Partisans 1941

Pretty good reimagining of the original "Commandoes", unfortunately English translation is a bit flat and a lot of humor was lost. :(

Yes, its very like Commando's. I like the ability to open up with the light weapons when it all starts getting a bit crazy though. And its a nice selection of weapons. I idly wonder if it would be open to modding to include even more, like more Soviet medium machine guns.

I got this on sale and have played up to the hostage rescue mission so far. Have to agree with Stuart that its pretty good and definitely worth the few dollars paid for it.

I left the background comments in Russian which gives a bit more "atmosphere" (there are English subtitles).

So far for me its been a lot of stealth and very limited ammo supply. You have to pick your fights and make every shot count and take every opportunity to pick up supplies of ny sort on offer. The "area fire" option for SMG's etc is good, but its very easy to use up a LOT of ammo in a very short space of time.  

Posted (edited)

If Ive a criticism, its not long enough. Ive already finished it. Although the addon does give a few more loose from the campaign. OTOH, the last mission is a bastard, so bring plenty of ammunition and land mines and grenades.

The breaching options are really good. The NKVD Commisar is a real psycopath with a knife, and the woman Army officer with her pistol option can kill 3 or 4 at once. Both are incredibly useful.

Im hoping there will be a follow up. Something with a mix of missions and a sandbox would probably be the logical way forward.

Edited by Stuart Galbraith