Drone shotgun

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on zero personal experience, the Beretta 1301 Tactical Marine.

I could claim that my suggestion is because a modern gas-op should be more reliable on a lightweight aerial platform, but TBH its just the 1301 coolness factor.

25 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

A shotgun to shoot ON drones, or FROM drones?

I assumed both. Though I can see the appeal to LEOs to be able to shoot rubber shotgun slugs at distance, and for militaries to do things like surgically cut power lines and antenna feeds.

Don't be constructionist. ;)

I for one gifted my grandson two robotics kits to combine lego with programming, so that one day he can conquer the world with swarms of his fully autonomous, self-replicating kill bots that cannot be switched off.

1 hour ago, Ssnake said:

I for one gifted my grandson two robotics kits to combine lego with programming, so that one day he can conquer the world with swarms of his fully autonomous, self-replicating kill bots that cannot be switched off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9zzHnRYxtc

5 hours ago, Ssnake said:

You mean like this?

23 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

There weren't enough of them, but they came close to shutting down this show. What have you done to stop Stargate?

Preferred Babylon 5?

8 hours ago, Ssnake said:

Is his name Thomas and does he live in the Philippines?

2 hours ago, Rick said:

Is his name Thomas and does he live in the Philippines?

He does live on an island, but his name is not Thomas.

Thomas's progress in the world domination business has been ... lacking, lately.

I've decided to shift my support to a younger generation; his aggressive business plan for a soon unstoppable army of atomic super killbots is visionary and promises more leverage on multi-dimensional disruptive synergy effects. Fewer people means less conflict, less competition for dwindling resources, quieter cities, stabilized demographic structures, and a boon for scavenger-centric ecologies. Clean, innocent efficiency applied to the challenge of reducing hominid mass redundancy.

19 hours ago, BansheeOne said:

I think belt-fed is kinda overkill, unless you are going to send said drones into Chicago.

49 minutes ago, Ivanhoe said:

I think belt-fed is kinda overkill, unless you are going to send said drones into Chicago.

Belt fed is NEVER overkill unless maybe a little if you have to pay for the ammo personally OR you have to carry all that link/belt. 😉

8 hours ago, DougRichards said:

Preferred Babylon 5?

Both were excellent frankly. Lotsa character development and the long story arcs didn't jump the shark like other series did. B5's characters were also a lot more grey than clearly good or evil. 

Edited by rmgill

https://www.maverickdrone.com/products/skynet-drone-defense-3-pack

https://www.budk.com/12-Gauge-Skynet-Drone-Defense--3-Pack-35975

Alternative shells => probably need gas op.

But detection? Aiming? A drone at 100 ft AGL is a challenge.