terminology be PoHaAmBu and ErLePoHa? ^_^ :D

BTW, who is this Jens who is said to be a Minister and a popular one too?

I don't even know who our ministers are any more, and you expect me to know yours?

The reduction of political news to being the opinion of the talking head, reinforced by cherry-picked soundbites has completely removed any sense of the personalities behind the defensive statements made by politicians for the most part.

And yet, there was Boris.

Jens Sahn is this guy and he is Parlamentarischer Staatssekretär in ministry of finance. They translated it as junior minister, because I guess statesecretary would have been misleading considering the similarly named office in DeeCee.

That oilsmeared eel is not popular, but one of the great hopes of the CDU. If a black-green coalition comes after this years election his career will rocket upwards, because he is an outspoken homosexual. If it is something else his career will take longer. <_<

I don't even know who our ministers are any more, and you expect me to know yours?

The reduction of political news to being the opinion of the talking head, reinforced by cherry-picked soundbites has completely removed any sense of the personalities behind the defensive statements made by politicians for the most part.

And yet, there was Boris.

Johnsons has been so loud in marketing London and his own deeds that he has been clearly heard this side of the channel. The loud Brexit campaign did further his self-promotion.