Visiting Normandy and D Day Beaches for the First time, need advise on What to See and Do

Will be making a pilgrimage to the D Day sites in Normandy for the first time in my life. Looking forward to it, but unfortunately, not able to spend a month and a half there. LOL. Only have 3 days and part of a 4th day here.

The plan is to rent a car in Paris and drive out there. Will arrive in the area in the evening. Since I am a Canadian now, I plan to visit Beny Sur Mer Canadian Cemetery as a must do. I understand there is a Canadian monument at Les Place des Canadiens ( or something like that), which should be visited at night when it's lighted up. 

What other must see/do places that I should go to in these 3 days. I have ruled out Pont Du Hoc. Too far. And I need to devote at least half a day to go to Mont St Michel because the wife says so. LOL. Thanks in advance for any advise.

Mont Saint Michel is about 1:30 hours drive from the main landing sites, be it Sainte-Mère-Église, Caen, Omaha Beach and adjacent strips; note that Bayeux is right in the middle, and if you're into medieval tapestries, the Centre Guillaume le Conquérant is a non-WW2 must-see.

One guiding consideration should be when to arrive in Mont Saint Michel; you should consult tide tables for the time of your visit. Do you want to walk to the island, or take a boat? How much time do you want to spend there before walking/riding the boat back. This will dicate the time of day of your visit, which will probably apply hard constraints about visits and visiting times before or after this place.

58 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

Mont Saint Michel is about 1:30 hours drive from the main landing sites, be it Sainte-Mère-Église, Caen, Omaha Beach and adjacent strips; note that Bayeux is right in the middle, and if you're into medieval tapestries, the Centre Guillaume le Conquérant is a non-WW2 must-see.

One guiding consideration should be when to arrive in Mont Saint Michel; you should consult tide tables for the time of your visit. Do you want to walk to the island, or take a boat? How much time do you want to spend there before walking/riding the boat back. This will dicate the time of day of your visit, which will probably apply hard constraints about visits and visiting times before or after this place.

Thanks for the tip. I will check the tide table for sure. I would much rather walk over there. The Bayeaux tapestry is also on our to do list. 

I found the Mulberry museum at Arromanches very interesting. Some of the caissons are still in front of the beach.