Mandate Of Heaven

JasonJ

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's on the Gateway Pundit, so for Murph, it's true.

They have been accurate over 90+ % of the time, so take it or leave it.

Alternative Facts are a hell of a drug.

No alternative facts worth mentioning about the CCP maybe?

This thread is about China!

Zhang-Ziyi1.jpg

Yeah, and I explained how the stitching of individual photos on Google Maps often leads to features like bridges, roads or in this case, dams, appearing "wobbly". I'm pretty sure that the Three Gorges Dam does, in fact, still stand in a straight line.

However, if you want to keep chasing the Murph clown car, go ahead.

Yeah, and I explained how the stitching of individual photos on Google Maps often leads to features like bridges, roads or in this case, dams, appearing "wobbly". I'm pretty sure that the Three Gorges Dam does, in fact, still stand in a straight line.

However, if you want to keep chasing the Murph clown car, go ahead.

You're the one pursuing a vendetta against him by making a direct personal hit on him.

http://www.tank-net.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=42830&p=1487594

You're likely doing so for him calling democrats evil or backing Trump, or both. Take your trolling to a democrat or Trump thread.

Edited by JasonJ

You're the one pursuing a vendetta against him by making a direct personal hit on him.

You're likely doing so for him calling democrats evil or backing Trump, or both. Take your trolling to a democrat or Trump thread.

Oh please, "direct personal hit", spare me the hyperbole.

Murph posted some bullshit story from a bullshit outlet, and I called him out for it, like I do with everyone else. There is no personal vendetta. I even called out Stuart for posting bullshit once. Even if he is a fellow comrade, as some here would probably believe. :D

Murph posted some bullshit story from a bullshit outlet, and I called him out for it, like I do with everyone else. There is no personal vendetta. I even called out Stuart for posting bullshit once. Even if he is a fellow comrade, as some here would probably believe. :D

He did too, I was really broken up about it. It felt like the Sino Soviet split all over again.

Edited by Stuart Galbraith

This..

"It's on the Gateway Pundit, so for Murph, it's true."

..was unnecessary to make a point that the distorted images of the dam were possibly inaccurate.

But is your defense for your vendetta all you have to add to the thread now after its been dormant for some time? How about instead of posting your worthless vendetta bullshit spreading poisonous activity into other threads, enlighten us about things regarding China or the Asia-Pacific? Surely that is a bigger matter than your trolling.

And since none posting about it lives anywhere nearby, why is that an issue for all of you anyway? :blink:

Unless someone can post from a source that has more information outside a bad googlemap photo, I think we can consider the issue closed.

Here's how the dam currently looks with the discharge valves open. Spoiler: It's not wobbly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvoLdIdQv68

And since none posting about it lives anywhere nearby, why is that an issue for all of you anyway? :blink:

Wanted a piece of sounding tough action? :)

Well I live in Osaka.

Looking forward to your tough sounding response :)

Well I live in Osaka.

And if a dam fails you will be affected exactly how?

Well I live in Osaka.

And if a dam fails you will be affected exactly how?

Oh sure but even if I'm on the opposite end of the geopolitical side from the PRC side, I don't want to see the dam break which would cause enoumous hardship to basic level living and enoumous death.

Unless someone can post from a source that has more information outside a bad googlemap photo, I think we can consider the issue closed.

The largest dam in the world is about to burst. Clickbait at 11.

Oh sure but even if I'm on the opposite end of the geopolitical side from the PRC side, I don't want to see the dam break which would cause enoumous hardship to basic level living and enoumous death.

I don't think anyone sane wants to see a dam break, but everyone getting their panties in the knot over it is utterly pointless. It will break or it will not, and it is up the Chinese to deal with it. Your/mine/anyone else's opinion is just that, opinion w/o any weight in practice.

So why get all upset over it?

Edited by bojan

I don't think anyone sane wants to see a dam break, but everyone getting their panties in the knot over it is utterly pointless. It will break or it will not, and it is up the Chinese to deal with it. Your/my/anyone else opinion is just that, opinion w/o any weight in practice..

Actually no I disagree. It would be a massive humanitarian problem. Even if a domestic engineering failure, the scale would warrent an interest from neighboring countries to offer some degree of aid or support, even if just the degree of a token of verbal support. Geopolitical competition doesn't have to prohibit voice of expression of support. The PRC of course would be in the position to accept or refuse any token of international support. That would be their call, not yours (Mr. who doesn't live in the region).

Isn't that dam so enormous that it slightly altered the orbit of the planet?

I would not be surprised if it did. The last time a Chinese dam broke, it was by the Nationalist Chinese in 1938, to try and stop the advance of the IJA.

Isn't that dam so enormous that it slightly altered the orbit of the planet?

I would not be surprised if it did. The last time a Chinese dam broke, it was by the Nationalist Chinese in 1938, to try and stop the advance of the IJA.

No, it wasn't

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1975_Banqiao_Dam_failure

Which is why it's unlikely the 3 Gorges will collapse, but we will see...

Actually no I disagree. It would be a massive humanitarian problem...

"Would someone think of the children"

Actually no I disagree. It would be a massive humanitarian problem...

"Would someone think of the children"

Of course the world is rather complex and interwoven even among the way headlines and general military defense postures are being taken up. Among a number of cities along the Yangzte river is Wuhan. They were of course hit very hard from the virus. They are having major flood issues right now. If the dam breaks, then Wuhan is gonna be hammered again. There a some Japanese car company manufacture centers there. At a more local capacity, I would thing the Japanese doing business there would feel compelled to express to show some empathy to their business local area, despite all the geopolitics going on.