Because Biden

nitflegal

3 hours ago, lucklucky said:

seem to be an incomplete quote. 

More complete is it better? 

The country is doomed because of Race demographics? The country ENDS because of the race demographics? He says that? 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No he does not say that.

"My overarching objective — if we cannot make significant progress on racial equity, this country is doomed. It is doomed, not just because of African Americans, but because by 2040 this country is going to be minority white European. Hear me? Minority white European. And you guys are going to have to start working more with Hispanics, who will make up a larger portion of the population than y’all do in terms of raw numbers."

He say that if the races does not "work with each other" the country is doomed. It is clumsy and shameful hypocritical since it is him and his party that are stirring racial hatred and being full blown racists(anti black-racism of low expectations - anti white, anti Asian).

Paywalled:

Here we go again....

Biden once again bungles a story about low-wage noncompete agreements

As part of his speech at the signing ceremony, Biden offered two specific examples of onerous noncompete agreements — one involving hamburger restaurants and one involving asphalt pavers — that twice elicited laughter from the audience.

The president’s comments prompted a puzzled reader to ask The Fact Checker: “I’m in business and my experience is only high level executives are subject to a noncompete and it’s moot anyway because noncompetes are almost always unenforceable. Is Biden‘s statement true? Are McDonald burger flippers under a noncompete?”

Let’s take a look.  

The way Biden framed it, a worker at Burger King could not work at McDonald’s because of noncompete contracts. He asked: “Is there a trade secret about what’s inside that patty?”

That’s simply wrong. Burger restaurants do not have noncompete contracts that prevent hourly workers from going to a competitor. This brings us to the president’s asphalt example. Biden said someone laying asphalt in Arkansas could be prevented from doing the same job in west Texas. We sought out experts in the asphalt business and in noncompete contracts in Texas and Arkansas and received mostly puzzlement and uncertainty. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/07/14/biden-once-again-bungles-story-about-low-wage-non-compete-agreements/

Asphalt paving businesses are fairly local affairs, who in their right mind would think that an asphalt business in Texarkana, Arkansas would bid on a job 500-600 miles away?  Wait, maybe I already answered the question.

12 hours ago, Ivanhoe said:

I get the partisanship and I am willing to spot anyone a "Trump was Satan-Hitler and anything is better than him" but how can anyone be OK with this guy being the leader of the free world?  Can't string a sentence or thought together and just fades off into confused mumbling.  Leader of the free world.

My wife who was a nursing home CNA back in the day keeps noting that ice cream is a treatment of choice for dementia patients in the homes.  Sugar and fat and cold temperatures help moderate anxiety and anger in Alzheimer patients. . . 

17 minutes ago, MiloMorai said:

More dementia crap. nit, you should know how a person with a stutter talks.

I have a stutter and I know exactly what it sounds like as I hear it every day.  I also know what it doesn't sound like.

27 minutes ago, MiloMorai said:

More dementia crap. nit, you should know how a person with a stutter talks.

Do stutters get worse with age? I don't think he talked like this  8 years ago.

37 minutes ago, 17thfabn said:

Mine has actually gotten better, for what that's worth.  Medically, developmental stutters usually don't get worse with age unless combined with dementia or stroke.

48 minutes ago, 17thfabn said:

He didn't have a stutter in 2008. He didn't have a stutter in the early 2000s. He didn't have a stutter in the 1990s. He didn't have a stutter in the late 1970s.

Unless Youtube is secretly part of the RW cabal and has been editing videos from the past to make it look like he has dementia...

8 minutes ago, nitflegal said:

Mine has actually gotten better, for what that's worth.  Medically, developmental stutters usually don't get worse with age unless combined with dementia or stroke.

My father had a stutter when he was a child. It went away in adulthood. It still wasn't there when he was 90.

1 hour ago, nitflegal said:

Same here. I think one cares less with age and that makes it less likely to happen.

My Dad passed away twenty years ago, at 66.  I just found out that he used to stutter into his late 30s/40s.  I would have never suspected he stuttered.

Biden's problem has many sides and stuttering is not one of them.  At his prime, the man was a BSer and a forceful speaker convinced of his own eloquence and irresistible charm. Now tries to act the same way, but the brain is just not responding.  That he was a gaffe machine during his prime is not helping either.

This is Biden at his best - Why Obama picked a clown like him remains a mystery.

Edited by Mikel2

4 hours ago, Daan said:

Aside from mild cognitive impairment, exhaustion from the job could also be a factor affecting his speech.

Whether he has cognitive issues or not this is obviously an exhausting job.  Thing with stutters is if you watch a stutterer really struggling you see something very different than what Biden has.  A stutterer catches on words or sounds and casts around for a substitute word or phrase to allow a verbal reset to get you out the other end.  The thing that we tend to have is that the string of thoughts and what we are saying doesn't change, rather we struggle to get the phrase out.  In my case I lost most of the overt verbal catches and tics but now I have a weird Christopher Walken cadence where my transitions tend to halt at odd spots between words.  This seems fairly typical as one gets older.  I've talked with the various physicians and speech therapists I and my youngest use and none of them think Biden is expressing a common stutter.  

The main difference is that he jumps from partially expressing a thought and slides to a significantly different, disassociated thought.  Additionally a stutterers pauses are transient and short, the tendency is to hang up on the next word and so you have a staccato cadence where you try a word, stall, shift to an alternate word or soften the consonants to get the word out.  Biden just stops for multiple seconds and then shifts without a transition to anther thought.  There are speech disorders that can do this but they usually have a CNS component and they don't disappear and then come back with age without a significant element of brain damage or trauma (stroke, dementia, etc.)  The fact that Biden had no expression of this in thousands of hours of continuous public speaking for decades makes it extremely hard to pin it to a speech impediment without a stroke or other hypoxic event that damages cognitive function.

Presidential candidate Joe Biden has been open about his lifelong struggle with stuttering.

“It’s a debilitating situation,” Biden said at a February event. “And I still occasionally, when I find myself really tired, catch myself (stuttering).”

Joe Biden’s history of stuttering sheds light on the condition | UCLA Health Connect

Without doubt, Joe Biden is the leading expert on Joe Biden. And he has never been caught in a lie to his own advantage.

4 hours ago, MiloMorai said:

Presidential candidate Joe Biden has been open about his lifelong struggle with stuttering.

“It’s a debilitating situation,” Biden said at a February event. “And I still occasionally, when I find myself really tired, catch myself (stuttering).”

Joe Biden’s history of stuttering sheds light on the condition | UCLA Health Connect

So out of curiosity, why did this not manifest itself like this two years ago?  I've looked, can you point me to video from 2019 or earlier that showed what these recent videos show?  Would you care to address the medical background where in the elderly a significant uptick in stuttering (if you choose to classify this as such) is generally tied to strokes or dementia?

That's a brutal stutter, for sure. Especially when he lost his temper.

Stutters go away when you're angry, right?