Combat Mission : Cold War

Would be interesting to know which map sizes they now support. If it's still 3 x 5km or thereabouts, the wargaming becomes pointless even before you reach the level of a reinforced company team.

2 hours ago, bojan said:

Very strange geometry on those T-80 turrets...

You know, I thought that too, but I thought I'd see if anyone else noticed. It's fairly apparent I guess

Tbh I've already got shock force and Black Sea, which I hardly play. As a system it works great for infantry fights, less well for armour battles. Still, this cold war whore will probably buy it anyway.

• 1 month later...
On 2/24/2021 at 9:00 AM, Stuart Galbraith said:

You know, I thought that too, but I thought I'd see if anyone else noticed. It's fairly apparent I guess

Tbh I've already got shock force and Black Sea, which I hardly play. As a system it works great for infantry fights, less well for armour battles. Still, this cold war whore will probably buy it anyway.

This is long overdue.  Especially since they had all the equipment models they needed from Shock Force and Black Sea.  Plus, those two were pretty imbalanced, especially the former. 

Here's my money.

I admired shock force, but I couldnt love it for some reason. I think its largely due to the Stryker really not a hell of a lot of fun. It cant take the hits, and doesnt have the firepower to do much that scratch paint. I liked Shock Force, but for some reason I found the Ukrainian side the most interesting to play.

Yes, I hope this one works out.

13 hours ago, Stuart Galbraith said:

I admired shock force, but I couldnt love it for some reason. I think its largely due to the Stryker really not a hell of a lot of fun. It cant take the hits, and doesnt have the firepower to do much that scratch paint. I liked Shock Force, but for some reason I found the Ukrainian side the most interesting to play.

Yes, I hope this one works out.

Even with the 40mm AGL?  Sure, it's no Abrams, but I took one scenario just hosing a town with that and .30cal alone. 

Yes, but I'm a little hung ho. If it's got armour on it, it gets treated like a challenger 2 in my enthusiastic but incapable hands.

Somebody did a Syrian civil war campaign based around a BMP1 unit, that was a lot of fun.