Moscow NAZI's

Mike1158

Because, well there is no thread for this so I started one.

More NAZI's in Russia (Moscow) than the rest of the planet going by the activity for a few decades now.  Pretty sure there is room to consider Vlad as one 'tache short of a NAZI wet dream.

Where do the operations of the new Reich in Russia, conform to the operations style of the old Reich?

I don't see a great deal of value for this being in any sub-forum other than the FFZ to be honest, as there's no military discussion to be had, just another topic where two or three people will shout at clouds for a while.

This is a straw man. In darn near any country there will be outliers, that is people who call themselves neo-Nazis or the like. Go to US prisons and there are a bunch. The question is are they accepted or utilized or positively sanctioned by a government. The Ukies had militias that had a nazi bent. I don't know how the Ukie gov't accepted them or not. They had difficulty dealing with them. 

Looking at social media for outliers in Russia is a false equivalence. It muddies the issue and provides a parity that doesn't exist. The Ukies have a neo-nazi problem. The Russians don't. They have their own issues that get minimized by distractions like this.

On 9/19/2023 at 1:18 AM, ex2cav said:

This is a straw man. In darn near any country there will be outliers, that is people who call themselves neo-Nazis or the like. Go to US prisons and there are a bunch. The question is are they accepted or utilized or positively sanctioned by a government. The Ukies had militias that had a nazi bent. I don't know how the Ukie gov't accepted them or not. They had difficulty dealing with them. 

Looking at social media for outliers in Russia is a false equivalence. It muddies the issue and provides a parity that doesn't exist. The Ukies have a neo-nazi problem. The Russians don't. They have their own issues that get minimized by distractions like this.

It's mainly a case of "whataboutism" - Russia can't be allowed to call Ukrainians Nazis when they have Nazis of their own, which is a variant of the "log in your own eye" argument. It has minimal value apart from the tendency for many (yes, obviously including me) to engage in fatuous debating techniques rather than trying to explore issues properly.

Russian nationalism (and many if not all of the militant nationalistic movements, worldwide) have common themes that align with at least some of the set of themes that the Nazis had. That's it. Using Nazi symbology almost certainly means that people of a particular bent align their own thoughts and processes with those Nazi themes with which they agree. Calling everyone who likes sharp uniforms a Nazi might be a bit extreme, though, and not everyone who believes in some mythically bestowed racial superiority necessarily wants to murder Jews, Gypsies and homosexuals. And so on.

Frankly, I tend to think of people who tattoo themselves with Nazi symbols to be mentally ill first and foremost.

It is just being amusingly hypocritical about Nazis when Moscow actually have more of them than Ukraine.

After all, the "special military operation" was (one reason told) for the "de-nazification" of Ukraine. Could have started within Russian borders first.

Anyways, every country have their neo-nazis, even Finland, but they tend to be very fringe people.