Hms Queen Elizabeth

John_Ford

3 hours ago, Stuart Galbraith said:

I think the days of us having 3 carriers have gone with the Invincibles. It would have been nice to have been able to have retained one, but I daresay they were rather worn out.

I was more concerned with the capability gap of retiring the carriers with a capability cap of 15 years before the queen of elizabeth class was commisioned. Even now we don't have enough fighters to fit both carriers.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I dont think we are ever going to deploy 2 at once. The manpower problem means thats unlikely to be possible anytime soon. Even the RFA's have problems with manning, simply because we arent paying people enough. Till we actually find some more readies to bump up a decent payrise, its likely going to keep happening.

2 hours ago, Stuart Galbraith said:

I dont think we are ever going to deploy 2 at once. The manpower problem means thats unlikely to be possible anytime soon. Even the RFA's have problems with manning, simply because we arent paying people enough. Till we actually find some more readies to bump up a decent payrise, its likely going to keep happening.

The gulf between 'ideal' and 'real' can be vast indeed.

Apparently there have been strong rumours that the full F-35 purchase may be completed after all. Currently I believe that we have formally ordered 74, with many delivered.

I think I read it in Defence Analysis (Tusa's monthly rant about how incompetent at procurement we are. It's always amusing to see how tall a tower of cards he has to build to make anything out of the crumbs that the various departments give him.)

• 3 weeks later...