T-22Sr Mission Rigging & The Na Server?

jwduquette1

So the RU and EU server both announced they were handing out bans and removing the reward tank from those folks that were caught rigging/cheating. The RU even went as far as an official notification on the WoT forums that names all of the people that were caught cheating and subsequently banned.

Conversely the NA server has remained oddly mum on the subject. Presumably some clans were doing the same sort of rigging on the NA Servers?

The T-22sr rigging was specific to the "Rampage" game mode. But yeah the above video is a pretty good analogy. The T-22sr from many accounts is supposed to be the most OP tier 10 medium to ever hit the game. So a lot of players got very interested in owning one. It can only be obtained via completing a bunch of personal missions while in Rampage Mode.

The Rampage mode is somewhat unpopular. A lot of clans were able to take advantage of the lower player counts in Rampage to rig matches in ways similar to Harold's above video. Clan members counted on rampage matches being populated with mostly people from their own clan at any given time. But Occasionally an outsider or two would make it into these matches -yet the clan guys would still do their cheating and rigging routines.

Any whoo folks started submitting replays to WG of the match rigging. Big dumpster fire. The RU server came down pretty hard on the cheaters...handing out bans, removing reward tanks, and naming and shaming hundreds of culprits. EU also announced that it was schwacking it's cheater population with bans and reward tank removals. But not a peep from NA as to whether or not they are taking the same stance as RU and EU servers.

Edited by jwduquette1

Making an OP medium only attainable through a game mode no one likes (rather than fixing or removing the game mode and saving the medium for something else)? Sounds like typical idiotic WG design... :glare:

Keep in mind the history here. We know each server sort of runs their own game (the confusion and contradictory guidelines from NA and EU about legal/illegal mods a while back) yet at the same time still takes orders from WG HQ. In short... it's the worst possible way to run things. I wouldn't be surprised if NA is basically waiting to hear what they can do. Remember while NA is small WG makes far more per player over here and with the game numbers starting to dwindle maybe they don't want to be as harsh.

It is not that OP, it is pretty similar to 907...

:lol:

I remember when the 907 was coming out and folks started looking at it, in particular the armor layout, in the various model viewers out there. All this talk of "OP med" and "armor layout that was amazing". I played one game in it and shelved it and never saw it used in CWs except in joke battles afterwards. Probably similar, overhyped talk for this new vehicle then.

Think you hit a nail here, people look at armor layout and forget what that tank is facing...

lol -- simply fascinating that the "OP-ness" or non "OP-ness" of the tank got more replies than the subject itself. Wide spread, organized cheating apparently has considerably less interest. Wow...

Unfortunately it's fairly common in WG titles with the company seemingly having little interest in stopping it (and often the result of really shoddy programming on their part). Right around the time I left there was an issue in CW where one team could purposefully cause players on the other to disconnect and miss the battle. There's been the ongoing issue of mods from the very start and recently WG EU basically saying every mod is fine (there was one instance where a player reported himself for using an aimbot and nothing happened to him). Even on servers, like NA, where these mods were supposedly illegal they are still in widespread use. Mods that gave away map positioning (pinging destroyed structures like fences and walls on the minimap) are/were in widespread use even amongst top clans. There was a caller in my last clan who blatantly used one of these (which pissed me off and helped drive me away) and nearing the finals in one tournament I was in the opposing clan (G, the same one that had that one streamer temporarily banned in a fairly large bit of drama) was clearly using one as well. These players are in no danger of getting in trouble because WG has no way to know about it (unless they're idiots like the streamer and broadcast themselves using them).

Not necessarily cheating but CW has always been plagued by being more about backroom negotiations than by what actually happens when two teams meet (someone posted a video a couple years ago of one clan showing up for a fight when they were supposed to lose and an officer on the other side losing his shit in chat because they wouldn't stand down). This same issue plagued campaigns as well (such setups were technically cheating but happened all the time... teams had to show up and pretend to fight and lose in case someone at WG ended up watching the fight later).

There are more instances than this but this is all that I can recall off the top of my head. When I read your post I really wasn't surprised. It's really nothing new and in large part worse in WG products than others because they clearly don't even try to think of stopping this shit before it starts and barely react when it's called out.

Edited by Skywalkre

The problems you describe are far from being unique to WG productions. Every multiplayer online game I've seen sees the same type of cheating. Even if mods are difficult or impossible, there is nothing that can effectively be done to prevent collusion via communications out of band.

One or two free-to-play games I've played have seen farming engines for auto-grinding, accounts being "grown" to a certain level of maturity and sold on for $100s, deliberate server glitching via in-game chat to reset massed battles in favour of one side, out-and out theft via sniping bots in in-game auctions, etc, etc. The more egregious efforts tend to result in patches, but the evil ones always seem to find another loop-hole to exploit.

There is a never-ending tide of cheats and thieves - it's why in "the real world" we have police forces. People are, by and large, arseholes.

tl;dr: You can never stop it, and any efforts to intervene have to be cost effective.

• 3 months later...
The T-22 medium – the main reward for Personal Missions in Rampage – will remain on accounts of players that completed the missions by the time the mode and missions are disabled. However, the tank was designed for Rampage mode and our data shows that it significantly outperforms its peers in our other modes. For this reason, the T-22 medium will undergo rebalancing with the next update in order to make it more fitting for Random battles and other modes. As of the next update, there will be no way for players to earn the T-22 medium and we have no more plans to announce the tank's availability at this time. Given the rebalance, however, we may be able bring it back for future events.

LoL...Official Wargaming newsflash today.