Jump to content

Who am I and where am I calling from?


Geoff Winnington-Ball
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/13/2013 at 11:25 AM, AtikGuide1 said:

Name: AtikGuide1

Age: 44

Country: United States, northern Midwest

Service: None, though I respect the folks that serve and have served.

Interests: transportation and military history.

TankNet: I've been a long time lurker (since 2000 or so), and I decided it was time to quit lurking and reading and join the board. I once posted as CG96-something-or-other, but that was over a year ago.

There should be a long time lurker award!!

Welcome

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/11/2021 at 6:18 PM, Colin said:

There should be a long time lurker award!!

Welcome

Thank you.  I came across this board approximately 1999. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello to forum-mates from heart of Iran,

I'm here to bring back some old topics about my country to life, and if allowed, create new ones and share my knowledge with those who are interested in that.

Except any thing related to politics and politians, feel free to ask any question about History, Culture, Art, Food, Places to visit, etc. ...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 months later...

Name: Krystian

Age: 37

Country: Poland

Service: just a civvie, archaelogist by education, IT by occupation

Tanknet: I've been lurking on This Grate Site since I was a kid in late nineties. Finally whipped up the courage to register, might take another decade to actually post something ;)

 

Edited by Huba
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Welcome aboard, the 'free fire zone" is frisky but the history and AFV parts are very good. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/1/2021 at 4:10 PM, futon said:

Just a new account for the purpose of a new less telling user name.

So which user were you "before"?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/25/2022 at 12:45 PM, Huba said:

Name: Krystian

Age: 37

Country: Poland

Service: just a civvie, archaelogist by education, IT by occupation

Tanknet: I've been lurking on This Grate Site since I was a kid in late nineties. Finally whipped up the courage to register, might take another decade to actually post something ;)

 

Hadn't looked in here for awhile...

Another IT droid. TankNet has a better IT staff than most S&P 500 corporations.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Name: Lukas

Age: 40

Country: Poland

Service: Signals

Interest: MilitaryIT, Geosecurity, Geopolitics

Tanknet: Lurking around since 2014

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Name: Johannes

Age: 29

Country: Germany

Service: None, Software Developer for engineering applications

Interests: Technology, Military history, HEMA

I've been lurking here for a good number of years now. Often just read through interesting threads to benefit of the combined wealth of knowledge that is gathered in this forum. Also read the politics/current events threads to get an impression of international opinions (and most importantly to get the opinions of both sides in the respective issue)

The Ukraine thread prompted me to actually create an account, as there there is a lot of confusion around that topic and I thought here's a good place to ask If clarifications about the tanky side of things are required :)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Welcome one and all. It's a shame that it has taken the Ukraine war to bring you out of cover, but I'm glad that you're here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/22/2022 at 1:31 PM, BansheeOne said:

We need more wars of aggression in Europe, they do wonders for TankNet's long-lamented lack of new members.

I don't think "Liechtenstein invades Switzerland" will be interesting enough...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, RETAC21 said:

I don't think "Liechtenstein invades Switzerland" will be interesting enough...

But that could have tremendous effect on Czech - Liechtenstein conflict.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Name: Wyatt Borden 

Age: 18

Country: U.S.

Service: None

Interest: Military vehicles (AFVs, aircraft, vessels)

Tanknet: 2022

Comments: Am here to get help for a compendium/encyclopedia I am writing that's about protoype and experimental AFV's

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/8/2022 at 11:34 AM, wyatt b said:

Name: Wyatt Borden 

Age: 18

Country: U.S.

Service: None

Interest: Military vehicles (AFVs, aircraft, vessels)

Tanknet: 2022

Comments: Am here to get help for a compendium/encyclopedia I am writing that's about protoype and experimental AFV's

Welcome aboard, lot's of book authors on this site.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/10/2021 at 3:26 PM, Nemmexe said:

Hello to forum-mates from heart of Iran,

I'm here to bring back some old topics about my country to life, and if allowed, create new ones and share my knowledge with those who are interested in that.

Except any thing related to politics and politians, feel free to ask any question about History, Culture, Art, Food, Places to visit, etc. ...

Christianity?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Name: T.

Age: Middle.

Country: Far away.

Service: Militia, Republican Guard, Ministry for Emergency Situations. Currently inactive.

Interest: Varied.

Tanknet: A long time lurker for well over a decade.

Comments: N/A

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...