The Mouthbreather Thread

You knew this was coming...

Soci0path

After a shitty carrier game in the match before (2 against 1... yeah... that was fun) because zero thought was put into carrier play so far I got a match where it was 2 vs 1 on my side.

Sweet... easy win.

Mouthbreather above is in the other carrier. What do his fighters do all game? They circle his carrier... in the very back. Meanwhile I'm running just 1 fighter and the enemy is running 2. He's constantly shadowing my bombers so I never get any good runs in on their team. Was SO much fun... :glare:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't played in a few days minus some of that space battle mode to see the tier 10s.

Come back today and in my first game in my Saipan I get Encounter on that map with all the icebergs. What does 1/3 of my team do? They move to the upper NW corner of the map to go around the big iceberg. By the time they finally come out to where they can engage the enemy they're wiped out by an enemy force that already killed 2-3 of our team who went mid.

I don't get this fascination with players to go to all corners of the map and waste so much time not actually playing. These are probably the same folks who are giving feedback that 'maps r stoopid' when in reality they don't have a clue how to play them.

I still am mystified about the attraction of killing carriers. I can no longer count the number of domination games I've been on the losing side of because some significant portion of the team charge after a revealed carrier instead of capping or helping stop a cap of an area. The strategy (such as it is) that seems to work consistently is have most of the team move to capture a or c, send a couple destroyers or cruisers to capture or contest b and have the remaining forces move towards b after capping whichever flank zone they were headed towards. If you can take and hold two zones for most of the game and have equal losses you'll win. Also, focus firing on red DDs is important, if they lose their destroyers they can still zoom back and cap with a CL but those (other than the alpha gift) can't smoke and cloak so are much easier to pick off on the cap.

Zigarius

Mouthbreather is a mid-tier BB. When engaging an enemy cruiser near our cap he fires 3 straight broadsides without having the proper range (for all of... a few hundred hps in dmg).

Then when time is running out at the end of a game when an enemy BB is at full health near cap he takes the 'safe' route and maintains distance... all when right next to the enemy cap. This turn to safety was away from cap thus blowing our only chance at winning. (Considering he couldn't hit shit earlier in the game I'm curious what made him think he could suddenly land every hit before time ran out in order to kill that enemy BB.)

bman35

Map is north, he's in a BB. I try to explain that it's a waste of time to go 1-2 or 9-10. Mouthbreather takes issue with me telling others how to play (he's pulling a 48% w/r in the CB so far so he clearly knows how to). At the end of the match I'm the lone ship (Aoba) at our cap trying to hold off 2 DDs and a CA. As you can imagine it's not going well (the Aoba is no Cleveland). He starts talking shit about how I haven't done anything. He drives me to finally start pulling out win rates in the CB (I don't start this... I just react to retards).

I'm really hoping devs completely ignore comments from anyone below 50%...

kermit2165

Mouthbreather is in a BB. An enemy cruiser darts between some islands on North and I'm set on fire in my CV behind cap. I pan back to my ship and notice... I'm running into this guy in his BB. Yes... he was in a BB and BEHIND THE CARRIERS at the beginning of the game. I haven't let loose with a verbal lashing like the one I gave him in months. Needless to say he ended up bottom of XP after the game (the rest of us carried his worthless ass... and yes, he's a nobody in WoT as well).

No one... NO ONE... should ever be behind carriers in WoWs. It's like heavies sitting behind arty in WoT and 'sniping'. If you do it you're an idiot and wasting a slot on your team.

There's new and learning and then there's clearly being beyond hope like that guy. Zero reason to have a BB behind a CV. That doesn't seem like asking too much even of someone completely new to the game.

yesterday I had a CV in front of my Kongo, he lasted about 5 minutes. I stay back for at least the first 5 minutes, never getting in amongst the islands and trying to be able to reach beyond the caps. If things are going well or the DD sunk, then I will move up. But with the massed torp attacks I am seeing, your screwed if they catch you in a BB in the islands as you can pin you against the shore.

There's new and learning and then there's clearly being beyond hope like that guy. Zero reason to have a BB behind a CV. That doesn't seem like asking too much even of someone completely new to the game.

Even to me it is logical not to have BBs in behind CVs.

For me it took somewhere around 3-4000 games in Wot to understand the game (if not more), I was probably terrible.

I have sunk a friendly ship in Wows, I have beached ship in Wows, I have map-hugged and even ran into the red line on Wows (too busy trying to hit stuff). I am terrible at it. But I think eventually I can learn it. That is why I like to give most others at least the benefit of doubt.

/sigh

Picking up my WoT habits and now messaging mouthbreathers after the game. This one was Hound60... has over 100 games in CB yet for some reason thought it would be smart to hide in the very corner of the map at the end of a Domination game when the other 2 teammates still alive were carriers and scrambling for their lives against TB runs. He did a lot of good out there alright... :glare:

• 2 weeks later...

EAGLE90 (48% w/r after nearly 600 games in the CB)

Map was the iceberg one and it was the mode with a single base in the middle. We're the northern team and he takes his cruiser all the way to the NW around that big iceberg. So... he takes himself out of the game for the first half. Then when he finally comes around he ends up sitting still waiting for the PERFECT shot on an enemy he doesn't even have LoS on. After that he starts moving... north... away from cap... while they're capping.

So much fail in one player. Remember this guy is a data point that WG will use to make adjustments. This is why I worry. :glare:

WR doesn't mean much in this game IMO, I can't pull above 47% in mid tiers as BBs are too slow and CVs can't pull the team when the team melts around them, down from 65% in lower tiers. I reckon I am not the best of players but my WR keeps going down despite usually being in the top 5.

Re. mouthbreathers, I had an enjoyable game on the P'Cola playing with a grounded Atlanta, first I shot off his turrets and the took my time blasting the rest of the ship just for kicks (the game was already won and I had 3 kills down). Ended up with 15 critical hits, so I hope the guy now knows how not to ground a cruiser.

Just lost 1000-100 on a Domination match on Fault Line. They had the 3 points within 2 minutes, their cruiser division chased me away from C, and I was the closest friendly ship to a cap the entire match. I accidently shot HE most of the match because I was trying to finish off destroyers, and I still had top XP by miles.

Idiots.

Two more mouthbreathers added to the blacklist, PATMAN27 and A_Drunk. Shock, surprise both are pulling terrible numbers in the CB so far (and before anyone says anything they're pulling terrible numbers in WoT, too... they're just bad). The former was sitting right next to a cap in Domination mode for half the game and never took it (no one did) and then went on to engage a full health enemy BB in the south of the map when he was at 1/3. That's not a bad play, that's like... freakishly retarded. The latter couldn't fathom that when I was solo against 2 carriers running full fighter loadouts and I still pulled 4th in XP that somehow I didn't do my share. Meanwhile, with 9m left on North, he drives his slow ass BB down the 9 line and basically guaranteed he was taken out of the game for the rest of the match.

Remember, these people vote and have kids. Games have very limited variables and inputs. If you struggle with them, especially when so much is out there on how to play them right, I have zero sympathy for you and frankly worry about how you're fucking up the rest of the world around you.

Edited by Skywalkre

• 4 weeks later...

Kento

39% w/r after 240+ games in the CB. He was top tier BB in a Nagato but moved to the most worthless parts of the map as if moving away from action.

If WG is set on never implementing skill-based MM at least force players like this into PvE matches until they can show there that they can do more than waste a slot. If they can't? Gratz... they get to fight bots the rest of their WoWs time (and frankly, as stupid as this guy probably is, he'll never figure out what's going on).

Edited by Skywalkre

• 2 weeks later...

BanG365 and Alphens

The first mouthbreather is pulling a 43% w/r in CB after 600 battles! Is top tier in a Yamato on North and suicides up the 8 line right off the bat and dies to a hail of torpedo fire from half their team. Hmm... it's almost as if retard play like that is why he manages 26k average dmg in the Yamato. Doing his part to keep it from getting nerfed! :glare:

The second mouthbreather is pulling an even more amazing 42% in the CB. Map is hotpost, we call out NE from the NW spawn, and this guy trudges south, alone, in his New Mexico and goes into the narrow passages between the three islands. Ends up getting surrounded and killed by a DD. That area on that map is one you learn after two to three playthroughs that you just don't take BBs into that area because of what happened to this moron.

Another one! Is it a full moon? Is that why all the mouthbreathers are out in force? :glare:

RADM_Chesthairs_Menootz

Mouthbreather is over 100 games but only pulling a 42% w/r. He's in a tier 7 USN CV and the enemy has the tier 9 USN CV. Mouthbreather above is running fighters and early on we can tell the enemy one is running TB/DB loadout. Perfect... this guy can shut the other one down. So what does he do?

Enemy CV sends in his DBs as bait and the moron above bites. Enemy then sends his TBs on an end run while our hero above leaves his fighters on the DBs. End result is one dead mouthbreather. He then goes on a tirade for the rest of the game about how bad we are.

Just...

/facepalm

It's carrier 101. If he can't pick it up after 100+ games there's no hope. Turns out he's as much of a shitter in WoT so one of those where there's no hope.

Skywalkre I am glad you don't see me on either WOT or WoWS. I am sub 50% in both.

I am not good at these games. I accept my limitations. I am very agressive with my BB's and I die a lot in them. Not my fault. They just need lots more secondary guns to deal with the 5 or 6 enemy ships I am surrounded by. :D

I think I am very slowly improving with WoWS.

DarkConfidant is a straight up team killer. He was trying to play dumb and asking why he was pink. Then after he torpedoed me he tried to blame me for running into his spread, which was launched about 1 k from me and not in the direction of any enemy ship. Finally he bragged about 15 tks in ten battles.

• 3 weeks later...

Man, so much anger in so few posts :D

I know that the game costs money and you have a lot of time invested in it, but remember, the chances are that the "mouthbreathers" are evenly distributed, so you get the benefits as well as the downsides.

Sejanus

Domination mode on New Dawn. Our team does the right thing and basically moves as a fleet towards C (the one bad thing was our DDs ignored and never contested the middle cap). We move together and wipe the floor with the enemy and then start pushing to B. The enemy had both A and B most of the game and were up in points but we outnumbered them 2:1 about midway through. The above mouthbreather was moaning all game about how we were going to lose and just wouldn't shut up, even after we overtook the enemy in points. Sadly, a lot of our ships were low health and we only had 4 surviving at the end chasing down a lone enemy BB. Since we never took B til late in the game the enemy barely won with seconds to spare (enemy BB was down to 2k health and burning).

The shitlord above even messages me afterwards and goes 'ha! told you! and you had the lowest xp on the team!' I didn't. The fuckwad just never adjusted the chart by XP (my name was on the bottom for some reason when you first open it) and I was top XP, by a mile, and double his.

Edited by Skywalkre

I don't mind stupid players or bad ones but people who play to ruin other people's experience totally piss me off.

I mind them all. I've come to realize over the years that these traits in game tend to carry over into day-to-day life as well.

Angels volunteering at homeless shelters don't come home, jump in game, and start TKing and causing grief.