Jump to content

The Kremlin is burning?


X-Files

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, urbanoid said:

Ok then, let's assume that the march is stopped like they say. In the morning Putin promised to deal with the 'traitors', now he's cutting a deal with them via Lukashenka. I certainly can't imagine his position being strong after all that.

You can certainly not act like nothing happened after a couple thousand mercenary troops marched on Moscow against expressive orders in the middle of a war, got attacked by regular aviation which also blew up a fuel depot to avoid it being used, shot down half a dozen helicopters and an airborne command post, and interior forces tore up motorways and built up defensive positions outside Moscow while everyone with a private jet was fleeing the city.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Olof Larsson said:

It took Russia 16 months to advance 7 kilometers vs. Ukraine in Putins Blyatkrieg, but only a day to advance 500 kilometers in Prigozhins Vodka Run.

Easy to effect a breakthrough when all the combat power is forward and your force effects an about face retrograde movement. 
 

Did the entire Wagner force pull out of the line? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So, to some distress of people, seems Russophobia Happy Day is over.

Nevertheless, Putin's political capital has been reduced, and that Wagner guy could be seen as starting to have too much power.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Official:

 

* Charges dropped against Prigozhin, who will leave for Belarus
* Wagner fighters who didn't take part in the coup will sign contracts with the MoD, amnesty for the rest 

Edited by Strannik
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, rmgill said:

Easy to effect a breakthrough when all the combat power is forward and your force effects an about face retrograde movement. 
 

Did the entire Wagner force pull out of the line? 

To my understanding, they pulled them all out the line several weeks back, presumably  as a counter offensive force.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Strannik said:

Official:

 

* Charges dropped against Prigozhin, who will leave for Belarus
* Wagner fighters who didn't take part in the coup will sign contracts with the MoD, amnesty for the rest 

So, Prigzy is just a colossal moron after all. Well, I hope he enjoys the rest the (short) time he has left on this planet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, sunday said:

So, to some distress of people, seems Russophobia Happy Day is over.

Nevertheless, Putin's political capital has been reduced, and that Wagner guy could be seen as starting to have too much power.

Wagners influence is going to be reduced after this.      

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, txtree99 said:

Wagners influence is going to be reduced after this.      

It should. That does not mean it shall.

We will see how well centralized the Russian state is.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Stuart Galbraith said:

We have reached peak weird.

 

Stuart, for the love of God please do not throw down such a challenge to fate/karma/the universe. We've barely dodged murder hornets, monkeypox, and 50 years ago, polyester leisure suits. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Stuart Galbraith said:

 

13 kia in VKS, 15 kia total (not clear hiw two kia on ground happened).

Il-22 com bird

3 x Mi-8 EW

1 x regular Mi-8

1 x Ka-52

1 x Mi-35

1 x Mi-28 heavily damaged

Worst day for VKS since airborne command plane was shot down by Syrians.

Edited by bojan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, bojan said:

13 kia in VKS, 15 kia total (not clear hiw two kia on ground happened).

Il-22 com bird

3 x Mi-8 EW

1 x regular Mi-8

1 x Ka-52

1 x Mi-35

1 x Mi-28 heavily damaged

Worst day for VKS since airborne command plane was shot down by Syrians.

3 Mi8 EW variant, that's an enormous loss if true. They lost 2 earlier to that Ukrainian SAM ambush, and there aren't many.

Where was the damaged Mi-28 reported?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Josh said:

Weird that ECM aircraft suffered so heavily. That seems quite intentional. Not sure why.

I would guess that either it was intentional because those could potentially jam Wagner comms, or else it was semi-accidentally as those choppers happened to take off from the airbase in order to escape and Wagner air defence saw a threat (they could have been armed helos about to attack, I suppose a Pantsir or Strela operator wouldn't know in advance).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Wouter2 said:

3 Mi8 EW variant, that's an enormous loss if true. They lost 2 earlier to that Ukrainian SAM ambush, and there aren't many.

Where was the damaged Mi-28 reported?

https://t.me/milhelipilot/1281

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...