Albanian People's Army OOB 1989.

Hi mates, I finished APA OOB for 1989. but I cant upload document becouse I have uplod limit. Is here any one who could upload it, I would sent document by e mail. Document is in word and has 800 kB.

Perun, are you sure that Albania had 23mm ZU-23 twin towed AA gun?

Some additions - they also had 25mm M1940 AA guns

Also Infantry Bn is supposed to have Artillery Bn. Which guns were used in that one?

3 hours ago, bojan said:

Perun, are you sure that Albania had 23mm ZU-23 twin towed AA gun?

Some additions - they also had 25mm M1940 AA guns

Also Infantry Bn is supposed to have Artillery Bn. Which guns were used in that one?

They had ZU-23/2 but in small quantities.

Infantry battalion had artillery battery consisting of 4-6 x Type-56 recoilless rifle 75 mm

Edited by Perun

10 hours ago, Perun said:

They had ZU-23/2 but in small quantities.

I find that weird, they broke with Soviets before export of it has started and Chinese did not have it until much later, IIRC 1980s.

Infantry battalion had artillery battery consisting of 4-6 x Type-56 recoilless rifle 75 mm

Thank you

Also I think there is mistake under "Tanks", "Type-54" is noted, that should be "Type 59"

No problem mate, thank you for noticing and pointing mistakes :)

Yes, it should be Type-59. 

ZU-23/2 started production from 1960. and Albania freezed relations with USSR 1968. 

Edited by Perun

Checked it, first export I could find was in 1965., so in theory it is possibly they got some...

On 5/16/2022 at 9:59 PM, Perun said:

Very nice work, many thanks. Do you know why no tank divisions were fielded? I am surprised by the large number of tank brigades (12).

2 hours ago, bojan said:

Checked it, first export I could find was in 1965., so in theory it is possibly they got some...

I checked it again, ZU-23/2 was mentioned in Albanian inventory from early 60s but I didnt finde any pictures of it

2 hours ago, alejandro_ said:

Very nice work, many thanks. Do you know why no tank divisions were fielded? I am surprised by the large number of tank brigades (12).

Thanks. It was wery hard to finde source. Albanian Peoples Army didnt have tank divisions becouse it is mountain country. Primary task for Albanian armored units was fight against enemy air or / and sea landing operations. 

130mm M-46 or Chinese copy ( Type 59 IIRC ) . Barrel is pulled back for towing:

M-46-130mm-gun-batey-haosef-1.jpg

Edited by bojan

• 1 year later...
Posted (edited)

it shouldnt be a problem and the site offers many interesting documents and topics. Also there are manny experts

Edited by Perun