Jan 6 Committee

MiloMorai

Jan. 6 witness: Trump 'detached from reality' over election (msn.com)

'Detached from reality': Trump insiders worked to convince him he lost (msn.com)

Donald Trump Indictment Only Option for DOJ After Jan. 6 Hearings—Kirschner (msn.com)

A Drunk Rudy Giuliani, Bill Barr Ridicules '2000 Mules' and Other Jan. 6 Hearings Day 2 Highlights (msn.com)

The second public hearing lays it out pretty clearly that those who believe the 2020 election was rigged got conned. Never mind the grift of $250,000,000 

in donations that was to be used to prove election fraud that was never used for that purpose. Kimberly Guilfoyle, Donald Trump Jr.'s fiance, was paid $60,000 for her "two-minute" speech on the Ellipse on Jan. 6.

Edited by MiloMorai

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If there was enough evidence to support prosecuting Trump he would be already wearing a jump suit matching his hair. The hearings are nothing more than a show trial and a very bad one at that. You know its bad when the Babylon Bee comes up with the only way they can get people to watch it. https://babylonbee.com/news/miley-cyrus-to-perform-halftime-show-at-jan-6-committee-hearings

Soviet like. The "protests" promoted by Democratic Party operatives in the summer of 2020 were much nearer to damage the Republic than a bunch of clowns.  

In a country awash with evil weapons so say the Democrats a bunch of people with no guns, no plan and for most part not violent can throw the government out...

Shrodinger's Coup equipment

You simultaneously need...
...some horns and face paint and  sticks to overthrow the government...

AND

....you also need Nukes, tanks and F-16s to overthrow the government. 

2 hours ago, rmgill said:

Shrodinger's Coup equipment

You simultaneously need...
...some horns and face paint and  sticks to overthrow the government...

AND

....you also need Nukes, tanks and F-16s to overthrow the government. 

I'll give you Ryan, that is a humorous observation. :D

Above all else, I aim to have a Douglas Adams level of irony in my worldview. 

Now where's my bloody towel. Oh there it is. 

Edited by rmgill

12 hours ago, MiloMorai said:

I see that a lot of that extra special Kool-Aid is being drunk.

They're trying too hard Milo.  The idea they're trying to peddle, that Trump knew he'd lost the election - it's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.  

11 minutes ago, glenn239 said:

They're trying too hard Milo.  The idea they're trying to peddle, that Trump knew he'd lost the election - it's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.  

Even his daughter told him he had lost.

45 minutes ago, Wobbly Head said:

Sure Trump shoveled some BS

That some BS is destroying the USofA and will spread to other democratic countries.

2 hours ago, MiloMorai said:

Even his daughter told him he had lost.

That some BS is destroying the USofA and will spread to other democratic countries.

Even with all of Trumps BS and there was a lot, the buck did stop there. With Biden its roll D20 to see what left wing faction is holding the ice cream scoop. It is also not being helped by them thinking they are smarter and the average voter is too stupid to understand what they are doing. Then doubling down on the stupid when their smarter policies don't work. The  polls reflect that the average voter does understand and is not happy.

On 6/15/2022 at 8:47 AM, Wobbly Head said:

Even with all of Trumps BS and there was a lot, the buck did stop there. With Biden its roll D20 to see what left wing faction is holding the ice cream scoop.

Huh?  Is this a reference to that notion you see on here that Biden is a puppet and some folks in a dark room smoking cigars are calling all the shots?  That notion has as much evidence as the stolen election... 🙄

On 6/15/2022 at 8:47 AM, Wobbly Head said:

It is also not being helped by them thinking they are smarter and the average voter is too stupid to understand what they are doing. Then doubling down on the stupid when their smarter policies don't work. The  polls reflect that the average voter does understand and is not happy.

The polls reflect that we're going through the worst inflation in 40 years and it's not going anywhere.  What's remarkable to me is how with that being the case Biden is only barely below where Trump was at this point in his Presidency (39.9% to 42.1% per 538's tracker).  You'd think Biden's numbers would be lower.

41 minutes ago, Skywalkre said:

Huh?  Is this a reference to that notion you see on here that Biden is a puppet and some folks in a dark room smoking cigars are calling all the shots?  That notion has as much evidence as the stolen election... 🙄

Naah. Just the White house chief of staff at meetings, his son, Kamala and other folks saying "hey lets do X!" and then prodding him in the right way or just doing it and saying "sign here sir" like Radar to Colonel Blake.

41 minutes ago, Skywalkre said:

The polls reflect that we're going through the worst inflation in 40 years and it's not going anywhere.  What's remarkable to me is how with that being the case Biden is only barely below where Trump was at this point in his Presidency (39.9% to 42.1% per 538's tracker).  You'd think Biden's numbers would be lower.

With the media to prop Biden up, imagine if it was hyper critical of him. I bet you could track the media's green lighting of negative stories on him track part of the downwards progression of the approval rating. 

In its latest public hearing on Thursday, the House select committee investigating the Capitol insurrection zeroed in on former President Donald Trump’s effort to pressure his vice president, Mike Pence, to overturn Joe Biden’s 2020 election victory.

Following opening remarks from the committee Chairman Bennie Thompson and Vice Chair Liz Cheney, Rep. Pete Aguilar, D-Calif., took the lead, along with the panel’s senior investigative counsel, John Wood, in questioning witnesses and presenting the committee’s examination of the origins of a strategy pushed by lawyer John Eastman that Pence could unilaterally reject electoral votes cast in several states Trump lost, and how Trump’s relentless pressure campaign to convince Pence to do so put him in danger on Jan. 6.

Aguilar said the committee’s probe found that the crowds both inside and outside the Capitol surged immediately after the president’s tweet, and presented video footage taken in the moments after 2:24 p.m. that showed rioters reacting angrily to the news that Pence had refused to send electoral votes back to the states. Aguilar also cited a recent court filing from the Justice Department's criminal case against members of the Proud Boys, which quotes an anonymous FBI informant who said that members of the far-right extremist group who were at the Capitol on Jan. 6 “would’ve killed Mike Pence if given the chance.”

“Make no mistake about the fact that the vice president’s life was in danger,” Aguilar said.

Jan. 6 hearing: Key takeaways from 3rd day of testimony on Capitol attack [Video] (aol.com)

Trump again shows loyalty is only one way with him.

1 hour ago, MiloMorai said:

Following opening remarks from the committee Chairman Bennie Thompson and Vice Chair Liz Cheney, Rep. Pete Aguilar, D-Calif., took the lead, along with the panel’s senior investigative counsel, John Wood, in questioning witnesses and presenting the committee’s examination of the origins of a strategy pushed by lawyer John Eastman that Pence could unilaterally reject electoral votes cast in several states Trump lost, and how Trump’s relentless pressure campaign to convince Pence to do so put him in danger on Jan. 6.

Had Pence done what Trump had demanded, then the Democrats would have rejected Trump's opportunistic interpretation of the Constitution and immediately launched an appeal.  I have no doubt that the Supreme Court would have quickly ruled against Trump and overruled Pence in favor of Biden being confirmed as President.  I doubt Biden's swearing into office would have been delayed even by one hour.  

In terms of responsibility, Trump was reckless to hold a rally in Washington and they need to get to the bottom of why the Capital buildings were not adequately garrisoned.  They also need to identify all informants and agents of any agency that when to the barricades or into the Capital that day.  Since these are all issues that the Democrats will not address, it will require a GOP victory in the 2022 mid-terms to redirect the investigation into these questions.  

Edited by glenn239

I think the GOP should conduct investigations into Obamacare, the gun control efforts, Fast and Furious and a host of other things. If the left wants to use impeachment as a political axe, they best beware of what that means. 

26 minutes ago, rmgill said:

I think the GOP should conduct investigations into Obamacare, the gun control efforts, Fast and Furious and a host of other things. If the left wants to use impeachment as a political axe, they best beware of what that means. 

Did any of those mentioned put democracy in danger like what Trump did leading up to and on Jan 6?

1 hour ago, MiloMorai said:

Did any of those mentioned put democracy in danger like what Trump did leading up to and on Jan 6?

Well the gun control efforts were a direct assault on a fundamental right and Fast and furious was arming a direct enemy of the United states. Be careful what you wish for as there is a lot of historical evidence off laws passed by one party being used against them when they become the opposition. Google funny mustached Germans for more information.

4 hours ago, MiloMorai said:

Considering how the DNC 'elects' it's presidential nominees, does that count? 

You do understand the whole "super delegate" issue right? 

On 6/16/2022 at 1:55 PM, rmgill said:

Naah. Just the White house chief of staff at meetings, his son, Kamala and other folks saying "hey lets do X!" and then prodding him in the right way or just doing it and saying "sign here sir" like Radar to Colonel Blake.

POTUS has a myriad of counselors, advisors, close friends, department heads, SMEs, etc. that routinely advise them on every matter they attend to.  This has been going on for a very long time regardless of what letter is behind the POTUS' name.  It's... fascinating... to see some of you all try to warp this into something sinister when it's just normal day-to-day operations.  🙄

On 6/16/2022 at 1:55 PM, rmgill said:

With the media to prop Biden up, imagine if it was hyper critical of him. I bet you could track the media's green lighting of negative stories on him track part of the downwards progression of the approval rating. 

Couple issues with this.  First, in this day and age no one is sitting in front of a screen, with their eyelids held open, forcibly made to watch news they don't want to.  Sadly, in this day and age, folks find the news they want to see.  (That's why it's so amusing to see some of you jump on here after a major news story and say some BS like "YOU WON'T SEE THIS ON THE LEFTIST NEWS..." when it actually is there. 🤣 )

Second, I'm in full agreement that the major media outlets lean Left... but even then they are still critical at times of 'their guy'.  Biden's admin has been raked over the coals over Afghanistan, Inflation, COVID, you name it.  Believe it or not there are some good journalists out there.  (It's a painfully small list, but still...)

On 6/17/2022 at 9:43 AM, rmgill said:

There were hearings on F&F... and from what I was reading the Benghazi hearings were longer and cost more than these Jan 6 hearings.  These hearings aren't in and of themselves anything inappropriate or out of the norm.  Amusing for you also to be throwing out that last sentence when we had the impeachment proceedings for Clinton just over two decades ago.

Honestly the only issue I have with these hearings is how they're set up.  I was listening to an interview with the R politician who oversaw the 9/11 hearings.  He brought up a good point in that these current hearings are being arranged in a way to argue for pressing charges against Trump... yet no one I've seen thinks that will happen even with a Biden controlled DoJ.  Instead the argument was these hearings should have been arrayed the same as the 9/11 ones - here is all the info out there... we'll let folks decide on their own what it all means (and, to be fair, it still would have been damning to Trump).

23 hours ago, Skywalkre said:

POTUS has a myriad of counselors, advisors, close friends, department heads, SMEs, etc. that routinely advise them on every matter they attend to.  This has been going on for a very long time regardless of what letter is behind the POTUS' name.  It's... fascinating... to see some of you all try to warp this into something sinister when it's just normal day-to-day operations.  🙄

Yeah. Well, when the president is falling off bikes and demonstrating how hale he is by hopping two times, and can barely string 3 senetences together....it's easier to wonder if he's being led around by the nose. 

Couple issues with this.  First, in this day and age no one is sitting in front of a screen, with their eyelids held open, forcibly made to watch news they don't want to.  Sadly, in this day and age, folks find the news they want to see. 

Yes. That's exactly what it is. 

Second, I'm in full agreement that the major media outlets lean Left... but even then they are still critical at times of 'their guy'.  Biden's admin has been raked over the coals over Afghanistan, Inflation, COVID, you name it.  Believe it or not there are some good journalists out there.  (It's a painfully small list, but still...)

You mean like how they blacklisted the Hunter laptop story? How much press are they giving to the illegals from countries NOT in Central/South America who are coming across the border? What about the fact that there's a revolving door between the DNC press secretary positions and News Media posts?