The Kremlin is burning?

X-Files

29 minutes ago, Stuart Galbraith said:

Are flamethrowers difficult to construct for a novice? Asking for a friend.

I think the "flamethrower" report is just someone mistaking a weapon-mounted flashlight for a flame. It looked weird in one of the videos but it was just the light reflecting off the smoke.

Edited by Der Zeitgeist

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Mighty_Zuk said:

Seems the attackers imitate islamist tactics, while the FSB would likely try to adopt a unique pattern they could coin as Ukrainian.

Yeah, it's most likely an actual IS-K attack. Question is, what will the Russians turn it into?

48 minutes ago, crazyinsane105 said:

The attackers are being described as bearded. This seems like it might be related to the U.S. warning of two weeks ago. Perhaps this is truly Chechen related.

4 minutes ago, BansheeOne said:

In 1964, a deranged German metal worker and wartime Luftwaffe ordnance NCO built himself one from an insecticide sprayer and used it, along with an also self-made lance, to commit a school massacre near Cologne, killing eight students and two teachers, with another 22 suffering severe burns.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cologne_school_massacre

Jesus Christ.

2 minutes ago, Der Zeitgeist said:

I think the "flamethrower" report is just someone mistaking a weapon-mounted flashlight for a flame. It looked weird in one of the videos but it was just the light reflecting off the smoke.

Perhaps, but there is a big fire burning in the facility, so there was some kind of incendiary device.

3 minutes ago, Stuart Galbraith said:

Perhaps, but there is a big fire burning in the facility, so there was some kind of incendiary device.

I think Molotov cocktails are more likely.

27 minutes ago, Josh said:

The attackers are being described as bearded. This seems like it might be related to the U.S. warning of two weeks ago. Perhaps this is truly Chechen related.

Agreed. This is something Chechens tend to do in Russia. Given that Russia’s entire intelligence apparatus is focusing on Ukraine, they probably lost sight of other threats 

25 minutes ago, Josh said:

It seems like they at least wanted to make it look like it was Islamist…

You know, I'm perfectly  capable of believing the FSB could do anything, but I honestly  think even they would struggle to sink this low.

7 minutes ago, Stuart Galbraith said:

You know, I'm perfectly  capable of believing the FSB could do anything, but I honestly  think even they would struggle to sink this low.

I agree; I just like to use caution before making conclusions. Chechens seem like the most likely option, if I was a betting man.

36 minutes ago, Stuart Galbraith said:

Yes the speed of fire spreading is remarkable: this shopping mall/concert hall/exebition hall compex is relatively new, complete with all bells ans whistles of fire alarms etc., so strange it was so quick. I have visited it numerous times.

I happened to pass the subway station inside this mall twice - about 15 minutes after reported time of first shots and about 30 minutes later, both time everything was surprisingly calm, no people rushing in or our, no even smell of smoke. Moscow is surprisingly calm (the same way as it was calm in time of Islamist bombing campaign years ago). Will see what investigation will show.

48 minutes ago, Der Zeitgeist said:

Indeed, on another video the one carrying it can be seen reloading an AK, it's a flashlight reflecting on something (a bayonet?)

image.png.8d4a44c1c8ebb4ae884bec3fc06ef31f.pngimage.png.1ee0f76dc75c40a33aac0bd579e5f116.png 

Edited by RETAC21

5 minutes ago, Josh said:

I agree; I just like to use caution before making conclusions. Chechens seem like the most likely option, if I was a betting man.

Attackers on videos i have seen do not look like Chechens, more like Tajiks. 

7 hours ago, Stuart Galbraith said:

You missed the story of the Russian Paedophile whom subsequently married his victim (he carried on banging her teenage underage friends), then several years later murdered her father after an argument? Then he goes to war in Ukraine, has 10 years taken off his sentence, then is extolled for his virtue in fighting the Ukrainians when he comes back. His ex wife had a few choice words to say about there.

There are so many heartwarming tales from this war.

Exclude "Ukraine" part from this story - will it became any better? Some people are corrected by prison, others are not - only became worse. Some are corrected by life-changing event like big war, others are not. At least, this particular guy have done something useful in his life and got a chance to start new one. Will he put it to good use? No idea.

20 minutes ago, Roman Alymov said:

Yes the speed of fire spreading is remarkable: this shopping mall/concert hall/exebition hall compex is relatively new, complete with all bells ans whistles of fire alarms etc., so strange it was so quick. I have visited it numerous times.

I happened to pass the subway station inside this mall twice - about 15 minutes after reported time of first shots and about 30 minutes later, both time everything was surprisingly calm, no people rushing in or our, no even smell of smoke. Moscow is surprisingly calm (the same way as it was calm in time of Islamist bombing campaign years ago). Will see what investigation will show.

Your builders probably built it with the same shit with which we plastered Grenfell tower. Sometimes Communists really did know better.

39 minutes ago, crazyinsane105 said:

Agreed. This is something Chechens tend to do in Russia. Given that Russia’s entire intelligence apparatus is focusing on Ukraine, they probably lost sight of other threats 

I do not remember when it was last time Chechens were found involved in organised Islamist crime in Russia. They are an mass too well off for that.  Most of Islamists now are guys from Central Asia, young, poor and angry.

2 hours ago, crazyinsane105 said:

Massive attack reported in Moscow theater 

Hundreds reported to be dead 

It is not theater, more like massive shopping mall with excebition halls and concert hall.

9 minutes ago, Stuart Galbraith said:

Your builders probably built it with the same shit with which we plastered Grenfell tower. Sometimes Communists really did know better.

No idea, but still strange. This complex is owned by ethnic Azeri businessman by the way, and named after Muslim Magomayev, famous Soviet singer, also Azeri.

Also it is the same hall where in 2013 "Miss Universe" contest was attended by Donald Trump.

Edited by Roman Alymov

28 minutes ago, Dark_Falcon said:

ISIS/Daesh is now claiming responsibility for the terror attack in Moscow:

Oh shit. The joke is even worse than I thought. Revenge?