nitflegal

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 hours ago, 17thfabn said:

And people are debating whether Trump had that authority, and if he did, did he go through the proper channels / steps.

I don't think there is any debate as to whether or not he had the authority, the debate is if there is a proper procedure or if a proper procedure is even required.  If there is a proper procedure that the president must follow and is required by law, I certainly have missed it.  Perhaps somebody can post it?  This isn't a defense of Trump per se, but a defense of the rule of law.  Had you been around here prior to and during the time of Trump's administration, you would have seen that I was the anti-Trump cheerleader.  On the other hand that did not prevent me from defending the rule of law and questioning the unfounded attacks upon him.

This is completely different from having no authority to declassify much less possessing and removing classified documents for one's own personal use.  Now the WH, the MSM, and the rest of the ultra left want us to believe that if one cooperates with authorities regarding a crime they have committed, they then are absolved of having committed that crime.  Besides, Orange Man Bad. 

Apparently, according to the WH, the blame actually rests at the feet of the General Services Administration and National Archives.  In the first instance it is they that packed up the classified documents.  In the second the NA failed to notify somebody that classified documents were being taken.  I would point out that the GSA isn't the party that took the Top Secret documents from the SCIF, and how would NA know that Biden had stolen classified documents if he never told them?

8 hours ago, DougRichards said:

But did Trump actually spend the time reading and declassifying each and every document and notifying National Archives and everyone else who needed to know that that they were declassified?  The man can barely read and write a complex sentence.

So what evidence do you have that he didn't go through those motions? 

Remember when he suggested that Covid sufferers drink bleach?  That is the level of the so called intellect of that man. 

So you've established that you can barely read or understand what he said in just the same measure of time. 

Trump didn't say precisely that and he clearly misunderstood somethings said in a briefing about bleach and other things. But one thing that I found interesting a few months ago was the point of infection prevention after possible exposure to covid by a dilute sinus rinse with a Peroxide solution. What is Hydrogen Peroxide? 

But did Trump actually spend the time reading and declassifying each and every document and notifying National Archives and everyone else who needed to know that that they were declassified?  The man can barely read and write a complex sentence.

Remember when he suggested that Covid sufferers drink bleach?  That is the level of the so called intellect of that man. 

He did not suggest that COVID people drink bleach, that was a made up Fake news media lie.  But you DO have a point on the declassification issue.  There is a process, and whether he followed the process is another issue entirely.  

13 hours ago, DougRichards said:

I don't because he never said that.

16 hours ago, DougRichards said:

HE.  DID.  NOT.  

Would you PLEASE quit promulgating that lie.

Hang them both. Make it non-partisan by doing it on the same gallows. There seems to be a nice space in front of the Lincoln Memorial for it, but perhaps the White House lawn would be better.

First things first - the numbers of documents possessed by each side does not matter when it's more than a handful of pages. One could ascribe the occasional found classified page to "sloppiness", and perhaps even one whole document. Much beyond that and you get into "system failure" and that's no longer "sloppy" it's "negligent".

The most significant difference between the Biden papers and the Trump papers is that Trump's people seem to have followed protocol in taking them out - hence the National Archive had a record of sought-for papers - and Biden's stuff appears to be a surprise. Trump's documents seem to have failed to make it back home, but apparently there are debates about where that home should be, and whether Trump declassified some or all of them whilst he still had the authority to do so. At the least, somewhere along the line the traceability process failed, so what is the document custodian doing in all that time?

Now, over the course of several years it's quite possible for there to be an occasional slip - a sheet or two of loose-leaf paper dropping into the wrong pile of paper and so on, but if the US procedures for handling the higher classifications are anything like the UK's, then the document custodian for Secret and above should probably be taken out and shot for allowing the VP to have these documents without an audit trail, and whoever took them out of their store should follow that custodian because you should never be handling those documents without having been briefed on the security requirements. Similarly, if the National Archive took two years to chase up the Trump documents, that's also a process fail - if they're listed, then they should be at worst on the appropriate desk when he leaves the White House, after all there's a fairly long handover period.

On 1/14/2023 at 5:19 AM, DougRichards said:

Did you actually read it?

“I see the disinfectant that knocks it out in a minute, one minute,” Trump said during Thursday’s coronavirus press briefing. “And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside, or almost a cleaning? Because you see it gets inside the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it would be interesting to check that.”

He didn't say that you should inject the disfectant, he asked if there was a way to inject something like that inside.  Because we do, we have experimental injectable anti-virals that show promise in blood plasma.  We also use low level antiseptics to inhale into the lungs that work at the alveolar level (Note: disinfectants are what are used on inorganic surfaces, if you use the same chemical (iodophors, chlorhexidene, isopropyl alcohol) on organic living tissue it's termed an antiseptic) now.  I wish he hadn't played the stupid being sarcastic card, he asked a totally reasonable layman's question where the experimental answer is actually at least a maybe.

4 hours ago, DB said:

Hang them both. Make it non-partisan by doing it on the same gallows. There seems to be a nice space in front of the Lincoln Memorial for it, but perhaps the White House lawn would be better.

First things first - the numbers of documents possessed by each side does not matter when it's more than a handful of pages. One could ascribe the occasional found classified page to "sloppiness", and perhaps even one whole document. Much beyond that and you get into "system failure" and that's no longer "sloppy" it's "negligent".

The most significant difference between the Biden papers and the Trump papers is that Trump's people seem to have followed protocol in taking them out - hence the National Archive had a record of sought-for papers - and Biden's stuff appears to be a surprise. Trump's documents seem to have failed to make it back home, but apparently there are debates about where that home should be, and whether Trump declassified some or all of them whilst he still had the authority to do so. At the least, somewhere along the line the traceability process failed, so what is the document custodian doing in all that time?

Now, over the course of several years it's quite possible for there to be an occasional slip - a sheet or two of loose-leaf paper dropping into the wrong pile of paper and so on, but if the US procedures for handling the higher classifications are anything like the UK's, then the document custodian for Secret and above should probably be taken out and shot for allowing the VP to have these documents without an audit trail, and whoever took them out of their store should follow that custodian because you should never be handling those documents without having been briefed on the security requirements. Similarly, if the National Archive took two years to chase up the Trump documents, that's also a process fail - if they're listed, then they should be at worst on the appropriate desk when he leaves the White House, after all there's a fairly long handover period.

I'd chime in that it's pretty straightforward to believe Trump is at fault; he has the ability to declassify anything but there appears to be no record that he ever overtly stated that for these documents while he was president.  That was foolish.  Look, he knows half the elected officials and a majority of the Federal government wants him in jail.  He's a billionaire, hire someone for a few million dollars to check every action that he did and keep him on retainer to watch for just this thing.  He may well have thought he was within his rights but if he's that oblvious to the openings that he's leaving he's kind of an idiot.  That said, there was a record of what he took and had, he had it secured, and secured it more when advised to by the Feds.  To my eyes, his main failings were to not cover himself on his way out with a quick memo that said he declassified them, to fight for so long over them which makes him an easier target for his enemies, and then to at least overtly retroactively declassify them which he both no longer has the power to do but also makes it look like he's guilty.  

That's pretty damned different than a vice president who has no such ability to declassify documents and then apparently forgot about them in his office, homes, and even garage after he took them from their secure locations; merrily violating the process he agreed to follow.  No record of him taking them.  No archives trail to account for them.  He just left with them and nobody in the federal government was the wiser.

Objectively it seems pretty obvious to me that while Trump's situation is not great and may be criminal, Biden is simply overtly criminal.  Trump has a mediocre excuse, Biden has nothing.

4 minutes ago, nitflegal said:

He may well have thought he was within his rights but if he's that oblvious to the openings that he's leaving he's kind of an idiot.  That said, there was a record of what he took and had, he had it secured, and secured it more when advised to by the Feds.  To my eyes, his main failings were to not cover himself on his way out with a quick memo that said he declassified them, to fight for so long over them which makes him an easier target for his enemies, and then to at least overtly retroactively declassify them which he both no longer has the power to do but also makes it look like he's guilty.  

Seems like every Republican POTUS fails to address the fact that the whole swampateria, and the purported Republican aides hired, are all enemies. Just because prior POTII kept classified docs without consequence doesn't mean you won't get burned.

As for Biden, nobody is asking the question "What classified docs has he already sold to OPFOR?"

43 minutes ago, Ivanhoe said:

As for Biden, nobody is asking the question "What classified docs has he already sold to OPFOR?"

The worm is turning.  Adam Schiff, Leftist loyalist and promoter of the Trump/Russia collusion hoax, is now essentially asking that question.

1 hour ago, nitflegal said:

Did you actually read it?

“I see the disinfectant that knocks it out in a minute, one minute,” Trump said during Thursday’s coronavirus press briefing. “And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside, or almost a cleaning? Because you see it gets inside the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it would be interesting to check that.”

He didn't say that you should inject the disfectant, he asked if there was a way to inject something like that inside.  Because we do, we have experimental injectable anti-virals that show promise in blood plasma.  We also use low level antiseptics to inhale into the lungs that work at the alveolar level (Note: disinfectants are what are used on inorganic surfaces, if you use the same chemical (iodophors, chlorhexidene, isopropyl alcohol) on organic living tissue it's termed an antiseptic) now.  I wish he hadn't played the stupid being sarcastic card, he asked a totally reasonable layman's question where the experimental answer is actually at least a maybe.

Wait, you mean we kill pathogens by slightly tweaking things like PH at a level that's non injurious to the human processes but DO make it difficult for the pathogen? WHO KNEW??!?!?

Next thing you know we'll be having people treat infections or oral problems with alcohol or hydrogen peroxides!

Edited by rmgill

3 hours ago, Ivanhoe said:

Seems like every Republican POTUS fails to address the fact that the whole swampateria, and the purported Republican aides hired, are all enemies. Just because prior POTII kept classified docs without consequence doesn't mean you won't get burned.

Since Trump whines incessantly that he has been targetted like no other president in history it's not unreasonable for him to act like it.  If after 7 years of it he's still this foolish what on earth makes anyone think he won't orchestrate his own downfall if through some miracle he made it to the White House?  

2 hours ago, rmgill said:

Wait, you mean we kill pathogens by slightly tweaking things like PH at a level that's non injurious to the human processes but DO make it difficult for the pathogen? WHO KNEW??!?!?

Next thing you know we'll be having people treat infections or oral problems with alcohol or hydrogen peroxides!

Crazy right?

Yet another twist in the Biden family saga.  As most now know Hunter Biden was living at the residence in Delaware along with the vintage green Corvette and stolen classified documents.  Hunter Biden completed a background screening document that states he paid nearly $50,000 monthly rent to live there from March 2017 until moving out February 2018. 

For tax year 2017 Joe Biden claims on his Schedule E to have received less than $20,000 from rental properties.  Apparently on his 2018 return Joe Biden claimed no rental income.  This suggests there was about $500,000 of unreported income between those two tax years. 
Curious.
https://pubdisclosures.wpenginepowered.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Biden-2017-Amended-Federal.pdf

Edited by DKTanker

2 hours ago, nitflegal said:

Since Trump whines incessantly that he has been targetted like no other president in history it's not unreasonable for him to act like it.  If after 7 years of it he's still this foolish what on earth makes anyone think he won't orchestrate his own downfall if through some miracle he made it to the White House?  

It is not paranoid to think every one is out to get you...... When every one is out to get you!

You would think that being some what true that many were out to get Trump. He would have dotted the Is and crossed the Ts or had people working full time to make that happen.

Paging President Harris! Paging President Harris!  The "Big Guy" has some explaining to do, and it looks like the crimes of the Biden Crime Family, like those of the Clinton Crime Family will be covered up by the DOJ...Again.  

16 hours ago, 17thfabn said:

It is not paranoid to think every one is out to get you...... When every one is out to get you!

You would think that being some what true that many were out to get Trump. He would have dotted the Is and crossed the Ts or had people working full time to make that happen.

That's it right there.  I think he is probably right but even after all of that he was just as sloppy and self destructive as ever.  If Trump looked like he had learned his lessons and was going to back to the presidency doing the policy and outreach things I value and not the stupid hiring decisions and tripping on his d*ck every other day I could support him again. It is things like this that make that unlikely because now that his adversaries have had time to get ready for him and know his behavior I don't see us getting any of the good things and we will get an amplification of the bad.

I swear, it's like he wants to be a martyr and go to prison.

22 minutes ago, nitflegal said:

That's it right there.  I think he is probably right but even after all of that he was just as sloppy and self destructive as ever.  If Trump looked like he had learned his lessons and was going to back to the presidency doing the policy and outreach things I value and not the stupid hiring decisions and tripping on his d*ck every other day I could support him again. It is things like this that make that unlikely because now that his adversaries have had time to get ready for him and know his behavior I don't see us getting any of the good things and we will get an amplification of the bad.

I swear, it's like he wants to be a martyr and go to prison.

I think if Trump were ever formally charged because of his ego he would have to testify. He would be his  attorney's nightmare as his own witness. 

I think if Trump went to court over a parking ticket he would probably talk his way into the death penalty.