The Kremlin is burning?

X-Files

11 minutes ago, RETAC21 said:

WTF-Are-you-serious-meme-24189 – HelloTitoune

Pakistan and India are not allied to anyone, they just look after themselves and occasionally, their interest are aligned with someone else. Pakistan, specifically, is only interested in stirring shit up in India and "influencing" Afghanistan. This is now, in the last 30 years and during the Soviet intervention.

https://www.brookings.edu/articles/pakistans-role-in-the-afghanistan-wars-outcome/

Note the 2010 date, the conclusions are wrong, but note that Pakistan's role is the same.

See Major non-NATO ally - Wikipedia - Pakistan is in the same list as New Zealand. Yes briliant politics of US&Co have made Pakistan de-facto enemy of US ( "The conflicts sharply soured the public opinion in both nations, with public opinion of each nation ranking the other as one of the least favored countries in 2013.[8][9] As of 2014, 59% of Pakistanis consider the United States to be an enemy, reduced from 74% in 2012.[10][11][12] The Pakistanis have the least favorable view of US compared with 39 countries in the world surveyed by Pew.[13] US favorability has ranged between 10% (2002) to 23% (2005) in Pakistan between 1999 and 2013.[14] A Gallup poll showed that more than 72% of Pakistanis thought the United States was an enemy rather than a friend of Pakistan. Pakistan–United States relations - Wikipedia ) but it is not surprising - the same happened in Russia, for example.)

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Roman Alymov said:

See Major non-NATO ally - Wikipedia - Pakistan is in the same list as New Zealand. Yes briliant politics of US&Co have made Pakistan de-facto enemy of US ( "The conflicts sharply soured the public opinion in both nations, with public opinion of each nation ranking the other as one of the least favored countries in 2013.[8][9] As of 2014, 59% of Pakistanis consider the United States to be an enemy, reduced from 74% in 2012.[10][11][12] The Pakistanis have the least favorable view of US compared with 39 countries in the world surveyed by Pew.[13] US favorability has ranged between 10% (2002) to 23% (2005) in Pakistan between 1999 and 2013.[14] A Gallup poll showed that more than 72% of Pakistanis thought the United States was an enemy rather than a friend of Pakistan. Pakistan–United States relations - Wikipedia ) but it is not surprising - the same happened in Russia, for example.)

And? that shows what? the Pakistani elite has always had one priority: India. "alliance" with the US is incidental, it's useful only if it serves them and otherwise it's ignored. What has Pakistan ever done for the US? and that goes back to 1947, BTW.

India is no different but their relationship with the USSR and Russia was/is merely transactional.

1 hour ago, Roman Alymov said:

A New Russia Has Emerged

The Volgograd District Court sentenced 23-year-old blogger from Samara Alena Agafonova to ten months in a correctional facility and a two-year ban on using social networks.

She was found guilty of rehabilitating Nazism ...

... because she was videotaped tickling the breast of the “The Fatherland is Calling!” monument.

https://74.ru/text/world/2024/04/06/73431323/

Stalin would be thrilled.

656x438_1:5663_6940e49c7d44d9f3867f8d089

29 minutes ago, RETAC21 said:

And? that shows what?

Note it was not me who said that "major non-NATO ally" status shows nothing - while it is me here who is repeatedly labeled "Russian propagandist" and is supposed to be underminging West influence:) 

1 minute ago, Roman Alymov said:

Note it was not me who said that "major non-NATO ally" status shows nothing - while it is me here who is repeatedly labeled "Russian propagandist" and is supposed to be underminging West influence:) 

I don't know what point you are making there, the point is?

58 minutes ago, Stefan Kotsch said:

The Volgograd District Court sentenced 23-year-old blogger from Samara Alena Agafonova to ten months in a correctional facility and a two-year ban on using social networks.

She was found guilty of rehabilitating Nazism ...

... because she was videotaped tickling the breast of the “The Fatherland is Calling!” monument.

https://74.ru/text/world/2024/04/06/73431323/

Stalin would be thrilled.

656x438_1:5663_6940e49c7d44d9f3867f8d089

First, your translation is wrong: she was sentenced not to "to ten months in a correctional facility "

Yandex-translated from your link "The punishment for her was 10 months of correctional labor with deduction of 10% of her earnings to the state income. She was also banned from blogging for two years. The measure of restraint was also changed from detention to a recognizance not to leave. The handcuffs were removed from her, releasing her from custody in the courtroom." (Наказанием для нее стали 10 месяцев исправительных работ с удержанием 10% заработка в доход государства. Также ей на два года запретили заниматься блогерством. Меру пресечения также изменили с содержания под стражей на подписку о невыезде. Наручники с нее сняли, освободив ее из-под стражи в зале суда.)

Was it yor mistake or attempt disinform This Great Forum members  - is up to you.

Practicly this sentence means she will be working on public works (usually street cleaning or work in hospital etc.) and even paid for that.  Note she would be living at home. Not so bad for a person who was doing nothing in her life except awkward attempts to became famous (according to your article, she self-described as "pure hedonist"). Now she is famous, so high time to proceed to doing something useful. With two year ban on blogging, she may find time for something useful like finding the job, starting family, having children etc.

Not sure as if Stalin would be thrilled, but surely her father would be satisfied (as her mother died few years ago).

Edited by Roman Alymov

21 minutes ago, RETAC21 said:

I don't know what point you are making there, the point is?

There were repeated claims here that Russia will attack this or that NATO country to demonstrate to global community that West (mostly, US) is no more global policeman. Well, now you said it is ALLREADY well known fact - and it means this concept of "war do demonstrate..." is not viable.

Interesting development: 3000 men strong detachment of former Wagner, headed by famous Aleksey "Ratibor" Kuznetsov (the man who was in charge of retaking Palmira and raising flag in Artyomovsk/Bakhmut) is to join Akhmad force (under banners of Rus MoD) https://t.me/RKadyrov_95/4648

"Akhmad" units (that are allready mostly non-Chechen in ethnic sence) are becoming less and less "Chechen" and more and more becoming undistinguishable from other parts of Russian Army,

14 minutes ago, Roman Alymov said:

There were repeated claims here that Russia will attack this or that NATO country to demonstrate to global community that West (mostly, US) is no more global policeman. Well, now you said it is ALLREADY well known fact - and it means this concept of "war do demonstrate..." is not viable.

There are claims about a lot of things, but the role of "West" (you mean US, but nevermind...) as global policeman ended up in 1999 in Kosovo.

Russia's aims are just imperialistic, despite your attempt at whitewashing it as a "civil war". You inability (time and again) to pinpoint at which point what you consider that "Russia" ends clearly is a matter of concerns for Russia's neighbors, because Russia has demonstrated a willingness to disregard the treaties that Russia signed with these countries and other powers.

This is not new, I will just point out that, at the end of the Cold War in 1990, the first thing Russia's neighbors did was to rearm themselves and modernize their armies, and only later, when Russia messed up itself, was the peace dividend taken.

Why Russians feel that they need to demonstrate that they are a great power at the expense of others because Russia Stronk is what leads Russia on the path of failure time and again.

5 minutes ago, RETAC21 said:

There are claims about a lot of things, but the role of "West" (you mean US, but nevermind...) as global policeman ended up in 1999 in Kosovo.

Russia's aims are just imperialistic, despite your attempt at whitewashing it as a "civil war". You inability (time and again) to pinpoint at which point what you consider that "Russia" ends clearly is a matter of concerns for Russia's neighbors, because Russia has demonstrated a willingness to disregard the treaties that Russia signed with these countries and other powers.

This is not new, I will just point out that, at the end of the Cold War in 1990, the first thing Russia's neighbors did was to rearm themselves and modernize their armies, and only later, when Russia messed up itself, was the peace dividend taken.

Why Russians feel that they need to demonstrate that they are a great power at the expense of others because Russia Stronk is what leads Russia on the path of failure time and again.

Please excuse me for saving my typing by addressing you to my earlier post from today that contains two articles/notes  that might give you the idea how wrong you are

14 minutes ago, Roman Alymov said:

Please excuse me for saving my typing by addressing you to my earlier post from today that contains two articles/notes  that might give you the idea how wrong you are

I am so wrong that I told you 2 years ago that Russia cannot win this war and it still is unable to win the war.

Just now, RETAC21 said:

I am so wrong that I told you 2 years ago that Russia cannot win this war and it still is unable to win the war.

This war is allready 10 yerars long and got no sign of ending soon - so let's wait and see. 

1 minute ago, Stuart Galbraith said:

More like 20, one way or another.

See in another thread, today is 10 years since SBU HQ in Lugansk captured by protestors. What date are you counting 20 years from?

2 hours ago, Roman Alymov said:

This war is allready 10 yerars long and got no sign of ending soon - so let's wait and see. 

I think it will end quickly. Media reports indicate that NATO is willing to hand over the Eastern oblasts of the Ukraine for NATO membership of the western part. This is a deal the pro-West party in Russia would probably accept.

1 hour ago, Roman Alymov said:

See in another thread, today is 10 years since SBU HQ in Lugansk captured by protestors. What date are you counting 20 years from?

Orange revolution? How quickly they forget. :D

36 minutes ago, Stuart Galbraith said:

Orange revolution? How quickly they forget. :D

So called "Orange revolution" of 2004 was just another act of Oligarch infight on post-Soviet space, where traditional contradictions between "East" and "West" of Ukraine were leveraged by rivaling Oligarch groups to achieve own interests. Note BOTH sides of this "revolution" were Western-controlled (as their money were in Western hands). So no reason to start the count of years of war from this point - more logical starting point is USSR collapse.

7 hours ago, Mistral said:

Equipment left behind begs to differ. Or we have such short memory

Incompetence in the White House nothing to do with reasons for evacuating.

7 hours ago, Roman Alymov said:

.......... rebels supported by nobody ............

I have already been over this before. Taleban were and still are a mercenary army fully supported by Pakistan. 

4 minutes ago, JWB said:

I have already been over this before. Taleban were and still are a mercenary army fully supported by Pakistan. 

See above, but rven if it is true  - you mean mighty superpower Pakistan have successfully defeated US&Co?

8 minutes ago, Roman Alymov said:

See above, but rven if it is true ........

Is true:

How the Taliban Conquered Afghanistan - The New York Times

"That included 10,000 to 20,000 Afghan volunteers sent from Pakistan......."

9 minutes ago, Roman Alymov said:

.......... you mean mighty superpower Pakistan have successfully defeated US&Co?

No again no! NATO left because there was no reason to stay. NATO invaded to killl bin Laden and his gang. NATO stayed another 10 years because nobody knew what to do after that. Think of that war as a 20 year long raid that went on for a decade too long.

3 hours ago, JWB said:

Is true:

How the Taliban Conquered Afghanistan - The New York Times

"That included 10,000 to 20,000 Afghan volunteers sent from Pakistan......."

Let's look at numbers: "Total Afghan Armed Forces manpower was approximately 186,000 as of 2021." (History of the Afghan Armed Forces (2002–2021) - Wikipedia)

"It was reported in August 2022 the total number of the Afghan National Police was nearly 200,000.[27] The same was reported in April 2023.[1] It was announced in 2011 that the force would reach 160,000 by the end of 2014.[28][29] In September 2013, it was reported at 157,000.[30]" (Afghan National Police - Wikipedia)

As we see, combined number of armed Afghans alone on side of US&Co was supposed to be about 400 000, all of then US-equiped and trained, so even 20 000 volunteers from Pakistan are just about 5% of this number. And note we are not even started calculating US&Co troops. 

3 hours ago, JWB said:

No again no! NATO left because there was no reason to stay. NATO invaded to killl bin Laden and his gang. NATO stayed another 10 years because nobody knew what to do after that. Think of that war as a 20 year long raid that went on for a decade too long.

As for me, it reminds me pro-Ukrainian (and Western) claims of how Bakhmut is strategically meaningless.

16 hours ago, Roman Alymov said:

So called "Orange revolution" of 2004 was just another act of Oligarch infight on post-Soviet space, where traditional contradictions between "East" and "West" of Ukraine were leveraged by rivaling Oligarch groups to achieve own interests. Note BOTH sides of this "revolution" were Western-controlled (as their money were in Western hands). So no reason to start the count of years of war from this point - more logical starting point is USSR collapse.

Well you probably ought to have a word with Vlad about it, because he was convinced it was a CIA backed coup, something that had nothing to do with Oligarchs.You know, I would have a word with Dr Morrell to reduce the Fuhrers bull testosterone intake, its clearly impairing his judgement.

I do love Russian conspiracy theory, although I wonder at the energy requred to suspend disbelief in such dramatic fashion. I cant help but think it would be a lot easier to join us all in reality.