60 minutes interviews USN pilots who saw a UFO

17thfabn

59 minutes ago, Stuart Galbraith said:

Here is the point. Those objects might be 'real', they might pull 50g manoeuvers. They might display apparent intelligence. But until someone provides some evidence they are 'alien', which is complete supposition, then its unproven.  I think many of these objects are real, but there is an explanation for them that is not alien in origin. We know that, because after 70 years of the buggers invading our airspace, not once has it ever been demonstrated to be the case.

The smart thing to do, IMHO, is to choose "there are no extraterrestrials invading Earth's atmosphere" as our null hypothesis. The onus is on folks claiming that there are such to disprove the null.

On the flip side, however, folks asserting that there are no little green (or grey) men visiting Earth are themselves asserting an alternative hypothesis (to the baseline of "We don't know").

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Tim the Tank Nut said:

how does anything pull that kind of velocity in an atmosphere without giving off a massive heat signature and sonic wave?  Interdimensional travelers still  have to put up the the physics of the Sol system...

Mach 27? 800 g's? German autobahns! :)

3 hours ago, glenn239 said:

Let's just wait and see what the US military report is.   It's coming out in a couple weeks.    

Yes, I'm sure the report by the US military will totally clear things up for the UFO true believers. 😅

22 minutes ago, Der Zeitgeist said:

Yes, I'm sure the report by the US military will totally clear things up for the UFO true believers. 😅

Given the current Woke-apocalypse infecting DOD, there's a good chance that extraterrestrials will be declared as racist.

On 5/26/2021 at 8:22 AM, Stuart Galbraith said:

Its worth remembering, there was not one sentient being that emerged, it was two.

at least Three at this point

Homo Sapiens
Homo Neanderthalensis
Homo Heidelbergensis Denisova. 

Edited by rmgill

16 hours ago, Der Zeitgeist said:

It's the US military itself that seems to have requested that attention be drawn to this issue.  

19 hours ago, Stuart Galbraith said:

Here is the point. Those objects might be 'real', they might pull 50g manoeuvers. They might display apparent intelligence. But until someone provides some evidence they are 'alien', which is complete supposition, then its unproven.

As above, let's see what the Pentagon reports.  If they are confirmed to be real objects, then the next question is, who built them?  

35 minutes ago, glenn239 said:

It's the US military itself that seems to have requested that attention be drawn to this issue.  

The same US military that likes 200 dollar toilet seats and came up with LCS? Hmm.

30 minutes ago, glenn239 said:

As above, let's see what the Pentagon reports.  If they are confirmed to be real objects, then the next question is, who built them?  

Quantify  'real'. Real enough to be visible, certainly. Real enough to track on radar, undoubtedly (an old friend of mine did just that) Real enough to exist in a physical form beyond a few minutes, to climb inside and fly? I frankly doubt it.

I could give you a chunk of liquid nitrogen. Its solid,you can carve it, if you had enough of it you could (assuming thick gloves) make a snowman out of it. But you would at the end of an hour in the open air have nothing left. Thats what UFO's are.

I think they are physical for a short period. Convince me it can exist in our world physically for days, thats its nuts and bolts and I would say its real. Nobody in the past 70 years has done anything like that, and thats why Im thinking its more akin to lightning, or an earthquake. It can leave a mark, certainly, its a real manifestation of physics. But thats a different thing from claiming its an enduring physical reality, that its something you can hold in your hand and use.

And if you cant do that, then its almost certainly not an aircraft or anything alien. Unless Roswell was true (and I dont believe it is), the US military cannot either.

Edited by Stuart Galbraith

Yes, but how likely is it they have built a craft with literally ZERO defects. Not one problem, not one accident, not one failure since 1947 (or even earlier if you accept the Ghost Lights theory). The most perfect machines we can build are Spacecraft and Submarines, and we have crashed dozens of those over a similar period.

Or Roswell is true, and they build a ship that can travel from one end of the universe to the other, reach New Mexico and then crash, which is frankly even more remarkable.😄

Oh, stuff has been found before. Strange metal which somehow seems to vanish before anyone seriously examines it. Angel Hair is a personal favorite of mine, which again, doesnt exist long enough for anyone to do a serious examination. But if evidence of UFO's is ephemeral, why should we assume the craft if that is what they are, are any more physically substantial?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angel_hair_(folklore)

26 minutes ago, Stuart Galbraith said:

Yes, but how likely is it they have built a craft with literally ZERO defects. Not one problem, not one accident, not one failure since 1947 (or even earlier if you accept the Ghost Lights theory). The most perfect machines we can build are Spacecraft and Submarines, and we have crashed dozens of those over a similar period.

Or Roswell is true, and they build a ship that can travel from one end of the universe to the other, reach New Mexico and then crash, which is frankly even more remarkable.😄

Oh, stuff has been found before. Strange metal which somehow seems to vanish before anyone seriously examines it. Angel Hair is a personal favorite of mine, which again, doesnt exist long enough for anyone to do a serious examination. But if evidence of UFO's is ephemeral, why should we assume the craft if that is what they are, are any more physically substantial?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angel_hair_(folklore)

Actually, at Roswell you had a vehicle that could travel across continents with minimal fuel consumption, without having a propulsion plume visible and nearly no infrared signature of its own. One of the superpowers though these so outlandish that they even used some of its components on the Moon!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Genetrix

2 hours ago, glenn239 said:

Yes, and that's the most worrying thing about this whole issue. If the US Navy can't identify lights in the night sky that are easily identified as airliners, there might be a bit of a problem there.

it's not an issue of developing "artificial gravity" or "inertial dampers".  Either of those developments would be a prerequisite to interstellar travel under any circumstances.  Again, if you have the means to harness enough energy to get HERE in a timely fashion from another star system then those technologies are built in.

The issue for all these phenomena to be alien craft is that once they are here they are subject to Earth's physics including gravity and atmosphere which means friction and lots of it.  I don't see a way for something to travel at supersonic speeds in the atmosphere and not generate a trackable result.

Inexplicable objects are as old as mankind itself.  In my way of thinking the chances of alien life forms existing is much higher than alien life forms existing that are capable of interstellar travel.  Time a distance represent a nearly impenetrable shield for the Sol system.

Well... at the risk of veering into science fiction, perhaps the multiverse theory is true, and they are not really in OUR universe, but we are seeing them, akin to looking through the side of a goldfish bowl. Of course, thats complete speculation, and there is absolutely no evidence to support it.

I believe there is alien life out there, I even conceive of the possibility it might exceed technological challenges and come here. The problem is, there is no evidence of that either. Unless someone wants to take Betty and Barney Hill and George Adamski seriously, and frankly I dont.

1 hour ago, Der Zeitgeist said:

Yes, and that's the most worrying thing about this whole issue. If the US Navy can't identify lights in the night sky that are easily identified as airliners, there might be a bit of a problem there.

We would be so lucky were it as simple as that.

2 hours ago, Stuart Galbraith said:

Case in point.  Whatever the merits, or lack thereof, of Roswell, (I couldn't care one way or the other), my suggestion would be that if the United States Army Air Force did not want to draw attention to itself about UFO's, then the fact that the USAAF itself called the press conference and created the entire incident by drawing attention to something that would have slipped through the cracks otherwise, this was a bit of an own goal.

36 minutes ago, Stuart Galbraith said:

Well... at the risk of veering into science fiction, perhaps the multiverse theory is true, and they are not really in OUR universe, but we are seeing them, akin to looking through the side of a goldfish bowl. Of course, thats complete speculation, and there is absolutely no evidence to support it.

I believe there is alien life out there, I even conceive of the possibility it might exceed technological challenges and come here. The problem is, there is no evidence of that either. Unless someone wants to take Betty and Barney Hill and George Adamski seriously, and frankly I dont.

Assuming there are aliens roaming around, what would be their motivation to not communicate with us? the advantage is with them, they are the most advanced civilization. On the contrary, just watching brings them no advantage whatsoever, unless we are such a retarded civilization that we are only an anthropological curiosity to them, in which case, we wouldn't have detected their flying artifacts.

Well of course you are right.

We assume they have massively advanced technology, and want to come here, but don't want to talk to us. At the same time, they seem pretty crap at hiding from us. Have they never conceived of the idea of the cloaking device? Even the British MOD developed a stealth skin for AFVs. The RAF was experimenting with lights creating luminosity to match the background on Coastal Command aircraft as long ago as WW2. They show up on Radar, the US was experimenting with stealth skins on the U2 as long ago as the early 60s. So they can fly across the galaxy, can outfly every plane in the world, and can't match basic technical advances on Earth decades old.

Not a damn bit of it makes sense.

3 hours ago, RETAC21 said:

Assuming there are aliens roaming around, what would be their motivation to not communicate with us? the advantage is with them, they are the most advanced civilization. On the contrary, just watching brings them no advantage whatsoever, unless we are such a retarded civilization that we are only an anthropological curiosity to them, in which case, we wouldn't have detected their flying artifacts.

What advantage would be gained for them in talking to us?  I can see what we want; their technology, information, resources.  Give us this, give us that, give us the other thing, too.  .999 c star drives?  Yes, please!  But what do we have that they would want?  We've got jack shit, RETAC21, that's what we got.  To me you're question is like when you're walking down the street and some street person asks you for money, why don't you stop, pull up a chair and have a 24 hour conversation?  Because the street guy has nothing you want so you move on.

Next question is, precisely how much more advanced are they than us?  Would it take us a thousand years to match them?  Would it take us ten thousand years?  One thing is for sure, they would have a far better answer to that question than we do.

In terms of just watching us, looks to me it brings them one - and precisely one - advantage.  The most dangerous thing in this galaxy to an intelligent star faring species is probably another intelligent star faring species.  You think we're harmless to them.  They might not agree.  If they're here then they can react in real time to whatever happens.  If they were not, then it might be 10,000 years where we would be totally unwatched before they could arrive.  Assuming for a moment that a star faring species is too dangerous to go unwatched like that, by being here it allows them to not destroy us outright.

So in sum, what I would say is that they're here because the speed of light and the distance between stars is a longer delay than the time it will take us to match their technology, they're not friendly because they're not talking, they do seem willing to allow us to exist, but don't be surprised if the signal is sent that any attempt to go beyond a certain distance from our planet will result in the destruction of the vehicle.

Ok, so if we are dangerous to them, why not come and land on the White House lawn and tell everyone how peace loving we are and we need to calm the frick down? I somehow doubt they ever saw 'The Day the Earth Stood still'.

They want to come here, but not interact with us. other than some highly suspect and completely unprovable 'close encouters', there is no evidence to the effect there is anyone in them but our own imagination.  Even the idea of being driven by intelligence is unproven. They might just as easily be attracted by the slipstream of our aircraft.

2 hours ago, Stuart Galbraith said:

Ok, so if we are dangerous to them, why not come and land on the White House lawn and tell everyone how peace loving we are and we need to calm the frick down? I somehow doubt they ever saw 'The Day the Earth Stood still'.

They want to come here, but not interact with us. other than some highly suspect and completely unprovable 'close encouters', there is no evidence to the effect there is anyone in them but our own imagination.  Even the idea of being driven by intelligence is unproven. They might just as easily be attracted by the slipstream of our aircraft.

Precisely.

a) We are not a menace to them but they want something for us we would be willing to trade (the East India Company approach): they make themselves known and trade is arranged

b) We are not a menace to them but we are occupying an space they want for themselves (the Cortés approach): invasion - we would know who they are.

c) We are a threat to them in the short term (dark forest theory): destruction - we wouldn't know what hit us.

d) We may become a threat to them in the future because we evolve faster (the Solaris theory): make your presence known and interact to slow technological development by leading us down blind paths, or achieve an exchange in terms advantageous to them

e) We are just a scientific curiosity to them (the Zoo hypothesis): remain hidden and watch the show

f) They are so advanced in their control over matter, time and space that they are gods to us (the God approach): there's no incentive or need to be hidden becuase we are insects to them (do you hide from flies?)

I am reminded of "The Wanderer". They came, and they took what they wanted and then had to pretend to care about us because apparently stealing a moon from a primitive species is considered to be a bit naughty in intergalactic society.

We have a single planetary data point on the presence of intelligence in the universe. The only thing we can infer is that intelligence is possible in the universe, not how common it is nor how long it can last.

Everything else is just a thought experiment. As such, I'm not sure why people are getting so agitated about other opinions on the subject. We can chill about it - everyone is likely to be wrong and from the stoic's perspective, if they show up we won't be anything more than passengers along for the ride unless they allow it.