Going to Prague in November this year, is Kbely Aviation Museum worth a trip?

Also going to be in Vienna, and Salzburg before going to France and a side trip to Normandy. For those in the know, Anything worth visiting in Prague, Vienna, and Salzburg aviation and armor wise? Thanks in advance.

In Prague there was a very nice aviation & air defence museum somewhere to the north-eastern outskirts of the city, well worth a visit if you're there. When I was there (2013... time flies) the public transport connections werent as great as to most of the more central/touristic places, but nothing too bad, and its a big museum well worth seeing.

Great city altogether, one of my favourite places I've ever visited.

On 4/24/2022 at 11:11 AM, Mikel2 said:

IIRC a Prague museum has Goering's WWI fighter plane collection.  Too bad I didn't know when I went there.

I had to look this one up because that is something I would love to see. Turns out its in Krakow. Poland

Kbely Aviation Museum is worth a trip. They have a pretty good exhibit of aircraft guns, especially Russian and German. Closed in November, however.

The Military Technical Museum Lešany is also good: plenty of rare bronze WWI Austrian guns, a IS3, and a Soviet 130mm AA gun are noteworthy. But seems it would be closed in November.

See here.

The museum of military history in Vienna is worth one full day, at a minimum.

Vienna has also some of the very few remaining more or less intact WW2 flak towers I believe, both Gefechtsturm and Leitturm. No idea what if anything is in there besides the buildings themselves though...

11 hours ago, sunday said:

Kbely Aviation Museum is worth a trip. They have a pretty good exhibit of aircraft guns, especially Russian and German. Closed in November, however.

The Military Technical Museum Lešany is also good: plenty of rare bronze WWI Austrian guns, a IS3, and a Soviet 130mm AA gun are noteworthy. But seems it would be closed in November.

See here.

The museum of military history in Vienna is worth one full day, at a minimum.

That place! It's fine, just avoid it in summer. 

On 4/27/2022 at 12:03 PM, jmsaari said:

Vienna has also some of the very few remaining more or less intact WW2 flak towers I believe, both Gefechtsturm and Leitturm. No idea what if anything is in there besides the buildings themselves though...

One of the Flak Towers is now an aquarium. Worth a visit. Also, the military museum in Vienna is definitely worth a visit.