Canadian officer and mutiny charges

Dawes

• 2 weeks later...

A Cadet Officer, which technically makes him an commissioned officer, just like algae is technically a lifeform. He is as low as you can go on the officer totem pole. I don't see the mutiny charge sticking. 

12 hours ago, Colin said:

A Cadet Officer, which technically makes him an commissioned officer, just like algae is technically a lifeform. He is as low as you can go on the officer totem pole. I don't see the mutiny charge sticking. 

Not only an Officer Cadet, but Cadet Instructor Cadre.  In other words, he supervises Army Cadets, a youth group like JROTC in the US, rather than leads or trains to lead soldiers.  They might not get him for mutiny (though calling for other soldiers to disobey orders sounds like it to me) but I suspect they can get him for conduct to the prejudice of good order and discipline or some other catch-all charge.

For sure they get him on that charge. Cadet Officers get commissioning scrolls, Navy League Officers like me get a Warrant.  

• 2 weeks later...

I checked out the video of his speech last December (captioned and without sound as I was at work). What a shitshow.  And there's a thread on army.ca which for some reason won't post here.  The thread is entitled:

OCdt Speaks at Freedom Rally

Edited by R011