Wooden Decks for Warships

Steven P Allen

I have bought my son a 1/350 Alaska for Christmas along with a handful of enhancements, including a wooden deck set for it.  I was shocked to find the deck set was sent rolled up rather than flat. 

Does anyone have any experience with these very thin, scale wooden decks?  Should I unroll and store flat or just let him do so in a few months?

16 hours ago, Steven P Allen said:

I have bought my son a 1/350 Alaska for Christmas along with a handful of enhancements, including a wooden deck set for it.  I was shocked to find the deck set was sent rolled up rather than flat. 

Does anyone have any experience with these very thin, scale wooden decks?  Should I unroll and store flat or just let him do so in a few months?

I have found them to be very fragile and prone to breakage so I would leave it rolled up and safe.  Flatten it for a few days right before he is going to attach it would be my advice.  When he gets to the application stage, I found this useful:

http://www.shipmodels.info/mws_forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=162503