First felony sentencing for Jan 6th DC riot. How does it compare to the 2020 riots?

17thfabn

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nah, in any random group of 500 people there will be at least one horned shaman, one guy in a "Camp Auschwitz" t-shirt, one threatening to eat the flesh of his parole officer, a dozen or so wearing tactical gear with flex cuffs to a political rally, and 485 who believe North Korean ships delivered fake ballots to the US. 

12 hours ago, BansheeOne said:

Nah, in any random group of 500 people there will be at least one horned shaman, one guy in a "Camp Auschwitz" t-shirt, one threatening to eat the flesh of his parole officer, a dozen or so wearing tactical gear with flex cuffs to a political rally, and 485 who believe North Korean ships delivered fake ballots to the US. 

Sounds about right.

13 hours ago, BansheeOne said:

In the Bay Area and LA, I would expect no less than two horned shamans. And a Hare Krishna.

12 hours ago, Ivanhoe said:

In the Bay Area and LA, I would expect no less than two horned shamans. And a Hare Krishna.

Those aren't horns, not in any proper sense. 

4 hours ago, BansheeOne said:

😁 I have local parts like that round here, too. Certainly when the local Migrantifa out of Kreuzberg does a Christopher Street Day march. 

Pride-03-768x513.jpg

Yeah, Free Palestine...who wants to pay for it anyway?

5 hours ago, sunday said:

I think the WaPo got the scoop, but could not be read from overseas, so the Daily Heil is.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9990247/Gen-Mark-Milley-secretly-dialed-Chinas-military-leader-amid-fears-Trump-start-war.html

No need to put a blurb.

This insubordination and treason will go unpunished.  Scratch that, currently General Mark "Woke" Milley is being heralded by the LW propaganda horns.  Seems they're good with a coup so long as it is their coup.
234 years, almost to the day, Benjamin Franklin's warning has come to fruition. 

Benjamin Franklin, September 17, 1787.  "A republic, if you can keep it."  If Milley and his band of co-conspirators are allowed to escape accountability and justice, then we've lost it.

Edited by DKTanker

34 minutes ago, MiloMorai said:

A coup? Who wouldn't admit that he had lost the election in 234 years?

Trump is mouthy. Did he refuse to leave office? That would be a true coup.

There is a democrat that refused and continues to concede. Is that a coup?

https://news.yahoo.com/stacey-abrams-defends-refusal-concede-165932285.html

1 hour ago, MiloMorai said:

Was she the Governor?

He tried hard to.

? He tried hard to what? Stir up shiite? Yes he did that for well over four years.

Have a coup by not leaving office?  His departure from D.C. was not graceful. But I missed the coup.

The events of January 6th? Undoubtable a riot. A coup? How would the events of January 6th 2021 lead to the over throw of the US government? 

Never has been that Lewis Carroll quote so cogent:

“When I use a word,’ Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, ‘it means just what I choose it to mean — neither more nor less.’

’The question is,’ said Alice, ‘whether you can make words mean so many different things.’

’The question is,’ said Humpty Dumpty, ‘which is to be master — that’s all.”

― Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking Glass

I've said it before, anyone in the MAGA movement but Trump himself is actually a left-wing plant. 

Far-right groups tell supporters planned Washington rally is a government ‘trap’

Rightwing forums and prominent figures claim event is ‘false flag’ but police brace for violence

Lois Beckett

Fri 17 Sep 2021 06.00 EDT

Extremist groups and prominent rightwing figures are warning supporters not to attend a far-right rally in support of the people arrested for participating in the 6 January Capitol attack, calling the event a “false flag” and a “trap”.

Capitol police are bracing for potential violence at the “Justice for J6” protest rally, which is taking place in Washington DC on Saturday, and security fencing has gone up once more around the Capitol building.

But local and federal officials have also said that they expect no more than 700 people to attend the protest, a far cry from the estimated tens of thousands of supporters of Donald Trump who converged on the Capitol in January.

Across rightwing social media platforms, “most people who are talking about the event in any capacity are telling people to steer clear of DC,” Cassie Miller, a senior research analyst at the Southern Poverty Law Center, said. “Any extremist group that’s talking about it is warning people against attending.”

The common narrative in rightwing forums is that the rally is “a trap that’s been set by federal authorities” that will leave participants vulnerable to “surveillance and arrest”, Miller said.

While intelligence officials reportedly warned in early September that the Proud Boys and the Oath Keepers were planning to attend the rally, both groups, whose members are facing some of the most serious charges in the 6 January attack, have since distanced themselves from the event. A Proud Boys social media channel posted “Sounds like bait” and wrote “We aren’t going and you shouldn’t either”. In an interview on his way to jail, the group’s chairman, Enrique Tarrio, said: “The Proud Boys will not be there,” WUSA 9 reported.

“I do not know of any specific plan to attend, other than what we are watching the media fabricate,” Kelly SoRelle, a lawyer for the Oath Keepers, told Mother Jones.

[...] 

Donald Trump himself views the “Justice for J6” rally as a set-up and has made no public comments about it, the New York Times reported.

“I don’t know a single person in the Maga movement who is going,” the longtime Trump ally Roger Stone, one of the defendants in a new lawsuit brought by seven Capitol police officers against people they allege helped send a violent mob to the Capitol to attack them, told RT, the Russian state-funded television channel. “Patriots: stay away from Washington,” Stone added.

Saturday’s “Justice for J6” rally is being organized by Look Ahead America, a group run by Matt Braynard, who was briefly employed by Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign as the director of data and strategy, BuzzFeed News reported in August.

Look Ahead America is also organizing more than a dozen “Justice for J6” rallies at the state level on 18 and 25 September, most of them at state capitols, according to the organization’s website.

[...] 

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/sep/17/justice-for-j6-rally-washington-proud-boys

On 9/15/2021 at 8:48 PM, MiloMorai said:

A coup? Who wouldn't admit that he had lost the election in 234 years?

You have heard of Hilary Clinton, right?  I know that she is an obscure public figure but she still hasn't admitted it and has claimed it was stolen.  You also may have heard of Al Gore?  Stacy Abrams?  Any of these names ringing a bell?

1 hour ago, nitflegal said:

You have heard of Hilary Clinton, right?  I know that she is an obscure public figure but she still hasn't admitted it and has claimed it was stolen.  You also may have heard of Al Gore?  Stacy Abrams?  Any of these names ringing a bell?

It's only a threat to the republic when republicans do it.

5 hours ago, R011 said:

To be fair, the Clinton supporting radicals didn't think to storm Congress.  They just rioted in the street off and on from November 2016 to today.

Actually, I give them a lot more credit than that.  They undermined her foe's entire presidency, set the whole federal deep state against him, and seized the chance to alter voting rules and laws to defeat him.  Unlike Republicans, Democrats actually use their rage to beat their enemies instead of dropping sound bites and high fiving each other for their utterly useless antics.