Tankfest 2013

Harold Jones

Taking the 1120 shuttle in Calais, the earlier time is 1329. Add half an hour for petrol, etc, and 1400 looks very likely. Any idea on how much time you'll spend at the airport before exiting?

Don't forget, the UK is running an hour earlier than us Continentals! I've just booked our Shuttle and it was somewhat amusing to see that we arrive 25 minutes before we depart.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taking the 1120 shuttle in Calais, the earlier time is 1329. Add half an hour for petrol, etc, and 1400 looks very likely. Any idea on how much time you'll spend at the airport before exiting?

Don't forget, the UK is running an hour earlier than us Continentals! I've just booked our Shuttle and it was somewhat amusing to see that we arrive 25 minutes before we depart.

I forgot.

However, I was wondering when we could have lunch with that schedule. Now, with an extra hour, for instance we could meet Fritz and have a late lunch while waiting, then.

update, after a period of "being too busy to organise anything" finally got a day free, so plotted with Sunday: I'll be going with him on Saturday, and i will take part in sunday and monday (IE Tankfest and Museum) programme, I will depart for Paris on Monay by train, eagerly awaiting Harold later on :)

Unfortunately july is going to be a busy month for us and I already booked a week of holidays in June, so I'll have to leave off a big part of the programme. On the plus side maybe I'll drag some more people along :)

OK finally booked at Ashford from 3rd to 5th, I leave in the afternoon on the 5th so perhaps I could take part in whatever is planned for earlier.

Argh. My boss is the very last speaker on the floor for the Conservatives this term on Friday afternoon of the last June week. I'll probably only get to leave from work at 1830. Good thing the Berlin cell is stopping over with Leo in Hannover that night, but we'll likely get there only after 2200 now.

That might actually not be a bad idea. I could bring my luggage to work, leave the suit jacket and tie at the office and walk across to Central Station.

Depending on the amount of luggage, you could even send the bulk of it by car, but that would complicate logistics a bit, from Dave's POV.

All I demand is copious amounts of photos. And if anyone gets backstage lookabouts, I want some photos of an FV4202. ;)

40 ton cent is a sad cent

:(

Nice to see Wargaming has the commander's hatch wrong like I've always said.

I think you are the one staying the most time away from home, so you'll need more cubage. You could, however, split your luggage in two parts, and leave the part you are not using for Tankfest at Heathrow.

If suitcase lenght is less than 105cm (about 41 inches) it could be stowed longitudinally and you will not have to worry.

Edited by sunday

It'll need brakes and lights, otherwise the notorious MOT police could have a day worth of remembering:

"There was that car, towing a oversized piece of luggage without the required lighting and that could not be, innit? So we stopped it to investigate, and found five lads inside, one Bulgarian, one Canadian, one Czech and two Spaniards, talking about the best tactics to win at some place called Malinovka..."

Perhaps that contramption used in some Centurions could be used.

Edited by sunday

Hm, is there anything to do in night London? Considering not going back by last EuroStar on 1st, but by first on 2nd (and straight into office) :)

EDIT: I guess I could try walking from Waterloo to St. Pancras, taking some pics of Belfast ont he way?

Edited by Tuccy

Anything to do in London? Tuccy you silly boy , London is one of the great cities of the world. Leaving aside strictly military stuff, there is the British Museum, the V&A, Greenwich, The Tower of London. The list goes on and on.

When I landed on the 20th my next flight was in some 8 hours, so I took the underground to South Kensington and spent some time in the Science museum. Was really tired though (could not sleep during the flight) so I didn't see any of the other museums there. Some other time I guess.

Anything to do in London? Tuccy you silly boy , London is one of the great cities of the world. Leaving aside strictly military stuff, there is the British Miseun, the V&A, Greenwich, The Tower of London. The list goes on and on.

Problem is Tuccy needs things to do from 0100 to 0500...

Anything to do in London? Tuccy you silly boy , London is one of the great cities of the world. Leaving aside strictly military stuff, there is the British Miseun, the V&A, Greenwich, The Tower of London. The list goes on and on.

Problem is Tuccy needs things to do from 0100 to 0500...

Ah, missed that. A walking tour of Soho perhaps? ;)