South Korean K2

Catalan

from what i can peek, the changes seems mostly cosmetic, and minor.

the front mudflaps are angled on the PV

the stowage baskets on the turret opens outward on the PV, vs inward on the FTR, and theres 3 sliding handles vs 2 handlebars on the FTR.

PV also seems to have some sort of countermeasure device moved above each smoke grenade array, which is also slightly modified.

theres what seems like attachment lugs for equipment on the whole roof above the gun, as well as attachment lugs above the "ammunition stowage" location.

PV seems to have an extra slab of armour on the upper front hull.

on top of the gun mantle, theres additional protection, and the devices has changed their position, and an extra angled plate seems to have been added at the gunshield.

4 attachment lugs in front of the GPS, and some difference in the armour slabs on the left side of the gun cradle extrusion

thanks and there are some changes on front hull between two mudflaps :)

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The tank can kneel ?

Nice feature! :blink:

that feature is essential in S. Korean Army because more than 70% of our terriotory is mountainous terrains and very steep. tanks should fire from higher grounds toward much lower fileds.

Edited by level

1) How many rounds are in AL and how many in hull?

2) Is the hull ammo eqippied with blast doors?

3) What's that thing?

1) FWIW wiki says 16 in AL, 1 chambered and 23 in hull

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XK2

2) see above, people seem to think so from the pictures

3) looks like the rear view camera in a driver's remote camera system. Note there's another in front next to the left headlight. The control switches are labelled open/closed on the left, manual/automatic on the right.

Joe

Laser receiver of laser warning system / active countermesures system?

What is that (left to the left rear light)? Formation lights (like Russian T- series tanks)?

Edited by CV9030FIN

The tank crew going to office or will that be their new uniforms? :D

Somebody finally designed a useful urban cammo!

Looks like a hell of a nice tank- modern features, customized for Korea's terrain and challenges, unique approach.

1) FWIW wiki says 16 in AL, 1 chambered and 23 in hull

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XK2

2) see above, people seem to think so from the pictures

3) looks like the rear view camera in a driver's remote camera system. Note there's another in front next to the left headlight. The control switches are labelled open/closed on the left, manual/automatic on the right.

Joe

Thanks. Wiki article also says that it has 400 hp APU, can anyone confirm that? Does not sound reasonable. Even 40 hp is a bit too much.

Edited by gorf

Word to the wise, as an editor for Wikipedia and 'author' (main author at least) of the T-26 article, do not use Wikipedia as a source when looking at modern tanks (or most tanks at that) unless the are sourced. The only modern tank article that is really sources, but built on speculation, is the North Korean Ch'onma-ho article, also written by me. Thank God for James Warford's article published in Armor.

Word to the wise... do not use Wikipedia as a source ...

I edited your comment down to the bare essential ;) If you need to be reasonably sure something is true it's not the place, I don't care if somebody did some study saying it's more accurate than Britannica, I don't believe it. Not for stuff where speculation and misinformation are only natural. But, for lack of any other info it's 'here's what the answer *might* be'. On 16 rounds in XK-2 AL, 40 total, a non Wik Korean language site (page on 'powercorea') said that also, although that doesn't make it a fact either.

Joe

• 1 month later...
Some questions

1) How many rounds are in AL and how many in hull?

2) Is the hull ammo eqippied with blast doors?

3) What's that thing? http://sig.megapass.net/club/home1/archive.../3786_photo.gif

sorry for the late.

A1) 16 in Autoloader. total 40 rounds

A2) sorry, I got any info about that. It's not 100% publicised about XK-2 tank infos.

A3) CCD Camera

Laser receiver of laser warning system / active countermesures system?

What is that (left to the left rear light)? Formation lights (like Russian T- series tanks)?

It's laser warning receiver and I don't know about your second question. sorry. I'll ask my forum members about that. if there are answer I'll let you know.

Edited by level