Type 26

HMS Glasgow  should have 'launched' today, not sure if she has mind, the whole roll out and float off process is rather less definitive than a crack the champers and wait for the splash. 

Still that's the first of type getting wet. 

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 11/15/2022 at 6:56 AM, Ivanhoe said:

About the same size as a Burke, with much smaller complement.

I'm a bit skeptical about the modular bay stuff.

Interesting that the planned helo is a medium-sized trash hauler, which seems to imply the UAVs are surface warfare. Which is probably an inevitable trend. 3 or 4 drones orbiting the mother ship at near-OTH radius can detect aggressors better than a single manned helo.

Canada has been using large ASW helicopters for a long time, this just continues the trend. It was Canada that developed the Bear Trap to haul them down to the flight deck.

"The cone shaped thing on top looks odd.  If I live long enough for the various T-26s to enter service, I'll probably get used to it."--RO11

The Darings have taken the edge off, but yes, it still looks funky.

4 minutes ago, shep854 said:

"The cone shaped thing on top looks odd.  If I live long enough for the various T-26s to enter service, I'll probably get used to it."--RO11

The Darings have taken the edge off, but yes, it still looks funky.

It looks suspiciously like Dalek...

2 hours ago, kokovi said:

That is a standard method of seafastening for such non-standard cargo. You cut it after transport, repaint the spot, finished.

Thanks.  That thought did occur to me, but it seemed a bit outlandish.

• 2 weeks later...

thought I'd place this here as its linked to, but not fully relevant to, nice to see Harland and Wolff back on the map

https://www.harland-wolff.com/news/statement-from-defence-secretary-ben-wallace/