What's the current doctrine on operating APS equipped tanks in an urban environment?

On the way

18 hours ago, Manic Moran said:

If they are close enough to be hit by the APS, I can't help but wonder if the explosion of the ATGM if it detonates against the hull side of the vehicle is going to be really that much less dangerous to the grunt.

I don't disagree, but there's risk of enemy fire versus being killed by your own side. maybe you know your troops' minds better than I can guess how they'd think, and maybe they already think of armour as a bullet magnet, I dunno.

2 hours ago, DB said:

maybe they already think of armour as a bullet magnet

Anyone who doesn't will soon learn better.

Have we even mentioned the cannon danger zone yet? Flying sabot petals, muzzle blast overpressure, ... the idea that infantry can screen forward of advancing tanks is, I hope, no longer taught in army combat schools. Protecting a tank with infantry doesn't mean that the dismounts should walk in the immediate vicinity of the priority target of pretty much any enemy within line of sight.

16 hours ago, Ssnake said:

AMAP-ADS, as fas as I remember.

OIC my mistake. Must have been the relationship they have with IBD Diesenroth.

21 hours ago, sunday said:

Singaporean doctrine is to confront a enemy invasion in the Malayan Peninsula, not in Singapore Island proper.

The Malaysian peninsula is also urban. Many large cities in there, including the capital KL.

1 hour ago, On the way said:

The Malaysian peninsula is also urban. Many large cities in there, including the capital KL.

Palm oil plantations occupy a lot of space, also. I did the road trip between KL and Singapore a few years ago.

2 hours ago, On the way said:

OIC my mistake. Must have been the relationship they have with IBD Diesenroth.

...now a division of Rheinmetall Land Systems (which in turn is the general contractor for the Leopard 2 EVO that Singapore acquired).

1 hour ago, Ssnake said:

...now a division of Rheinmetall Land Systems (which in turn is the general contractor for the Leopard 2 EVO that Singapore acquired).

Oh really? I thought the Evo upgrades were carried out in Singapore by Singapore Technologies, who was the general contractor. Kits came from RM. But not the complete Evo kits, sans ROSY. 

2 hours ago, Simon Tan said:

Hey, if you want to fight over the shit hole of Johor Bahru, please feel free to use anything you feel like. 

But I like JB. Singaporeans love it. We will be careful not to damage the petrol stations and the seafood restaurants

JB is the Tiajuana of Singapore. Singaporeans go there to slum, to indulge in the things they cannot do on their side of the border and leave in their wake the detritus of human pestilence. 

3 hours ago, On the way said:

Oh really? I thought the Evo upgrades were carried out in Singapore by Singapore Technologies, who was the general contractor. Kits came from RM. But not the complete Evo kits, sans ROSY. 

You're right about that. I haven't followed it closely, and I was sloppy with the wording. The point I was trying to make, the upgrade kit was designed by Rheinmetall, so they picked in-house components for it such as AMAP-ADS.

6 hours ago, Simon Tan said:

JB is the Tiajuana of Singapore. Singaporeans go there to slum, to indulge in the things they cannot do on their side of the border and leave in their wake the detritus of human pestilence. 

Yes, we love to do that. LOL