Church Wars (From: Culture Wars)

Murph

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

58 minutes ago, Murph said:

Not likely with the wife, and I really don't need to go and get my expectations met....  So I will just keep being a heathen.

A Roman Catholic one, of course. She should agree with that.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Murph said:

Another reason why mainstream denominations have been taken over by the Devil:

FvJsWrcagAAFAq0?format=jpg&name=small

This, among many other sinful reasons is why the Global Methodist Church split from the United Methodist Church.

Why are they so stupid and do not see what they are doing?  Why do they so disregard everything that allegedly makes one a Christian in favor of lefty causes?  The Church is dead.  

3 minutes ago, Murph said:

Why are they so stupid and do not see what they are doing?  Why do they so disregard everything that allegedly makes one a Christian in favor of lefty causes?  The Church is dead.  

Entering the popularity contest? Universities and companies are going woke, even some militaries do, why not some churches? 

55 minutes ago, urbanoid said:

Entering the popularity contest? Universities and companies are going woke, even some militaries do, why not some churches? 

I wondr when the mosques will be approached 

1 hour ago, NickM said:

I wonder when the mosques will be approached 

I'd imagine that wouldn't go over very well. Same with approaching the more conservative Christian denominations. 

Can you picture that lot approaching the Amish or a group of fundamentalist Pentecostal snake handlers and suggesting they have a tranny minister?

Edited by 17thfabn

18 hours ago, Murph said:

The Church is dead.  

No, the gates of Hell shall not prevail against it.  But there will come false teachers, and people with itchy ears will listen to them and be led to destruction.  We know to expect this.

No Steven, the Church as we know it is dead.  It will not come back.  Now what might or might not arise from the ashes of evil, who can tell.  I am waiting for the Catholic Church to offer abortions on the high altar as "sacred dancers" dance around the corpse of the fetus.  I am waiting for the various Protestant Churches to offer child genital mutilation services at the high altar.  The Church is dead.

1 hour ago, Murph said:

No Steven, the Church as we know it is dead.  It will not come back.  Now what might or might not arise from the ashes of evil, who can tell.  I am waiting for the Catholic Church to offer abortions on the high altar as "sacred dancers" dance around the corpse of the fetus.  I am waiting for the various Protestant Churches to offer child genital mutilation services at the high altar.  The Church is dead.

And that is also the fault of the church. If you go by: "Do as I say, do not do as I do" you loose the moral authority a church needs. Paedophilia seems as least as accepted within the Catholic Church as by the woke left.   

1 hour ago, seahawk said:

And that is also the fault of the church. If you go by: "Do as I say, do not do as I do" you loose the moral authority a church needs. Paedophilia seems as least as accepted within the Catholic Church as by the woke left.   

I cannot argue with you at all.

Sad part is one of the former priests at the Church I used to attend got arrested for just that....   He had been protected by various Bishops and Archbishops.  Sometimes it seems more like they are determined to not bring any scandals, rather than getting ahead of it by showing they are getting rid of the bad apples.

10 minutes ago, Murph said:

Sad part is one of the former priests at the Church I used to attend got arrested for just that....   He had been protected by various Bishops and Archbishops.  Sometimes it seems more like they are determined to not bring any scandals, rather than getting ahead of it by showing they are getting rid of the bad apples.

Yes, then there are bad apples like McCarrick that infiltrated the highest offices of the RCC. This is a war for the souls of human beings and, as in any war, there are defeats.

However, Church law is still against those things, while there are people trying to make those abominations into law in several countries. So there is a difference.

You have a point, but it seems like the administration of the church from the Pope on down no longer care about actually living what the Church teaches instead it is whatever left wing cause de jour.  Canon law seems to be more ignored than followed.  

11 minutes ago, Murph said:

You have a point, but it seems like the administration of the church from the Pope on down no longer care about actually living what the Church teaches instead it is whatever left wing cause de jour.  Canon law seems to be more ignored than followed.  

Well, there have been better Popes, also there have been worse Popes.

Still Mother Church has endured for a couple of millennia.