2022 Obituary

Mikel2

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oliver Antic Serbian ambassador to Portugal  dies in a well know tourist and sometimes suicide spot Boca do Inferno "Hell's Mouth". Was recovered from the sea still alive, but he did not survived.

Death is being presented as a suicide.

Edited by lucklucky

Those of Sam, and those just north of Sam, would not necessarily be interested..

Cricketer Shane Warne, spin bowler, considered to be one of the greatest cricketers of the 20th century, larrikin, joker, character... passed away last night at the age of 52.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shane_Warne

6 hours ago, DougRichards said:

Those of Sam, and those just north of Sam, would not necessarily be interested..

Cricketer Shane Warne, spin bowler, considered to be one of the greatest cricketers of the 20th century, larrikin, joker, character... passed away last night at the age of 52.

The US does have its cricket underground. Immigrants from east India and the West Indies. IME not those from Blighty, for unknown reasons.

AIUI, main problem for covert cricketeers in the US is find a playing field sized and shaped appropriately. In grad school I was invited to play one time, but I demurred. Too different from baseball.

6 hours ago, DougRichards said:

Not related in any way to his vaccination state. No sirree...

4 hours ago, Ivanhoe said:

The US does have its cricket underground. Immigrants from east India and the West Indies. IME not those from Blighty, for unknown reasons.

AIUI, main problem for covert cricketeers in the US is find a playing field sized and shaped appropriately. In grad school I was invited to play one time, but I demurred. Too different from baseball.

Aw hell man, you missed out. It's homerun derby!  Just smack the shi, I mean, protect your wickets.  

12 hours ago, sunday said:

Not related in any way to his vaccination state. No sirree...

Really, nothing to do with covid or vaccination status:

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/shane-warne-suffered-chest-pains-before-thailand-holiday-and-was-on-an-extreme-diet-20220306-p5a262.html

Shane Warne had been on an extreme diet in the days before he died, his manager James Erskine has said, and Thai police have confirmed that the family of the former cricketing great told them he had been experiencing chest pains in the days before he died.

“He did go on these ridiculous sort of diets … and was just finishing one, where he basically only ate fluids for 14 days, and he’d done this three or four times,” Erskine told Nine’s Today on Sunday morning.

“He was a bit all or nothing, it was either white buns with butter and lasagne stuffed in the middle, or he’d be basically having these black or green juices,” Erskine said, adding that Warne had “obviously smoked for most of his life”.

Erskine said it was only after his death that he learnt Warne had been sweating and suffering some chest pain in the past week.

28 minutes ago, sunday said:

Well, if he was not vaccinated, then nothing to do with vaccination status.

As h had been flying in and out of Australia his vaccination status was never in question.  He had to have been vaccinated.  But vaccinated people do die of other things anyway. 

But just in case of doubt:

7 minutes ago, sunday said:

Unless he had received the third dose, his vaccination status is doubtful, methinks.

The third dose wasn't being delivered in Australia until from December or so, initially for those 'at risk', but most people here have had their third dose.  Those who had their second by about September would have had little doubt about getting their third, if he had had the chance.  As he had been double vaxxed by August that shows that he had been an early adopter of the vaccine available.  (Vaccinated once = vaxed, Double vaccinated = vaxxed, with booster = vaxxxed in the current Australian venacular).  

I had two astras and one fizzer and when it is suggested that an extra may be helpful I will seek the Moderna.  I am due for my flu shot sometime in the next few months, indeed I may get on line and book that shortly, so thank you for the reminder. 

Meanwhile there are anti-vax idiots here who are claiming that it was the vaccine that killed him.  I thought that this was the line that you were pushing initially.

My late wife had been double vaxxed, but came down with two nasty infections (Urinary tract and pneumonia), unrelated to anything else except overall not having a strong constitution so unable to fight off infections, that caused her death in October last year, she had not been expected to live past Christmas 2020, but had nearly an extra year.

Not everyone dies of covid, or from being vaccinated.

40 minutes ago, sunday said:

Did not recall the passing of your wife. My deepest condolences.

I didn't mention it on this site, just on the Facebook site, but thank you.

2 hours ago, DougRichards said:

The third dose wasn't being delivered in Australia until from December or so, initially for those 'at risk', but most people here have had their third dose.  Those who had their second by about September would have had little doubt about getting their third, if he had had the chance.  As he had been double vaxxed by August that shows that he had been an early adopter of the vaccine available.  (Vaccinated once = vaxed, Double vaccinated = vaxxed, with booster = vaxxxed in the current Australian venacular).  

I had two astras and one fizzer and when it is suggested that an extra may be helpful I will seek the Moderna.  I am due for my flu shot sometime in the next few months, indeed I may get on line and book that shortly, so thank you for the reminder. 

Meanwhile there are anti-vax idiots here who are claiming that it was the vaccine that killed him.  I thought that this was the line that you were pushing initially.

My late wife had been double vaxxed, but came down with two nasty infections (Urinary tract and pneumonia), unrelated to anything else except overall not having a strong constitution so unable to fight off infections, that caused her death in October last year, she had not been expected to live past Christmas 2020, but had nearly an extra year.

Not everyone dies of covid, or from being vaccinated.

Im sorry to hear that mate, I hope it was peaceful.

Thank you Stuart, I tried PMing you....

, Dagmar was receiving the best palliative care available.  I was unable to see her near the end as a covid patient had been admitted to the ward, but I was able to say goodbye to her the day before that patient was admitted, three days before her death.  The infections had created some delirium, and she did not know where she was.  But I know where she is now.  Enjoying a feast at God's table with lots of great vegetarian food and great wine, with no hangover to worry about.

I actually conducted the service of remembrance and celebration myself.  I would not have trusted anyone else.  The theme was 'I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever' and I have my trust in that,

Thanks again and all the best to you

Doug