Combat Mission : Cold War

Stuart Galbraith

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not, if you aren't confronted with the maintenance and if they don't simulate sight misalignment after firing the "wrong" shots.

12 hours ago, Ssnake said:

Why not, if you aren't confronted with the maintenance and if they don't simulate sight misalignment after firing the "wrong" shots.

Yeah, I assumed it's overestemating its reliability.

9 hours ago, sunday said:

Probably because that Nicki Minaj singer gal.

Will she be featured in the next CMCW module?  Or Kardi B?  Does WAP really stand for the WArsaw Pact? 

On 5/30/2021 at 4:29 AM, Stargrunt6 said:

It's got a patch: Lots of corrections for ammo types.  The M48's and M60's APDS have a hard time penetrating T64's and T80s on the front of the turret.

Oh great. So the Soviets will kick my ass even harder than before. 😅

9 hours ago, Der Zeitgeist said:

Oh great. So the Soviets will kick my ass even harder than before. 😅

LOL yep.

Plus they got rid of shoot and scoot in CM4.0.  My m901s are getting burned when they shouldn't. 

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
35 minutes ago, Stargrunt6 said:

Sorry so late.

Dunno. Betcha bc a lot of players play real time.  I think it kinda breaks the game. It was in 1.0.  

I don't know anyone who plays any CM games in real time, at least not against a human opponent.

• 3 months later...

Playing vs a human opponent was awesome. I played Manic Moran in CM:BO a few times back in the day (2002?) Mofo slaughtered me every time. Played another guy and lured his SS squads into a forest and set it on fire with flamethrower tanks...

My main irritation with it, is that having a new top end PC, one should not be experiencing problems with the menu being blurred and screwed up. I had the same problem with Black Sea, but with that one it was fairly easy to fix. They seem to have updated the engine to make it impossible to fix. Go figure.

15 hours ago, Stuart Galbraith said:

My main irritation with it, is that having a new top end PC, one should not be experiencing problems with the menu being blurred and screwed up. I had the same problem with Black Sea, but with that one it was fairly easy to fix. They seem to have updated the engine to make it impossible to fix. Go figure.

I had same graphics driver issue with CMBN etc....but not had it with my new laptop (it has GF 3070 8Gb).

Ive tried nearly every setting, and It wont work. And this is a PC that feels vaguely comfortable running DCS through an oculus rift.

Rest of the game works fine, but the menu's are all screwed up. So you cant really use the autogen menu, and even some of the briefing menu's are screwed up.

All that said, ive played it, and Its a great game. But its on an obsolete engine, and its really about time, considering how much money they have made out of it down the decades, to throw some back at the platform.

1 hour ago, Stuart Galbraith said:

Ive tried nearly every setting, and It wont work. And this is a PC that feels vaguely comfortable running DCS through an oculus rift.

Rest of the game works fine, but the menu's are all screwed up. So you cant really use the autogen menu, and even some of the briefing menu's are screwed up.

All that said, ive played it, and Its a great game. But its on an obsolete engine, and its really about time, considering how much money they have made out of it down the decades, to throw some back at the platform.

I know. It was annoying in CMBN (with almost all additions) and CMRT with all additions. I had shitty integrated Intel graphics when it was a problem. Somehow problem went totally away with Nvidia RTX 3070. 

Maybe it is graphics card manufacturer problem? Or even Intel problem. I have now AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with abovementioned graphics.

1 minute ago, Der Zeitgeist said:

@Sardaukar @Stuart Galbraith

This is easily fixable. You just need to set the application (the game .exe) to high DPI settings in its Windows-properties (not sure how it's called exactly, just play around with various settings) and the text will be sharp.

I think @Stuart Galbraithwill find that very useful. Thanks!

Just now, Sardaukar said:

I think @Stuart Galbraithwill find that very useful. Thanks!

This drove me mad for a while when I switched to 1440p with my new screen, and the solution was buried in some forum thread. They should really put that at the top of their manuals and tech support forums. It should work with all of the current engine (4.0) games. 

Thanks for the suggestion. It works... for about 4 seconds, then it all goes blurry again. It still makes it impossible to use the autogen battle function, which for me would be the most interesting thing. I cant say im enthused with a campaign that starts with M60A1's. I want to command Team Yankee dammit. :D

8 minutes ago, Stuart Galbraith said:

Thanks for the suggestion. It works... for about 4 seconds, then it all goes blurry again. It still makes it impossible to use the autogen battle function, which for me would be the most interesting thing. I cant say im enthused with a campaign that starts with M60A1's. I want to command Team Yankee dammit. :D

Putting "improv" into IPM1? :D